• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

iLives Reader 1.x Official support thread

Started by ilive, March 16, 2010, 08:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markhoz

Doesn´t work  ???
I haven´t the folder "spanish" I found "SimCityLocale.Dat" at the Steam folder, I downloaded SC4 from Steam,       I did everything rigth, but the IReader doesn´t work :(

Thank´s for all ;)

mgb204

Well it does work, I use it all the time, there is no error here as such, for the most part you can happily use the reader without ever loading the SimCity Locale file, it just won't be able to reference the data within it.

Your folders may indeed differ from mine, Program Files (x86) is the default install location for all programs, if Steam decide to install it somewhere else you will have to find the file manually. Once you've told the Reader where it is, the error message will stop appearing. Do bear in mind there is more than one SimCity Locale file, and the normal CD install has a number of language folders in the root of the SimCity 4 Deluxe folder. You will want to select the relivant one for the language you are using normally, if there is no Spanish folder I've no idea what Steam might have changed here, but a simple Windows search would find all the SimCity Locale files in seconds so it shouldn't be too hard.

jdenm8

Steam stores the locale files weirdly, it only downloads the language you've selected and it doesn't store it in a language folder.

All you have to do is point Reader at where Steam has put the file. The path is SteamApps/Common/SimCity 4 Deluxe/SimCityLocale.dat. The path is the same for every language.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Markhoz

Yes, I found the file...I followed the configuration instructions, but when I restart the program, it doesn,t run :bomb:

HappyDays

Define "doesn't run".

When you click the executable to run the program, does it:

A: Do literally nothing. No pop-ups, no error message, no warnings, no program process in task manager.

B: Give an error message.

C: Do something else.

If B, give us the exact language of the message. If C, describe exactly what occurs.

keepmada

Quote from: Tropod on January 05, 2015, 03:35:10 PM
... Even though the program is old, if users do have issues the only way they'll possibly get fixed is with the help of recent posts by yourself & others...
What is required, beyond standard procedure, to update the LEX download to version 1.52b? Equipping enthusiasts with an enhanced toolset will encourage development and increase complexity of custom content.
&idea

Tropod

I think having v0.93 around, much like this thread, still is useful for historical reasons. It's also a good base from which to start modding & many functions in v1.52b, though not all, can be found in 0.93. The LEX version is 0.93 which is actually quite a good version & one I still use some times (ssshhhh don't tell anyone :-X). Updating LEX probably just need to have one of the admins update it or add a note to it.

null45

v1.5.3b update summary/notes:

- The DXT1 1-bit alpha channel is now loaded correctly.
   - Fixed the display bug with files containing embedded mipmaps.
   - Fixed a UI glitch with the Flip Horz and Flip Vert buttons.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ps1zunwyvvsj1r/Ilives_Reader_v153b_Release.zip?dl=0
Contains "ILives Reader.msi" installer and "setup.exe" for MS2010 runtime libraries.
source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6xylclhdyojez5/Ilives_Reader_source_vs2010_v153b.zip?dl=0

medit84truth

The iLives installer gives me this message:

"Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed."

This is the message I get when trying to setup the MS2010 runtime libraries:

Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software. The following blocking issue must be resolved before you can install Microsoft visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistribution Setup software package.

Please Resolve the following:
A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistribution has been detected on the machine

Tropod

Quote from: medit84truth on July 25, 2015, 06:26:06 PM
The iLives installer gives me this message:

"Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed."

This is the message I get when trying to setup the MS2010 runtime libraries:

Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software. The following blocking issue must be resolved before you can install Microsoft visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistribution Setup software package.

Please Resolve the following:
A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistribution has been detected on the machine

Are you able to uninstall & then reinstall both the reader and MSVC? Otherwise someone would need to look at source code to see if that can be updated.

mgb204

Just wanted to relay a bug I was able to reproduce discussed here on SimTropolis recently.

