• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Rail

Started by vester, June 09, 2010, 04:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Arne, I thought I posted this last night, but found it saved on the desktop this morning. That's what I get for trying to post in my sleep!

Your workmanship is superb as always. I never cease to be amazed at the masterful architecture, though. We would never see a unique structure like that here - everything is built cheap and fast.

I hope this one will be available soon.

Swordmaster

Yup! Classic signalbox design here in Europe. Very nice, sir, I'm eagerly awaiting.  :thumbsup:

Lior

Wonderful BAT, it looks very real and you put some nice textures on it.

vester

I guess this is a good thread to post this in:

Revisiting the Lindevang Station, orignal released as a EL-station, now as a GLR-station.

Remodeled the station over and added some new details which wasn't in the original EL-station:

Still need to model the glas roof. Well I am hoping the glass roof from the EL-station could be reused.

Girafe

Models looks really good,

I am just asking if the length of the plateform is not a little bit small for hosting 4 or 5 GLR carriages
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

What would be a good lenght ?
5-6-7 tiles ?

A XL-version of the station:

The platform is now 58 meters, not included the area in the end with the screens on. Could get 2-4 meters extra there.

Girafe

Last one is perfect  :thumbsup:

Even if the plateform is longer than the GLR it's not a problem but controversely it's really odd  ()stsfd()
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Time for doing lods:

art128

Splendid, what can I say more?  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Great GLR station!  &apls I agree with Giraffe on the length.

krbe

I can only agree; it looks really good. Lindevang is without a doubt my favourite metro station.As for length of the platform, both the Copenhagen Metro and the Dublin Luas use 40 metres long trains; using the Luas Citadis stock as a measure, it seems that most trams are between 30 and 43 metres. The Wiki article on the Combino mentions Budapest's 54 metres long trams as a "world record".

vester

Started working on a new station:

The old Hareskoven Station (torn down).

Still a lot of small details to add.

metasmurf

Mycket fina stationer :)

Good looking stations :)

vester

Takker, megasmølf ;)
TY, metasmurf.

Time to do some lods:

vester

Here is the night lights:

art128

Looks great!

Though, i'm not quite sure about the lighting of the sign. I mean, are you sure it can make the lights go behind it and thus make the shadow of the wall behind ?

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Maybe its a bit to strong. The light does't come from in-side the sign. That is just a plate of painted wood with a lamp above.

Better ?

art128

Yes! Definitely better!

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Here is another station, next one out the rail line:

Værløse Station.

Also done a platform for Hareskoven Station:

art128

Props & Texture Catalog