• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Need help with a question

Started by Pat, December 03, 2008, 01:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Here I am setting up my shop and well I will be showcasing my work I will be doing for ITC and today I will be starting with a building some may remember and some may not... well if not thats OK and if you do well there is a slight change in plans but it will still be the MDK Building after all... Just the only thing changing is it will be ITC MDK Building, OK enough of me rambling here and here is some pics to tidy over here....

So that is the ITC MDK Memorial Building right now what is the status its currently in the hands of getting PIM-X as this will be a LEX exclusive lot for some time... The Bat was originally made by our very own Matt and was given to me to lot as a memorial to some time ago for the passing of OP4...

So now I want to get this lot right as there will be 2 version to choose from a 6x6 and 3x3... Originally Matt had asked me what it would look like on the 3x3 and then I showed him, it turned out rather good... At that time it was a plop with jobs only and well they are OK in my books I like what I do to grow...

Well that brings us to the present time frame here Ive been tinkering around here and there with the lot since around June and just couldn't get the 3x3 to grow at all!!! what you see up there is the 6x6 growing and that would grow no problem... Oh the stage sets are for the 3x3 is CO $$ and the 6x6 CO $$$ well at least that is what I had hopped for lol... So in all 4 lots would be available here once finished 2 for the 6x6 and 2 for the 3x3..

One grow and one plop...  This is one of the biggest projects I had ever taken on till recently, I broke down when I gotten frustrated with the 3x3 not growing at all and then I called out to Barby for help.. Well Barby was going to help out (her work horse is sick at the moment, and is in the shop getting fixed up to be healthy again) Robin has stepped to help so, well I just have to further touch base with him and we should have a working product here soon with the PIM-X tool yay!!!! Apparently some of my modding mistakes are still very noobish but have gotten a lot better so that makes me feel good!!!  ;)

Ohh here is the Icons I plan on using for the Plop with jobs for both the 6x6 and the 3x3

OP EDIT: To clarify myself a bit better  ;)

ITC Lots and modding by Pat:

• ITC MDK Memorial Building Project = in progress...
  • ITC Mission Style Large Train Station 5x3 = in progress...
  • ITC Mission Style Medium Train Station = in progress...
  • ITC Texture Pack Pat vol 01 = in progress

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

QuoteBarby work horse is sick at the moment
Can I point out that Barby isn't sick but her desktop computer's hard drive had gone to the cyber heaven for overworked machinery? I am waiting to get my computer back and restore my back up but I hadn't backed up since I got the files from Pat. I'm glad Robin is helping out.
As for me, well normal service should be resumed next week.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Pat

whoopsie sorry about that Barby I should had clarified that a bit better  ;D  thank you for stepping to the rescue!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

OK Here is a small devolpment shot of whats happening with the ITC MDK memorial building... A biiiiiiiig and I mean biiiiig thank you goes out to Robin for making these PIM-X'ed!!! I wish I could give a karma point to him for his hard for doing that for me and dealing with me on it lol.... OK so here is the lot line up on the

ITC MDK Memorial Building:

• CO $$ 5x5
  • CO $$ 3x3
  • Plop 4x3 functional

Dependencies that I will be using are going to be

Prop packs:

• Porkies Props vol 1
  • Porkies Props vol 2
  • BSC SG Mega Pack Vol 1
  • BSC Misc vol 2
  • BSC CP Mega Prop Vol 1

Texture Packs:

• BSC Texture Pack vol 1
  • BSC Texture Pack vol 2
  • LBT Texture Pack vol 2

As you can see thes are common files as I think mostly everyone will have them and I might even trim out a few packs as well? But this is only a start and for 3 lots for a total 5 prop dependencies and 3 possible texture dependencies cant beat that deal!!!