If you open a buildings exemplar and the property Budget Item: Cost. When trying to enter data in the Integer format the entered amount is changed to something else. In this example the Maxis Power plant from 250-->300 which changes to 768 when setting the new figure.

I've just tried another one with a random building exemplar from my plugins folder and the property Building Value, once more the integer entry seems to result in a much higher number than entered. Selecting Default at this point gives you 0x0...#. Where # equals the actual figure entered in the first place, but not the correct Hex conversion.

I'm using version 1.53b which I believe to be the latest.

Tropod

Thanks for referencing & posting that here ;).

Should be an easy fix (hopefully) & probably has to do with data type. Will have a look over the next few days & see if I can fix it. Stay tuned  ()testing().

cheers :thumbsup:.

Tropod

v1.5.4 update;
-Exemplar Property "INT" Editing fixed.
Should fix the above mentioned issue, for most editing purposes. In saying this ilive designed the Exemplar editing though so "0x" treats the input as hex, input without 0x gets treated as not hex. And this will be regardless of whether hex or int being selected as input.

v1.5.4 source code

mgb204

Small issue here, I can't install the new version, because the old version is already installed.

I can't uninstall the old version, I get this error:

"Error opening installation log file. Verify
that the specified log file location exists
and is writable"

Could you tell me where this should be, it isn't with the originally installed folders so far as I can tell?

:edit: - Sorted now, I tracked down the original installer from the registry entries and managed to run the uninstaller successfully from there. No idea why the link was broken?

Tropod

Quote from: mgb204 on October 02, 2015, 09:35:32 AM
Small issue here, I can't install the new version, because the old version is already installed.

I can't uninstall the old version, I get this error:

"Error opening installation log file. Verify
that the specified log file location exists
and is writable"

Could you tell me where this should be, it isn't with the originally installed folders so far as I can tell?

:edit: - Sorted now, I tracked down the original installer from the registry entries and managed to run the uninstaller successfully from there. No idea why the link was broken?

TBH no idea &mmm. Would have to have a look & even then may still have no idea. I think the installer was done by someone else & not ilive himself if I recall. For future reference/release I could possibly upload a non-installer version, which personally I prefer myself anyways, it may just have some subtle differences (again off-hand not sure).

marbour

I have a little question here. Every-time i try to attach an xa file with description to my lot, it makes the game crashes. Now i know this works because i already did this on another file. I'm probably missing something here but can't find out what. I'm just trying to change the description in the menu. This is a modified fire station by the way.
Can anybody help? Ty

marbour

Quote from: marbour on January 24, 2016, 11:27:54 AM
I have a little question here. Every-time i try to attach an xa file with description to my lot, it makes the game crashes. Now i know this works because i already did this on another file. I'm probably missing something here but can't find out what. I'm just trying to change the description in the menu. This is a modified fire station by the way.
Can anybody help? Ty
I just found out that its because i added the symbol (§) in the description file, so just be careful what you write in your description.

jdenm8

The game doesn't use the § symbol. All instances you see in the game are actually the $ sign. You see § because the game's fonts have the § glyph in the $ position.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

speeder

I am thinking of updating this.

If I end actually updating it, can I just add it to GitLab instead of all this source attachment thing?

Also, anyone know the license?

Tropod

Quote from: speeder on February 16, 2016, 07:17:19 PM
I am thinking of updating this.

If I end actually updating it, can I just add it to GitLab instead of all this source attachment thing?

Also, anyone know the license?

Feel free to update &/or use the source code :thumbsup: & upload wherever. I only used dropbox as it was convenient for me & I couldn't update or upload to ilives Sourceforge project (to many roadblocks). ilive himself years ago assisted me personally with getting his code up & running to program on & he had no problem with this. Plus he's nowhere to be found anymore it seems :'(. Any licenses that are applicable should be in the source code itself in their relevant area (ie with header etc).

Personally, I will most likely not be making anymore updates. My files for this project sits on an old XP hard drive that I think is finally stuffed :'(, plus my time is currently focused on other things at the moment.