• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brick_mortimer

Quote from: Seaman on November 23, 2017, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Tarkus on November 22, 2017, 01:01:59 AM
Signals are all green right now, as I haven't pathed it yet.

ahh... you can leave the signals like that. I'm sure the Sims figure out a way to drive through this intersection in the evening rush hour without them... :P

Yep, and even with *working* signals they'll manage to crash.

So... basically you wasted your time "gator wrestling" with long mast arms :D
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Tarkus

Quote from: brick_mortimer on November 23, 2017, 02:14:29 PM
Yep, and even with *working* signals they'll manage to crash.

Well, we can test that now. :D  Pathing operations are complete.  Took about a half hour for this beast.

And here's a peek at how the new, modified Ryan B. mast arms look on one of the base Type 130 intersections:

-Alex

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

metarvo

Welp, I guess this one's not supported, unfortunately, unless I'm just doing something wrong here.  %wrd

I don't mean to rain on your parade, though, Alex.  This is some sweet "T" that could compete with the southern sweet tea that I enjoy.  Let me take a stab at this one, would it be called a 202, 303, or neither?  $%Grinno$%
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Kitsune

metvaro .... ;)

I havent tested with traffic yet though with this idea. What I did is a put a TLA-5 starter three tiles from the intersection on both sides. I then draw out the intersection, and use the RHW disconnect tool to destroy the TLA-5 - except the starter as it doesnt work on that. I bull doze the starters, then place the FTL transition. The trick is not to drag through the intersection - stop just before. If only the RHW disconnect supported NWM starters, would make this trick a lot easier and quicker. :)
~ NAM Team Member

metarvo

Thanks, Kitsune!  :thumbsup:  Nice find.  That disconnect is a nifty little tool, isn't it?
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Kitsune

Quote from: metarvo on December 02, 2017, 12:05:52 PM
Thanks, Kitsune!  :thumbsup:  Nice find.  That disconnect is a nifty little tool, isn't it?

Yeah - I couldnt live life without it !  :D
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

The TLA-3 and AVE-2 weren't planned to get direct FTL crossings, as the thought was that since both networks support Type 110 FTLs, and share the exact same footprint, that users would simply convert from NWM to FTL before reaching the intersection.  Crossings between FTLs and base NWM OWRs base RD-type NWM networks (ARD-3, NRD-4, RD-4, and RD-6) and GLR/ELR Dual-Networks are in the plans, however.  Disconnector expansion is as well.

-Alex

Seaman

Quote from: Seaman on September 30, 2017, 01:33:16 AM
Quote from: Tarkus on September 29, 2017, 06:33:37 PM
The RD-4-to-Type 120 transition was indeed something that was planned.  There was going to even be a FLEX piece under the FTL menu for it, but I couldn't get the overrides quite where I wanted them.  The FLEX piece was disabled, but what had been done on the overrides was left in place as an unadvertised as-is feature.  I believe Brian did actually manage to get it working during testing, so it can be done, but it's not the most stable thing by any means.

Ah, thank you for this info. After your hint, I've tried to get the RD-4 starter (yellow) closer to the FTL transition (blue). It seems to work if you have just 1 tile inbetween.

This has actually quite an impact for me since I was sort of neglecting the RD-4 because of the missing turning lane features and the space consuming workaround by converting it to AVE-4.
Now, you may consider me an even more happy FTL user. I'm starting to run out of wishes here  ;D

And I thought I had it, but I should have checked the pathing:

oh.. well then, I can wait for some more iterations... :P

Tyberius06

Hi!

Is there any chance to make (in a future development) such intersections (with FTLs), where 2 different directional OWRs are intersecting with an AVEnue or road. From the OWRs one could turn left and right. See the attached picture. Of course on the picture I could do only this "version, where the two OWRs are intersecting with the AVE next to each other, but what I'm talking about, they would be in one line.

I'm just wondering if it's pissible...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

matias93

You can always make the 4 tiles across the crossing with the road tool and it will work as you intended. I'm not sure about the look of it, but in terms of the traffic simulation, it is almost the same (discounting the loss of capacity)

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tyberius06

Thanks Matias!

I tried, and yepp if I draw the road (like a zebracrossing) through the AVE than draw the OWRs towards the AVE/Road crossing I can get the intersection, but the paths are kind of messy... (picture) and OK, it's just cosmetic thingy and not that important, but the it would be nice to see the arrows...
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

mgb204

Paths are fine, they need to be bi-directional around the intersection because sometimes you can't control the "tidal flow" system for OWRs. I.e. the code that switches the direction of OWR when dragged in different directions. However, bi-directional paths on OWR will work in either direction just fine, it just looks out of place.

However, you want a OWR SITAP connection here, that will restore the OWR arrows and is a precursor to the FTL system. See around 3:20 in this video tutorial, although you might want to see the entire OWR Signalisation Section for usage with other networks.

Tarkus

It was recently discovered that there was a pathing issue with the Type 120 FTL intersections with the Street network (thanks yddot at Simtropolis).  This issue has now been fixed on our end, and a patch can be downloaded below.  Simply place the .dat file contained in the .zip into your My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\z___NAM folder, thereby ensuring it loads after the base FTL file.

-Alex

Tarkus

So, this happened . . .

No idea when it'll be released, but it's by-and-large operational at this point.

-Alex

Tyberius06

Wow, it's pretty neat, Alex! :)
Am I correct that the SC4 will get Flex CFI options?

Really niiiice! :)

- Tyberius

Wiimeiser

Here's hoping we can mix & match with ARD-3, eventually. That would be nice...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

AsimPika3172

Wow!!!....  ()what() Another craziest FTL ever!  :P Well done!  :thumbsup:
Please make many more special FTL for more fun!  :D :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!