• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM / non CAM

Started by arcan, September 23, 2007, 05:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rushman5

True indeed, Flasimo.  If more people that want to take the time and experiment with the X-tool (like myself) should be able to get their hands on it - even if it is only in beta still.  This way more CAM results will come out faster, adn more bugs might be able to be worked out of the X-tool and it's development.

i.e: I's looove to re-edit many of the other HKABT buildings, as they would work well with the CAM, and bixel's collection was well worth sownloading all the prop packs.  But without the X-tool, the potential for pioneers and expansion of the CAM may never be reached.  PaulVMontford has many excellent un-CAMified BATs, which would look and act stunning in the developments of CAM cities.  Also, I could definently use the X-tool to help with my ongoing, but slow progress of a low-wealth ultra-super-duper-megapack collection.  Some of my lots are as big as 22x9, but I can't relese properly even for beta-testing until I can use the X-tool to my content, and these are lots I wouldn't feel comfortable releasing under anything less than stage 9 here.

Second, this will increase the popularity of the CAM acrosse the board, and may even seep into ST more than it has (which might actuallly not be a good thing - n00bs cloggin the forums, so NVM about that)  ;)

IN any event, the CAM should stay fairly exclusive, but it should also be open to more that fifteen [magnificent] players here at SC4devotion.

Copyright SEANADKINS_writingmaster.inc  all rights reserved 2007. "$Deal"$

M4346

Quote from: Indisguise on September 24, 2007, 03:07:57 PM
good idea about a CAM request thread, but at this stage, I think the lotter and modders have a little bit too much on their plate ATM, though in the future, I could see this happening, Talk to Barbyw about some sort of time line when that sort of thread would be need , and be helpful... :thumbsup:

Quote from: M4346 on September 24, 2007, 08:34:02 AM
Alternatively, if time and my other responsibilities permit, I can start a waiting list for BATs that people want CAMified.

I know I might not be good, but I can at least offer. :P

I cannot answer your posts Filasimo or Rushman as I cannot speak on behalf of Wou re: the X-Tool, but I do know that, as Jeronij said elsewhere, it is far from complete or perfect, yet. It would be unfair and detrimental to the community to release it en masse, even in BETA.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

RippleJet

Regarding the "X" Tool:

It consists of two parts, the Extended Plugin Manager (PIM-X) and the BSC LotEditor.
At the moment, only the PIM-X is functional, albeit not even close to ready.
The development of the LE part has only just started (in June), and at the moment you can only make a basic lot with it.
No editing or tweaking of lots is available yet.

The PIM-X part is in beta version 35 at the moment, but still far from ready.
Especially the properties relating to making civic buildings are still being formulated...

If and when Wouanagaine returns (please!) the first priority would be to get the PIM-X ready, and release a first public beta after that.
At the moment we cannot release it as it is. That would only lead to more problems with buildings having wacky stats.

Those who currently have access to the tool are aware of this and are mainly producing growable buildings.
If you want to make a CAMeLot today, please just send the SC4model file either to me or Barby and we'll return a basic lot with a properly modded building exemplar included.
For a normal growable building or a functional landmark that's a very simple process and won't take us too long to make.

I am not saying nobody else will get access to the "X" Tool at the moment, but the first step for those interested would be to open up a candidacy for the LEX.

Filasimo

@ rushman what I was implementing was that I was offering to help the team convert buildings to CAM not asking for the program...big difference there guy. there is a difference between asking for the program and offering your help to the team....sorry if i sounded like i wanted the program like everyone else M and RippleJet was offering my services  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Serkanner

Quote from: RippleJet on September 24, 2007, 11:46:56 PM

Those who currently have access to the tool are aware of this and are mainly producing growable buildings.
If you want to make a CAMeLot today, please just send the SC4model file either to me or Barby and we'll return a basic lot with a properly modded building exemplar included.
For a normal growable building or a functional landmark that's a very simple process and won't take us too long to make.

I am not saying nobody else will get access to the "X" Tool at the moment, but the first step for those interested would be to open up a candidacy for the LEX.

You could also send it to me to keep Ripplejet and BarbyW free to  do more complex stuff and I will make sure you get a CAMpatible lot file asap.

rushman5

I see what you all are saying now.
Quote from: RippleJet on September 24, 2007, 11:46:56 PM
Regarding the "X" Tool:

I also appreciate you replying ripplejet.  So if lot makers create lots to be CAMified, you'd do it in a short amount of time?

RippleJet

Quote from: rushman5 on September 25, 2007, 03:23:51 PM
I see what you all are saying now.
I also appreciate you replying ripplejet.  So if lot makers create lots to be CAMified, you'd do it in a short amount of time?

Yes. If you send me the model, you'd get a CAMeLot back in less than 5 minutes ;)

rushman5

insta-reply eh?

Ok, what if I am using not my own model, but the Bransfield house, for example, the was done by 674586. . . something like that at ST.  If i have created a mega-lot with that building, and send you the lot, desc, and model files, it would be just that easy?

RippleJet

arcan

Ok I'm almost done downloading and installing all the CAM files to modify the bats. I just have the habitations left and then erasing all the plugins that are not cam...
Is there a thread explaining hot to CAM-ify a lot ? (what to change, which tool to use, how to know which stage the building is in CAM,...) ? I'd like maybe to try it on one or two I want to keep.

RippleJet

The formulas for calculating the most important property, the capacity of RCI buildings can be found here:
"X" Tool: Capacity Calculations and Floorage

The Stage Limits for both CAMeLots and normal lots can be found here:
CAM - Stage Limits and Stage CAP's

When you've calculated and changed the Growth Stage of your lot, you should add the appropriate CAM Occupant Groups:
CAMeLot Counter and Occupant Groups