• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspecter

You know I wonder how the STR is coming?

Ryan B.

Quote from: inspecter on January 29, 2009, 02:43:13 PM

Very soon, I would imagine.  ;)

jmdude1

Quote from: inspecter on January 29, 2009, 02:43:13 PM

i believe it was mentioned on the previous page, the post with the str cross section. perhaps this weekend for the beta, so it should be a good weekend. superbowl and str.

CaptCity

OK... What am I doing wrong or not understanding here...  :(  (It must be me as no one has posted any problems.)

I've been using the new Dual Rail Upgrade Texture beta and have a couple issues (or maybe these aren't finished...?):

Anyone else having issues? I hope it's just me as this is a great addition to the game.

CaptCity

Swamper77

Regarding the 2-way wye junction, the NAM Team is still working with the RULs to remove the switches from the diagonal legs of the wye. Maxis had a lot of extra curves on their switches and David is removing those extra curves as they have been deemed unrealistic. This is a mod in progress, so it will take awhile for everything to get fixed.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

CaptCity

Ahhh...  Thanks for the response Swamper. I guess I didn't look at the Game Default Texture Reference chart David had posted closely enough. I thought the 'Y' was one of the ones that was completed.

Thanks,
CaptCity

shoreman905

I need to pitch a penny in the pot (with inflation make that a dollar). The hard work, dedication and scientific method of David and the entire corps of SC4D enthusiasts on a global level is reassuring to the most sceptical cinic.  &apls Much has been said about taking SC4 to a new level, I think however, that you have widened the use of the platform. Surely there must be individuals who just want the play the game as Maxis released it, and there are those who wish to model, to regionalize and to personalize the experience. There are most likely programmers, and developers of the original game who wanted all you have accomplished and dreamed of more, but were cut short by EA executives. So here is to those talented individuals, the multi-talented members of 3RR and SC4D and to those who encourage this experimentation  :thumbsup: I am a regular reader, user, and infrequent writer, but then, it is 2009, and I must comment at least once. Thanks all, I love this stuff.

Andreas

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on January 29, 2009, 01:16:13 PM
Amazing stuff lately David.  &apls Looking forward to that triple-track rail, and the next STR beta, and so on and so forth. Glad the new rail textures are out, but my same question with the diagonal upgrades still stands: Compatibility with the SFBT Rail Texture Mod. I guess I'll find out when I start my game though...  ;)

I made updated SFBT Rail Texture Mod textures of the rail crossings that were included in the NAM, but at RL has been very busy for me lately, so they are not quite ready yet. I'll see what I can do over the weekend or so.
Andreas

dedgren

Take me home...

...country roads.

More like, "Get me out of here, country roads."  We are all just sitting up here in south-central Alaska waiting for Redoubt Volcano [linkie]

to blow.  The volcano is about 130 miles southwest of where I live (Wasilla is way up in the top right-hand corner of the map).

They've been predicting an imminent eruption for about a week.  Last time Redoubt blew, the ash cloud almost caused a plane crash [linkie].  It was just before I arrived in Alaska- aviation was curtailed for weeks and there was significant concern about the overall threat posed to the surrounding area, which is where over half of Alaska's population resides [linkie].

Sheesh!

As for the dual track upgrade-

1 is a known issue and a fix will be out in the next day or two,  2 is of concern.  I tried for quite a while to duplicate the error- has anyone else had the above result occured while trying to drag an ortho-diagonal curve?  If so, please describe what happened in as much detail as you can, as there may be a rogue texture buried somewhere in the RUL codes.  Thanks in advance.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

metarvo

So, you have volcanoes there?  Oh, man.  About the closest thing I've ever went through to a volcanic eruption is a wildfire, and the fire wasn't even where I live.  I was out of town and the fire was located near the town that I was visiting, so I really did just let the country roads get me out of there.  Actually, they were more like RHW-2's.  I hope you stay safe up there, David.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

inspecter

Hmm I never knew Alaska had volcanoes

choco

wow david!   :o

sooooo.....does the beta include that thru-truss bridge on the last page?  ;)

inspecter

I can't wait for the STR beta to be released.

debutterfly

David...I'm having the diagonal to ortho draggable problem too. Basically it happens, regardless of the situation. First I tried
      //                  dragging an ortho into a diagonal rail and then deleting the bold to get a diagonal-ortho transition...problem
     //|         occured. Dragged from a diagonal stub both front and back of the stub...problem occured.  Tried drawing a
    //||         straight with a diagonal switch then deleting the straight part to get an ortho to diagonal transition...problem
   // ||       occured. Tried dragging from a straight stub a diagonal to create an ortho-diagonal transition...problem occured. David you may want to relook the textures you have with the ones you posted. it may be possible that fixed the problem after posting the beta.  ;) I got the ortho-diagonal transition to work on the inside with duel-duel rails (4 rails) 2 tiles ortho to duel-side-by-side rails diagonal. Hope this helps to clarify the problem.

Larry (debutterfly)

Edit- it seems to be the textures with zooms 1 and 2. (the two closest ones). You may be in zoom 3 david. also pieces revert back to the old textures for all zooms 3, 4, 5, 6.  i know its a beta.  ;) just tryin to help.

Edit- Here's a couple of more problems.

threestooges

Quote from: choco on January 30, 2009, 09:59:30 AM
wow david!   :o

sooooo.....does the beta include that thru-truss bridge on the last page?  ;)
So much work with bridges going on, especially on your part choco, it's amazing what the game has in there already. Believe it or not, that's actually a game bridge. It's a fine example of the open frame style with the sleepers (ties) laid right on the frame without ballast. I've always liked that little bridge.

Hope all is well up in Alaska for you all David, and that the mountain is still in one piece. In the meantime, the country road looks amazing. I may need ro revisit some of my rural areas to give them a but more of a setback now. That just looks like such a peaceful drive.
-Matt

sim-al2

Volcanos...  great. I'm not sure if those or earthquakes are worst. New Madrid Fault worse. They say the Mississippi ran backwards of three days... :o
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

dedgren

How many words is one pic worth?

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

An answer to davids question: lots3

another awesome picture...
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

inspecter

great double to triple track transition. I can't wait for the STR beta.

CaptCity

David... Concerning the ortho-diagonal new rail textures...

Here's a couple more instances of what appears to be the same issue:

Wanted to post in case it provides a clue.