Pat

Well I done had a good fare nocked out here on the MDK and I think I done messed something up when I tried to Brand the ITC name on the lot's... I went in game to do a test on the lots Robin gave me and after I've done some great LE'ing on them to lo and behold to find nothing in the building plops function... So a little delay here sorry about that as I fumble my way threw and learn what not to do gaaaaaaaaah

pat

threestooges

No worries Pat. Take your time on it, I'm sure you'll get it straightened out soon enough.

Pat

Some good news on MDK, Well hopefully the bump in the road will be smoothed out here soon!!!

Pat

While the MDK is under a check to see whats happening here soon is something coming from me!!! another joint project between me and matt....

Heblem

hmm Pat I dont suggest you anymore in using my parking lot texture pack, is has some bugs in instances and some are not well elaborate, just to note to you about that...

Nice lot btw  ;)

Pat

What happend to the textures Heblem? I love them soo much!!! They are the best out there for city's and XD's are perfect for country type parking lots.

XiahouDun

Pathed parking lot textures, what a wonderful idea $%#Ninj2 :D

Seriously though, those lots look great Pat :thumbsup:
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Pat

Well as Matt pointed out I have been working around with the styles of the train station and this is what I have come up with... A lot has happend this time behind the scenes and I think this is what is happening, now depending on what you all thing let me know K!!!!

And here is the offical looking pics I tinkered around with lol.... I did some close up and cutting and pasting to get in as close as possible for these pics so that is why there is a black box in the corner, sorry about that one...

So just let me know what you all think about this and the dependency count is rather good to... Here is that list....

Prop Pack's:

• BSC Mega Prop Pack - Misc Vol 02
  • BSC Mega Prop Pack - CP Vol 01
  • BSC Mega Prop Pack - D66 Vol 02
  • BSC Mega Prop Pack - SG Vol 01

Textures:

• XD Parking Textures

nerdly_dood

That's not bad, Pat - my one objection is that the roof is a little too red, it could probably be a duller orange-clay color... Not bad, though  :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Pat

XiahouDun

Looks really good. My only suggestion would be maybe one more group of people standing near the main entrance, and maybe a few people on the platform. Depenacy list isn't bad at all, 4 of the 5 are quite common files.

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Pat

Thanks Eric I will look into adding some people on the platform area...

in the mean time here is a test shot I did with diffrent postion of the station...

as you see it does also work at this placement and yes there is usage!!! I couldnt believe it  :o oooh and I know I shouldnt do it but I cant help myself I love Joans and XD's House's they look soo darn good here!!!

XiahouDun

Pat

hehehe hmmm I think that might be a good one there Eric lol!!! I still have the PIM-Xed ones here as well the one's sepertly done by ole pim lol if you lost your copy  ;D

Pat

As with all projects in progress name changes and well there has been a name change here for the better!!! The new name of this train station is the ITC Mission Style Large Train Station... By the name suggestion there will be more in this series of train stations!!! The next one up will be ITC Mission Style Medium Train Station and more will come on that as I get lotting on it  ;)

So in the mean time,

Merry Christmas all and to all a good night!!!

Here are some new photos to ogle over  ;D

as you can see there was a change in the base texture and with that there is a added dependency to the list and its only BSC Texture Pack vol 01... One thing that will be the same across the board is that all the train stations in the series will have the same dependency packs so there will be no confussion, sorta like what I did for the LBT Hotels I did...

Prop Pack's:

• BSC Mega Prop Pack - Misc Vol 02
  • BSC Mega Prop Pack - CP Vol 01
  • BSC Mega Prop Pack - D66 Vol 02
  • BSC Mega Prop Pack - SG Vol 01

Textures:

• XD Parking Textures
  • BSC Textures Pack Vol 01

Pat

So there is the start on the Medium Train station lemme know what you think!!!

size is 3x2, I was thinking to go a wee bit larger to a 3x3? So to make the front path area a bit bigger, Yes or no lemme know!!!

Also is there a tut anywhere to make a slope conforming lot? That is one thing I still dont know how to do yet... So any help would be greatfull!!!