• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

Hey Pat,

Nice torch relay pics so far.  The stadium and stage set up is really cool - never seen that before in SC4.  I hope that flame doesn't get toooooo close to that oil depot!

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

TheTeaCat

Looking good so far :thumbsup:

Great looking stadium too, and eagerly awaiting the next part :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

I was wondering where all the people were at :P

Looking good Pat :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

paroch

Hi Pat,

Nice work with the animations there.  I've never worked out how to do those!

I'm intrigued to see where that road leads.

Paul

kimcar

&apls &apls Great idea my friend this Simlympics  :thumbsup: I really like the torch relay and great animation too . Very good.  :thumbsup: Did you make the stadium ? Very well done. Can`t wait to see more  ;)

Jmouse

Good work on the torch relay path, Pat! You chose an interesting route that shows off New Casita's many assets. Good job on the graphics, too, and the animations are always a treat.

All in all, a really good update, so I hope you'll keep them coming!
Joan

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Wonderful two animations there, Pat! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the next update.. ;)

Pat

Well its been a short while since I last did a special tribute to anyone and this time I have picked Kimcar as he has inspired me to even try this next line of building style... Dont worry I am not giving up water works at all so no fret there at all... What Kimcar does and I always wanted to try and make is amusement parks as you can read in his MD here [linkie]...

As I did with Dustin aka Thundercracker83 for those who dont know and also Bat, I now add Kimcar to the special tributes... Don't worry there are more planned!!! So without further ado I would like to present to you all Update # 1 of EMH Park...

So that is it for part 1 of this tribute to Kimcar and now lets move on to personal replies from the last few updates here as I did promiss I would do them and so without further babbling from me well almost lol...

replies to gone camping

Quote from: Simpson on August 09, 2008, 11:07:08 PM
Hi Pat I'm happy to see new pic of your work in SC4
The pic is so superb and réalistic bravo my friend  &apls

Hi simpson thank you and IM glad you liked the new pics!!!

Quote from: Diggis on August 10, 2008, 12:10:37 AM
Hey Pat, Looking forward to seeing the relay come through.  The pond looks good, although I think I need to do some beaches and piers for you.  Thanks for your report.  :thumbsup:

Hey Shaun thanks and I hope to see some beaches and piers soon  ;D :D I do love the ponds and streams set btw!!! no problem it was my pleasure!!!

Quote from: bat on August 10, 2008, 01:57:39 AM
Beautiful picture there of that nice area, Pat!
Great to see a new picture! ;)

Bat thank you my friend!!!

Quote from: dedgren on August 16, 2008, 12:50:47 PM
Hey, Pat- you certainly whetted my appetite for more Waterfalls pics with your campground.  Hope all is well, my Rhinelanderian Friend- I'll be watching for that next update.

David

David its a real treat to have you come on into Waterfalls and Im glad I got you drooling for more  ;)  I just got to get a few more business deals out of the way and back to nature I will go with some more of Diggis awesome ponds and some more TPW too!!! So I hope to see you back soon again and I hope all is well up north!!!

Quote from: TheTeaCat on August 16, 2008, 03:14:00 PM
I'm still hopping from when one of my Torchbearers came too close &hlp
but its ok I poured some tea on it  :D :D :D

But it good to hear that New Castia shall be a  host  also in the relay :thumbsup:. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store.

nice graphics btw :thumbsup:

TTC

Well Derry they say Tea has some great healing powers and I guess you proved it ehh?? LoL and thank you my friend

replies from the torch relay parts 1 & 2

Quote from: Simpson on August 18, 2008, 12:42:20 PM
Hi Pat
Your update is looking superb. Your port is very good and very réalistic!! and also great stadium too my friend  :thumbsup:

Hey Simpson thank you very much my friend!!! I thank the SPD crew for doing such a great job on the main port itself to pull off that pic...

Quote from: art128 on August 18, 2008, 12:54:40 PM
Hi my friend

exellent update  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i like the parcour of the olympic torch  &apls

Hi arthur thank you and Im glad you liked the torch!!!

Quote from: paroch on August 18, 2008, 01:17:09 PM
Hey Pat,

Nice torch relay pics so far.  The stadium and stage set up is really cool - never seen that before in SC4.  I hope that flame doesn't get toooooo close to that oil depot!

Right Paul that would have been rather bad if the flame gotten to close the oil... whooopsie lol.... BTW if you want that stadium and stage see Kimcars response and I do need your help with doing a lot for it if you dont mind and the whole NUTs crew too...

