• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

A 36x36 tiles cloverleaf would be 576x576m (or 0.36x0.36 miles) in RL, which is still a bit small, but not completely underscaled.

About the 270 degree clover loops, they would be quite expensive if you build them as bridges/viaducts. Often an earth ramp is cheaper, like this:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

In this photo again joiner is MIS. My cities are extremely large and over-populated for that I want to build major highways maksimalko huge clovers. The shortage of MIS is that there is only one lane and would have charged extra large tryafik flow. I need the use of the RHW-4 places where you use MIS.
As an example I can give you a road accident that MIS canvas - this would prevent all traffic because the bar is only one and congestion will be tremendous.

GDO29Anagram

Want a Cloverleaf with RHW-4 loops? Lo and behold. Another tutorial by Asteconn that shows just that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnvHn8m07dY

Even WITH RHW4 as the loops, it's better to use earth embankments. I'd imagine usage of viaducts/curved ramps to be more common in urban areas.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ivo_su

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on May 13, 2011, 06:15:34 AM
Want a Cloverleaf with RHW-4 loops? Lo and behold. Another tutorial by Asteconn that shows just that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnvHn8m07dY

Even WITH RHW4 as the loops, it's better to use earth embankments. I'd imagine usage of viaducts/curved ramps to be more common in urban areas.

Thanks so much for this clip.
This is exactly what I wanted to see. Only when it came out new version of the RHW know that fashion will use elevated RHW-6c which would help me do what I want. The only thing that worries me is whether I'll need space for this clover because it is like watching pretty huge.
I appreciate you for your cooperation.

- Ivo

Twyla

Quote from: ivo_su on May 13, 2011, 02:08:07 AMI need the use of the RHW-4 places where you use MIS.

This one is smaller, cheaper, and much easier to build than the one in the video - 44x44 *including* starters - and as small as you can make an RHW4-based cloverleaf.  The only non-RHW item needed is a 15m Hole Digger (there are plenty to choose from - I like SA's Diggers, personally).

It's also easy to make a 46x46 version using this arrangement for the Collector/Distributor lanes with an extra set of RHW-4 through lanes (58x58 including the joiners).

EDIT:  The C/D setup is 64x64 - though the cloverleaf loops themselves are relatively compact.

ivo_su

Omigod it really takes too much space. Must be considered but unthinkable that I would have  so much  space  where  I need. But thank you for your cooperation and that they are trying to visualize my questions.

Blue Lightning

You could (if you hated how big it is, personally I like it that big) just not use smooth curves and/or a slope mod. I'd estimate it'd be around 20x20 then, maybe less if you know a few tricks
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

ivo_su

Wow
for the first time I feel so special - all my pay as much attention. Now I will go in the game to make a picture and show you the plot.

Here's the place from several  different  corners. I plan to replace the section  of Maxi's highway soon, a new version of the RHW for this purpose  will use ERHW-6c on the RHW-10. I guess you have to tear down another building to free space but the real problem  will be the  HSRP to cross a wide stretch of RHW.

- Ivo

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Blue Lightning on May 13, 2011, 12:20:27 PM
You could (if you hated how big it is, personally I like it that big) just not use smooth curves and/or a slope mod. I'd estimate it'd be around 20x20 then, maybe less if you know a few tricks

Like the de-starterfication trick? ;)

@Ivo: First of all, pretty dense city, but I hate the lack of room for highways. Then again, that's a common problem that city engineers face when building in-city interchanges.

Best course of action is to NOT go with a cloverleaf; Those are one of the biggest of all interchanges, and it traps four quadrants of land from ever being used for city development. There are many interchanges that are better-suited for urban usage, but the more I explain, the more I diverge off from the main topic of this thread.

I'll leave you to the links to two threads: Haljackey's RHW Interchange Guide and the Show Us Your Interchanges Thread.

Though I would personally recommend a type of Cloverstack or, if it's the stack is little complicated, a type of Roundabout Interchange.
<INACTIVE>
-----

jdenm8

A volleyball Interchange would work there within the space constraints, but traffic that turns has to stop. That, and it'll be a bit of a PITA to build until L4ERHW-4 is developed.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Wiimeiser

Question: How about a RHW6S to 3 MIS? Would that work?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

@Wiimeister: If you're talking about "shredding" an RHW-6S into three MISses? That sounds a little complicated. (What kind of highway would have that, anyway?)

Besides, wouldn't just sticking a RHW4-MIS splitter to an RHW-4 C/D Ramp also work? (Then again, the starters get in the way...)

Would you show a picture of an actual setup?
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

US-26 EB at I-405 in Downtown Portland, OR comes close.  However, it loses its left lane well before it splits the other two, so I don't think it'd fully count.

Vince did draw up a V4-Spec prototype texture awhile back . . . I'm not sure it's really under much consideration right now, however.

-Alex

Exla357

The easiest thing to do would be to use the RHW-6C to -6S transition, then place a D ramp, and use a RHW-4 to Parallel MIS splitter, as suggested by GDO29Anagram would be as close as you could get. The RHW-C networks I would imagine are hard to shred because of the odd number of tiles and overhang.

-Alex
(I'm not copying Tarkus when I do that, I've done it my whole life lol)

Kitsune

ok I'll admit I went a looooong stretch between when RHW 4.1 came out and playing SC4, and I did miss the bug squisher update that I thought until now was cosmetic in nature.. However, I'm not sure if this has been posted or not.... the elevated MIS path is backwards on the road intersection:

~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

It looks like you are using the NAM Viaduct FaceLift Mod by NekoPanch.  As both myself and some of the NAM Associates have uncovered, there are some substantial issues with a number of the RHW-related models included in the package, including many of the EMIS intersections having their textures flipped backwards, and one of the OWR ortho models being replaced with a diagonal.

The only way to fix this issue is to uninstall the viaduct mod.

-Alex

kassarc16

Hey, speaking of Viaduct Facelift mods, is the NAM one available yet?

Exla357

The reason there are bugs with that viaduct is because it was modded for LHD by the Japenese creator. This is evident in the stoplight placement, etc. I'll bet using LHD models with RHD NAM will cause problems lol......I'm gonna go uninstall it now :D

-Alex

jdenm8

Actually, the piece is still the wrong way in LHD.
You can fix it yourself by modifying the VU values for the road texture in the model. As for the bad overpass, copying the correct road one and using it to replace the OWR one while changing the texture to the Orthogonal OWR one will fix the problem.

These fixes are however well beyond what most users are capable of and there are some new and some changed overpass pieces in the upcoming release that won't be covered by the mod.

It is an excellent mod, it just has these few issues which is nothing bigger than what was in, for example, the SAM (which was a section of stability code, PEG Dirt Road over Rail doesn't carry the override even with the texture replaced).

EDIT: I hate being the one to start a new page :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley