• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glepet

I can't wait to see how you develop Shadow Canyon. Congratulations to 3RR and Thundercrack on 1200 comments!  &apls

bat

Also looking forward to Shadow Canyon! ;)

Shadow Assassin

As am I! :P

It looks good from what I can see so far. A beautiful piece of land. :P

Do I have a house there? ;)

(and it's coming up to 22222 views; this is 22221 :P)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

keithsed

Hi David

Lurk on,  Lurk off!

That's been me lately.  I'm glad to see you're still at it.  Everything looks very GOOD :thumbsup: as usual. 

Keith

dedgren

These are just a few eye-candy doodlies I did in Shadow Canyon while trying to perfect a ploppable water waterfall that drops straight into game water.

You'll be hearing more about that project in a bit because- it worked!  It's sad to say that similar experiments with overlay textures over a "no base texture" tile have not... I guess I knew that, but had to see for myself.

More Shadow Canyon soon.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

OOOh I like that. shadow canyon looks real nice. Awesome wok you do with 3RR &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

wouanagaine

you ruin my day David. I spent 2 hours in SC4 yesterday evening, crafting what I thought was a nice waterfall and now I'm wake up and see yours, and I'm depressed

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bat

Very beautiful area! Also great pictures, david!

btw,
;D my 1900th countable post and 65th in this excellent MD  ;D
and with the non countable (e. g. in the Forum-Games-Category) only the 2037th post

(...after at least the 1700th, 1600th, 1300th, 1200th, 1000th, 900th post (and the 1800th post in the RMIP-thread) in this excellent Project...)

ript7368

Quote from: dedgren on April 22, 2007, 10:07:54 AM

Wow, I live like 40 miles from this pic!! I didn't know people actually visited that landmark.

-Mark

Pat

WOW David i totaly agree with Wouanagaine here!!! That waterfall flowed seamlessly into game
water.  Gone all day on Duty for the Fire department and come home to find my works this morning
are in vain LoL BUTTTTTTT it gives me incentive to work it better now and loved the Shadow canyon
will see ya's soon pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

I've been trying to get a bit of water that looks like it's spraying into an area of a brick canal (a recirculating system so to speak). Finally I had to give up, but I'm glad you didn't. Your waterfall and surrounding area is off the charts. :thumbsup:

Jm

dmscopio

those streams and waterfall looks great, very realistic!  &apls
for more BAT downloads: www.davidluart.com

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Incredible! I've never had the touch with the ploppable water, but I think I'm going to have to practice just so I can use the waterfall right into game water! Great innovation, David...but then again, when isn't there some kind of great innovation here at 3RR?

dedgren

Trying to get to a point where we can make some big collaboration strides over the weekend.

Here's a little sequence of pics, though, from Shadow Canyon.  Nothing real organized, but I think you'll like them.

This is the overall area most of the pics are from.  We'll do a whole update devoted to Thunder Crack at some point- I have some special stuff I've been working on for that.

Along the West Fork of the Little Leaf River in high summer.

Fall is beautiful in Shadow Canyon.

It comes on in stages.

Then the leaves begin to fall...

...until autumn is just a memory.

A beautiful spring drive.

Finally, here's a few more from the Redbird Cascades.

That's it for today- thanks for stopping by.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

HabLeUrG

wow simply amazing...  &apls &apls

thundercrack83

Whew...It's been a while since we had that kind of update around here...and it feels good! Shadow Canyon is magnificent, but that goes without saying. The seasonal trees are always a winner, and I must agree when you say, "Fall is beautiful in Shadow Canyon." I'll be looking forward to hearing the news on the collaboration front, too!

Travis

That's just beautiful David- those trees look amazing. Great use of your road curves too. Looking forward to
hearing more news about collaboration as well.  :)

Jmouse

Shadow Canyon (et.al.) is gorgeous, David. If you could manage a few handicapped-friendly trails beside the stream and through the woods, I'd spend every morning there.
Meanwhile, looking forward to more ...

Joan

Shadow Assassin

Wow, Shadow Canyon's beautiful.

The road's very curvy, too. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Sober

Just love the trees, all of it, how they change and everything. Beautiful.