• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samerton

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

GDO29Anagram

LOL  :D

Wow, BL,... A T21 Army is just random...

On a serious note,... You rigged something in the exemplars or models to make the pillars appear 15M higher... That is, if what I'm seeing is an ERHW beyond RHW-4... Otherwise,... You really messed up that RHW-6s...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Rionescu

Elevated RHW-6S  &hlp

I like how you can have stuff on the tile where the shoulder overhangs.

samerton

woodb3kmaster

T21'd support pillars, Vince? I'm intrigued. I assume there's at least one advantage to this method of adding them to the wider ERHW networks as opposed to making them part of the model, though I don't know what that advantage might be. Perhaps you could enlighten us?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Paul 999

Elevated RHW-6S! That will be so important for a RHW project in my city!  &apls

MandelSoft

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on October 11, 2010, 10:46:54 AM
T21'd support pillars, Vince? I'm intrigued. I assume there's at least one advantage to this method of adding them to the wider ERHW networks as opposed to making them part of the model, though I don't know what that advantage might be. Perhaps you could enlighten us?
It's quite simple actually. The pillars are not placed under each tile. This is possible with T21ing. If you put the pillar into the model, however, can have two results:
1. The pillar is present at every tile of El-RHW over empty land
2. The pillar is not present at every tile of El-RHW over empty land, but you'll have a heck of a lot of complicated RUL-code.

So that's why we chose this method.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

kj3400

Because the ERHW-6S is only one tile wide (technically) does that mean it can make curves by dragging it? Or is that not possible yet?
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

metarvo

How about "Invasion of the T21s" for a movie or at least a book?  I imagine it would probably do well.  ()stsfd()

ERHW-6S would be a welcome edition, errr... addition, lol.  I must say that the Darkphalt looks very nice as well.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Blue Lightning

On a serious note,... You rigged something in the exemplars or models to make the pillars appear 15M higher... That is, if what I'm seeing is an ERHW beyond RHW-4... Otherwise,... You really messed up that RHW-6s...

Was messing around with T21s and just wanted to get them aligned properly. Accidentally modified the wrong value ;D

On top of what Maarten said, all the supports are done this way anyways. My setup is just different, lets see who can figure that out ;) (Hint: there's a reason why there's an EMIS over there)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

toja

It seems, as if you know what to do with the RotationsAllowed-Property.  :thumbsup:

Rionescu

The pillars are lined up on the RHW-6S while they're staggered on the MIS!

Blue Lightning

Exactly ;)

I can make a mod for the ERHW-4 and EMIS-1 that does the same, if there's any demand :)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Rionescu

kings_niners

Hey, I'm having issues with connecting a RHW-10 to other cities. No one will use them unless I adjust it down to a RHW-8. In addition, is it set up to where you must have the highway side by side in order for these neighbor connectors to work? I can't seem to get anybody to use my roads when I put an elevated rail in the median. Kind of hard to explain, think SR 4 in California from Brentwood to I-80, or I-580 from Pleasanton to Hayward. It's pretty much just a rail line built between in the median of the freeways; we call it BART out here. (Bay Area Rapid Transit) Not a biggie but if anyone knows I'd welcome an answer.

jdenm8

You can't put an elevated rail line in the median like that if you want a neighbour connection using the connector pieces. You can only use a combination of the connector pieces and the filler, unless you used the old loop connector method. It might work.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

samerton

Tarkus

Quote from: kings_niners on October 15, 2010, 01:54:37 AM
I can't seem to get anybody to use my roads when I put an elevated rail in the median. Kind of hard to explain, think SR 4 in California from Brentwood to I-80, or I-580 from Pleasanton to Hayward. It's pretty much just a rail line built between in the median of the freeways; we call it BART out here. (Bay Area Rapid Transit) Not a biggie but if anyone knows I'd welcome an answer.

From what I know of our userbase, I trust you're not alone on that.  I will look into creating a Elevated Rail-over-NC Underground Loop piece for a future update. :)

-Alex