Quote from: blade2k5 on August 18, 2008, 01:25:39 PM
&apls  excellent update Pat.  Nicely done ;D

Thank you so very much there Troy!!!

Quote from: TheTeaCat on August 18, 2008, 01:33:59 PM
Looking good so far :thumbsup:

Great looking stadium too, and eagerly awaiting the next part :D

TTC

Hey derry thank you and I hope I didnt keep you waiting to long :D

Quote from: blade2k5 on August 18, 2008, 01:44:35 PM
I was wondering where all the people were at :P

Looking good Pat :thumbsup:

LoL Troy yea they didnt want to be in the city itself lol......

Quote from: paroch on August 18, 2008, 02:30:49 PM
Hi Pat,

Nice work with the animations there.  I've never worked out how to do those!

I'm intrigued to see where that road leads.

Paul

Hey Paul thank you my friend and those roads lead to the next city of course  ;)  I know I just figured out how to due the animations myself and its pretty easy if you got GIMP? If you got it let me know and I can walk you threw it...

Quote from: kimcar on August 18, 2008, 05:57:11 PM
&apls &apls Great idea my friend this Simlympics  :thumbsup: I really like the torch relay and great animation too . Very good.  :thumbsup: Did you make the stadium ? Very well done. Can`t wait to see more  ;)

Hi Kimcar Im glad you liked the torch relay updates and no I didnt make that stadium at all... Its a lot I found on the STEX and that I have relotted for the park which I hope you liked this first update... ohh btw here [linkie] first part and here [linkie] second part

Quote from: Jmouse on August 18, 2008, 07:24:11 PM
Good work on the torch relay path, Pat! You chose an interesting route that shows off New Casita's many assets. Good job on the graphics, too, and the animations are always a treat.

All in all, a really good update, so I hope you'll keep them coming!
Joan

Hey Joan thank you so very much about the paths and graphics, I know they are cheesey lol.... I will be having a movie again soon too!!

Quote from: art128 on August 20, 2008, 03:10:10 AM
very nice animation  &apls

Thank you Arthur!!

Quote from: bat on August 20, 2008, 08:44:58 AM
Wonderful two animations there, Pat! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the next update.. ;)

Bat I hope I didnt keep you waiting to long  ;) thank you my friend...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

paroch

Hey Pat,

Nice job with the Theme Park there.  I particularly like the way you have used the go-kart track, not seen anyone include that in a park before.  And a big thanks for the links to those stages - I'll grab them later and then maybe we can chat about your re-lot plans.

Paul

Diggis

Thats a good looking park there, give Kim a challenge.  It's a great layout, although needs a crowd or two... just opened has it?  :D

Simpson

Hey Pat  :)
Your new update is very good lol, your park is looking very very good and so réalistic my friend  &apls
I love the first pic with the parking  :thumbsup:
I'm until forward to the next update my friend  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

threestooges

Pat,

Sorry I haven't been in much lately, things have been busy; but I see you've been busy too. The campground was good, but this torch relay is very well done. I have to wonder if it was a good idea to run the torch by an oil depot, but it seems things worked out well (aside from perhaps a dented fender). Good overview of New Castia. The amusement park is great and looks like a fine place to spend the day. I agree with Paul about the good use of the gokart track too. A good selection of rides (I love coasters, those things are amazing, but you always need a bit of a mix). Always good to see you around, and it's good to see your work too. Take it easy.
-Matt

Jmouse

Hey Pat, good job on the amusement park! I've always wanted to try creating one reminiscent of the one I used to see in Galveston as a kid. It's long since gone I guess, but the memories are still alive and well! I'll admit yours could use some Sims wandering around the arcade, but otherwise it's colorful, well-laid out and contains some interesting elements.

Later...
Joan

kimcar

Hello my friend . What a surprise . a tribute for me . I`m very honored and   :-X by your attention . Thank a lot. You just win free pass for life for all the Funtasia Park already exist and the ones to come  ;D Thanks also for those links. They will be very usefull. Great park too . It`s nice to see some challenge like Diggis said  :thumbsup: Take care , have fun and thank very much again. ;)

bat

That amusement park is looking really great, Pat! Wonderful work on that new area!! :thumbsup:

art128

the amusement park look very good  &apls
but the parking is for me little  ;)
can't wait a new update  ;)
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Well tis it be that time again for another update and this will be part # 2 of 4... I did pre plan these updates and eventualy I will get back to the park and get some action as since it does seem umm rather fresh opening for the day lol.... So time for some replies to part # 1

Quote from: paroch on August 22, 2008, 02:25:06 AM
Hey Pat,

Nice job with the Theme Park there.  I particularly like the way you have used the go-kart track, not seen anyone include that in a park before.  And a big thanks for the links to those stages - I'll grab them later and then maybe we can chat about your re-lot plans.

