• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fayrov's BATs

Started by fayrov, December 01, 2009, 02:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fayrov

Both BATs that I have finished and are currently working on.
<Fayrov Y>

fayrov

The ANZ building was the first building that I have made in 3DS Max and it is also the first I have released to the community.

I'm currently working on texturing the building better and night lighting as I have managed to fix the night lighting issue that I had with 3D Studio Max. 
<Fayrov Y>

thingfishs

Welcome fayrov  :thumbsup:
I am currently working on my first BAT so hopefully we will be able to help each other figure some of this stuff out. Pleased to hear you're continuing with this. With this, combined with joelyboy's upcoming banks, cities are going to keep getting more & more familiar.  :) Look forward to your progress,
thingfishs (ryan)

fayrov

I have managed to finish off a night version of the building as well as a better textured one.

<Fayrov Y>

dobdriver

Looks super fayrov,

I'll have to learn some of that stuff I think

Take it easy
dobdriver

joelyboy911

I'll start by saying that it looks great, and its already a great improvement over the original.  &apls

However, I think you possibly could have used a different texture for the night windows. I see you've opted for the approach of using night textures there, instead of night lights, which is fine, but I think if you use a different texture there instead, it would be so much better. You're using 3ds max, which should offer a big improvement over gmax modeled buildings, but I don't think you've taken full advantage of it. I think you should choose, or create, a night texture with a more bluish tint, and more activity. For instance, APTX modelling in Gmax replaced the original maxis night window texture with this more interesting set, which makes the windows a little more exciting at night than the beige, blue or green provided by Maxis.

Quote from: APTX

I also have a concern about the roof, the globe and the spire look great, and the roof junk is awesome as well. However, my concern lies with the night lighting, I don't know if the whole roof lights up all blue like that, but it looks a bit scary to me... maybe if just the globe lit up, instead of the roof around as well. I don't really know...

Now please, you mustn't take my criticisms too hard. I really love this building, and it looks amazing so far. In fact, I think the day view is nearly perfect now, with the new textures, though perhaps de-saturating all of them a little mightn't go amiss.

You are obviously a very promising BATter, and I think you have a very bright future in the SC4 community. I hope someone more experienced than me can come and offer some more detailed advice on the night stuff.

Keep it up!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

fayrov

I am now considering to start a new project, I have searched around SC4 websites and have not seen any models of the BNZ tower in Auckland so I have decided to gets some images and reference points together before I start. Those windows look like an interesting challenge with their weird distorted shapes.

<Fayrov Y>

joelyboy911

That BNZ does look really nice, but you shouldn't give up on the ANZ tower. I know you can finish it off perfectly.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

thingfishs

agreed, already a big improvement with the day textures. Even if it means coming back to it, don't give up on this one (so close)

Bastet69008

You might know it, but Scotty of former TG Team did lot of Aussie and NZ buildings, that remain incomplete. I tried to contact him but he seems not to be in BAT anymore, he never answered me.
It's really a pity not seeing these buildings in the game they are awesome! Take a look at these
(I'm not sure these are all AUS/NZ buildings)

Good luck with your project!