• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptCity

Quote from: Warrior on February 01, 2009, 07:33:15 AM
I found the missing Orth Texture(That's all the dat contains, only the orth texture)...

Thanks, Jonathan... :)  Now all is clear...(with the tracks and with me).

CaptCity

jpj_starfleet

David... Have you considered making a crossover track like the one in the lower left side of the pic below? a rail puzzle piece like that would look good with the double track with single side track pieces you made so it looks like a train can cross over to reach the single track, the crossover below is an overlay texture that only goes in one direction (that I can find) just a thought.   Thanks

---------------------------------

P.S. I have been to 49 States, all but Alaska!  ::)

Ryan B.

dedgren

We're digging around in the bowels of the NAM for hiding and forgotten rail textures, and fixing them as we go along.

Sometimes we get it right the first time.  And sometimes we don't...

But, sooner or later, it all comes together.

I think we've also got all the stray original textures into the DAT file now.  Thanks, folks, for helping find those.  An updated beta file is here [download linkie].  Make sure you look at the readme.  Please keep those cards and letters coming.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Hey David you know what comes to mind right now is that one jingle,

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont

http://www.youtube.com/v/_TA3c1YqCiI&hl=en&fs=1

Looking real sweet here david!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

niktest

It seems something's still not working properly:

I'm quite sure to have followed the readme to the letter: got previous versions, textures replaced, controller preserved. Am I missing something?

Keep up with the good work!  :thumbsup:
   Nicola

EDIT: double-checked by trying replacing the controller too. Got another one, and it's not a missing texture this time. Am I right?

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Jonathan

Nicola,
Is it before the NAM? If not make sure it loads after, else you'll get a few textures that don't look right :)
Also there are a few textures that haven't been remade yet.

Jonathan

niktest

Quote from: Warrior on February 02, 2009, 10:28:16 AM
Is it before the NAM?

Thanks for the tip Jonathan.  :-[ Everything's way better now!  ::)

After fixing the folder name, I spotted another couple of incomplete (?) textures: here they go.

Concerning the first two of them, wouldn't it be best if no double-crossing was going to be represented?
Plain switches would look way better in my opinion...   &Thk/(

Nicola

thundercrack83

Your diligence and attention to detail is just awe-inspiring, David!

Keep pushing those buttons and getting things done, my friend!

Dustin

Haljackey

David, I wanted to personally congratulate you on winning the "Most Valuable SC4 Member" Trixie over at Simtrop.  You have really come into your own during the past year and it shows, especially here in 3RR.  Without you, the SC4 community would not be the same. 

Anyways, I wish you the best with finishing these RAM additions and with everything else you're involved in.  Once again, congrats!  Well deserved indeed!
-Haljackey

Albus of Garaway

First of all, I need to say congratulations on the Trixie over at Simtropolis!

I have to apologize for my absence lately on 3RR, but I've been lurking, honestly! Your work on the rail texture upgrade is fantastic! However, I'm going to wait a while to download it, because I'm not 100% sure I need it in my plugins folder, but don't worry, I'll probably end up downloading, ha ha. How could I resist?

girlfromverona

Wonderful news about the Trixie award, David!! You truly deserve it.  :thumbsup:

metarvo

Really, the Trixie's no surprise at all, David.  With all that you've done over the past year, it's a surprise that you didn't win ten of them.  Congratulations, David.

&apls &apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

CaptCity

David,

First, and most important, I would like to offer my congratulations on the Trixie over at ST. It is very well deserved and shows just how many people appreciate your efforts to make the game better. So, again, hats off to ya! &apls

Now, on to the texture testing home front...

I haven't seen anything regarding the RR crossings yet, so I thought I would throw these up...

I know these may have not been gotten at yet, but they do seem to be the only two road crossings that exhibit the original textures. All other configurations show the new ones. Oh, game 'north' is toward the top-right of the images (in case that helps).

All crossings for avenues, one-ways, and underpasses for highways seem okay. I am assuming the street crossings haven't been done because they all show original shading (plus they weren't on the reference chart).

Hope this helps out...
CaptCity

jacqulina

congratulations my friend on your trixie,well deserved &apls &apls

io_bg

Congratulations on the trixie, David! You really deserve it! &apls
P.S all the people I have nominated have won at least one trixie award, and you were one of them!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Ryan B.

Congratulations on the Trixie, David!   &apls  I can't think of someone with more dedication to the community.

Well, maybe I can, but you're in an elite group, my friend.

LE0

congrats on  the trixie award &apls

And what about the seasonal trees that change by themselfs development?
Leoland coming Spring 2009

niktest

Congratulation for the award! &apls
You sure deserve it!  :thumbsup:

Nicola

Pat

Hey David congrats on your Trixie, that is soo awesome!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie