• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Road/Avenue merges - how to do this in the least number of tiles?

Started by Crissa, September 18, 2007, 04:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crissa

I've been poking at interchanges, trying to replicate ones I've seen - some I can, others I can't.  There seems to be alot of variation on what will and won't work.

But I've seen a few interchanges I can't duplicate, and even so, it leaves me wondering if I'm doing it the best way, or if someone has a puzzle-piece I'm missing.

The basic ones I'm playing with are:

• One-Way Street to two parallel One-Way Streets (for RHW8, interchanges, or traffic diversions from an avenue;

This one seems to be pretty tough; I haven't gotten hang of the diagonal starter pieces, but often I find I just can't drag the road in the right direction - I have to build it one way and then re-build it somehow so the flow is going the right way.  RHW dosn't reverse flow like One-Way does, so it's sometimes maddening, but I've mostly got it, even if the curved merges are kinda icky looking.

• Avenue Diagonal to One-Way Streets Diagonal

Holy moly, the One-way Streets Diagonal is hard to start up; sometimes it wants to double back on itself, and it seems to take be five tiles before I can get the spread from two tiles (avenue) to three (seperate one ways)  Anyone have tips?

• Avenue Diagonal to RHW4 Diagonal

Is this even possible?

• Avenue Diagonal to RHW2

I saw a picture, but gosh if I know how it happened.

• Road to Avenue

This simplist one seems to be the worst, it always seems to want an intersection.

---

So, anyone have some tips on these basic interchanges?

-Crissa

mightygoose

easiest way is to come of of diagonal and as the road/ OWR turns onto the orthogonal it merely occupies two tiles of width rather than one.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....