• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM 2.1 farm file question

Started by owlsinger, March 04, 2019, 06:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlsinger

Hey all,

I am finishing a complete revamp on my plugin file (had good chuckles a few times when the LEX told me I had downloaded files 11 years ago  ::) ), including switching from cam 1.0 to cam 2.1. I only have one question - I chose the skyscraper playstyle, and the a__core folder had that correctly along with the main controller file. However, in my read through, Invisichem says that I also need to have the rural farm demand override file, which the installer didn't create. It's in the archive, so I can just copy it over, but I'm not absolutely sure I need it, if the installer didn't create it?

I do usually start my regions with cam farming before moving into the skyscraper cities. I did see in the manual that farms are counted in the dirty industry numbers. Just wondering exactly what this particular file does.
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

matias93

It stops the farms from getting dilapidated easily by the effects of air pollution, so relatively congested rural routes won't kill your farms.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

owlsinger

Thanks for the quick answer! I'll copy that file over, I will definitely need that.
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

jeffryfisher

Quote from: matias93 on March 04, 2019, 06:58:31 PM
It stops the farms from getting dilapidated easily by the effects of air pollution, so relatively congested rural routes won't kill your farms.
Nice... Does it do that in one neat exemplar, or does it have to override each individual farm lot? (Wondering if custom farm content is covered or needing edits to keep up).
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)