Paul

Hi Paul good to see you and thank you very much!!! I know Ive seen some great amusement parks made but so far no one has included the go-kart track which is even part of the MAPP... Im shocked though anyways thank you again and I look forward to working with you on the stage..

Quote from: Diggis on August 22, 2008, 09:28:31 AM
Thats a good looking park there, give Kim a challenge.  It's a great layout, although needs a crowd or two... just opened has it?  :D

Hey Shaun thanks!!! I do hope it does spur Kim to a bit more of a challange  :thumbsup: naw I had fun making this park and I do agree that I should have made some crowd lots but hey its my first one...  Ohhh yes btw it did just open up the bulk of the cars are the work force lol

Quote from: Simpson on August 22, 2008, 10:53:51 AM
Hey Pat  :)
Your new update is very good lol, your park is looking very very good and so réalistic my friend  &apls
I love the first pic with the parking  :thumbsup:
I'm until forward to the next update my friend  ;)

Hello Simpson my friend thank you so very much i tried my best on the park... I hope you will like the rest of the series of updates of East Meadow Hills Park to follow!!

Quote from: threestooges on August 22, 2008, 12:01:28 PM
Pat,

Sorry I haven't been in much lately, things have been busy; but I see you've been busy too. The campground was good, but this torch relay is very well done. I have to wonder if it was a good idea to run the torch by an oil depot, but it seems things worked out well (aside from perhaps a dented fender). Good overview of New Castia. The amusement park is great and looks like a fine place to spend the day. I agree with Paul about the good use of the gokart track too. A good selection of rides (I love coasters, those things are amazing, but you always need a bit of a mix). Always good to see you around, and it's good to see your work too. Take it easy.
-Matt

Matt me amigo its all good I understand that you have been a busy bee!!! I too have been a wee bit and just lately gotten bitten by the SC4 bug again lol... I will have more of the camp ground to come that was a teaser then then then my mind wander off into this other tangent lol... Danng ADHD as TK puts it simple as one, two, ooh tree look at the pretty tree heheehe... Ohh I know the Mayor wasnt happy when he found out about the truck hitting those crates, but hey that is what the Gecko is for right? I do hope you enjoy the rest of the Park as more is to come with some more coasters too!!!

Quote from: Jmouse on August 22, 2008, 01:59:29 PM
Hey Pat, good job on the amusement park! I've always wanted to try creating one reminiscent of the one I used to see in Galveston as a kid. It's long since gone I guess, but the memories are still alive and well! I'll admit yours could use some Sims wandering around the arcade, but otherwise it's colorful, well-laid out and contains some interesting elements.

Later...
Joan

Hey Joan I think you would do fantastic at making a wonderful amusement park and I for one would love to see it!!! You know even though the park may be gone from Galveston, I think you would do justice for it by placing it in SC4....  Thank you for your compliment about EMHP!!! Still three more updates err after this update 2 to go lol... Joan I hope to see you back for more though!!!

Quote from: kimcar on August 22, 2008, 02:29:18 PM
Hello my friend . What a surprise . a tribute for me . I`m very honored and   :-X by your attention . Thank a lot. You just win free pass for life for all the Funtasia Park already exist and the ones to come  ;D Thanks also for those links. They will be very usefull. Great park too . It`s nice to see some challenge like Diggis said  :thumbsup: Take care , have fun and thank very much again. ;)

Hey Kimcar!!! I know I gave you a heads up and IM glad you liked the first part...  I will be sure to my pass daily or at least every so often as I can and thank you for the wonderful gift!!!  I cant wait to see what you will do with the stage... I know I am not as good as you but I have learned alot from you in making a wonderful park!!! I hope you enjoy the other updates as much as this first one....

Quote from: bat on August 23, 2008, 06:39:50 AM
That amusement park is looking really great, Pat! Wonderful work on that new area!! :thumbsup:

Bat my friend thank you so much and I hope you will enjoy these next updates as well!!!

Quote from: art128 on August 23, 2008, 09:10:05 AM
the amusement park look very good  &apls
but the parking is for me little  ;)
can't wait a new update  ;)
Arthur

Hi Arthur thank you again for coming in for more of Waterfalls and that is just the first part of the park and I hope it seems a bit more bigger now....

So now with all the replies out of the way I willl like to direct your attention to the next update of Waterfalls East Meadow Hills Park so without further ado here we gooo!!!!!!!!!!!!