• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No medium wealth residential

Started by darkerbeats, October 23, 2008, 06:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkerbeats

For some reason my residential houses jump from low wealth directly to hight wealth, no medium.

Help???

Ben :'(

sim-al2

Upgrading will depend on demand. If there lots of high wealth demand and little medium wealth demand, high wealth will take over. Maybe you should try raising taxes and improve you neighborhoods with medium wealth commercial and industry. If you have any other questions just ask.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

darkerbeats

Thanks I was really being  :thumbsdown:. There was actually no medium wealth demand  :D hence, (no medium wealth houses) :o

BTW: Is there any way to change the length of the day\night cycle. I was wanting to make them longer.

Thanks

marsh

if you dont want a certain $$$ change taxes, for example i hate rich(mansions always look out of place) so i set it up like this
for res & com
$ 8.00
$$ 7.00
$$$ 20.00

RippleJet

Quote from: darkerbeats on October 24, 2008, 07:02:13 PM
BTW: Is there any way to change the length of the day\night cycle. I was wanting to make them longer.

Try Gizmo's Night and Day Mod :thumbsup:
It not only prolongs the nights, it also makes them darker.

sim-al2

RJ also made a time cycle changer for use with the above mod ti increase the amount of time the light are on at night. It should be on the LEX.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

darkerbeats

Is there a way to change the game speed other than the default settings?
(wanted buildings to be built slower [realistic])

RippleJet

Quote from: darkerbeats on October 25, 2008, 10:50:09 AM
Is there a way to change the game speed other than the default settings?
(wanted buildings to be built slower [realistic])

Ok, I think I misunderstood your previous question... ::)

It is possible to change both the day/night cycle and the simulator speed. :thumbsup:
Both are set in the Main Simulator, which is the exemplar included in the Longer Nights mod I made.

The day/night cycle is set through the property 24 Hour Clock speed (time magnification).
It is by default set to 135, meaning there are 135 day/night cycles in the game during the RL 24 hour cycle.
By changing that to e.g. 24, one complete day/night cycle in game would take 1 hour instead of 10 minutes.

The speed by which everything else happens (e.g. growth of buildings) is set by the property Simulator Speeds.
This sets the milliseconds (RL) per day in the game, and are separate for the three different game speeds (turtle, rhino and cheetah):

• Turtle:    2.00 sec per day
  • Rhino:     1.00 sec per day
  • Cheetah: 0.05 sec per day

Since a mod that would set any of these would be incompatible with the Longer Nights mod, I would rather make some options to that one.
How would you want the day/night cycle and turtle speed to be set?

darkerbeats

I would probably go with halving the simulation speed and doubling or tripling the day/night cycle setting.

RippleJet

Quote from: darkerbeats on October 25, 2008, 11:55:01 AM
I would probably go with halving the simulation speed and doubling or tripling the day/night cycle setting.

Ok, here we go! :)

Enclosed is a mod that changes:

• Turtle Speed to 4 seconds per day
  • Day/night cycle length to 30 minutes

The nights are also longer (meaning the lights stay lit till 7 am).
The time of the sunrise won't change though. For that you'd need Gizmo's mod. ;)

darkerbeats

Ok... I installed the mod (/plugins)... and still no change..  tried z_... but no change...I actually have gizmo's mod installed, do you reckon that might be making it not work?

RippleJet

Quote from: darkerbeats on October 25, 2008, 12:42:26 PM
Ok... I installed the mod (/plugins)... and still no change..  tried z_... but no change...I actually have gizmo's mod installed, do you reckon that might be making it not work?

Gizmo's mod shouldn't interfere at all.
RJ - Longer Nights Lights and Slower Game alpha1.dat has to be loaded after Gizmo's Day-Night Mod v2.0.dat

I just tested it myself, with a stop watch in my hand... ::)
It takes four seconds for the day to change and over a minute for the clock to move one hour, so it seems to be working...

Did you place the unzipped file, RJ - Longer Nights Lights and Slower Game alpha1.dat, in your plugins folder?

Have you installed my Longer Night Lights as well?
If you have, make sure to remove it so that it isn't loaded after this one.

darkerbeats

ok...[edit].... ::) it does work &apls was watching it turn dark, just to make sure...
I put it and gizmos in the same folder in plugins, and put z_ before it just to be sure...

Thanks ()stsfd()

RippleJet

Excellent! :thumbsup:
And sorry, I also made a mistake in my previous post... ::)

Since Gizmo included my Longer Night Lights in his mod, this new one has to be loaded after Gizmo's mod to take effect ;)