• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Power Inc.

Started by vester, September 29, 2011, 04:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Thank you Robin and metarvo.

The small powerplant is done and exported.  ()stsfd()

Added some light to the chimneys after noticed the light from the city on the chimneys on the RL powerplant:

Still some roof junks to add, mainly on the lower roofs.

metarvo: The goal was to do a small powerplant that could fit on a 2x4 lot or maybe even 2x3.

rooker1

That is a thing of beauty!!
&apls &apls &apls
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

vester

Started working on another power plant:

Hudson & Manhattan Railroad Powerhouse.

So far its 48,2 x 62,5 m. Might cut out a few sections at the back.

marsh

Beautiful work. Sim city needs some new power plants. :)

The brick facade and white towers remind me of certain plant in London.   ::)

wallasey

@ Marsh: I recall a few years ago there was a Battersea Power Station project over on Simtropolis, but I forget how this progressed. We are talking 2004/5 here.

Wallasey, it is fine to answer someone's question, but please keep in mind you're in someone else's thread. Don't you think it would have been polite to comment on vester's work while you were here?

-Joan (Jmouse), SC4D Administrator

vester

Do agree with jmouse. You could at least said, great wrok.

That was Marrast that worked on the Battersea.

I would say it was 2005/2006, as I registered at ST in 2005 and I have seen him working it.

vester

baconrocky

Houstonkid

You know, I'm from Jersey City, NJ (the city where that powerhouse is located) and its looks amazing and realistic! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

vester

rooker1

Another Master Piece my friend.  You have me very excited with these recent BATs of yours.
Awesome work.  I hope you don't slow down any time soon!!

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Girafe

Bricks texture looks really nice. Progress on this BAT seems to be good.  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Looks great so far! I'll certainly use it!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Thank for you all for yours comments.

Finish working on the north facade. Changed the south facade a little at the top.
Added an "edge" to the roof, worked with base of the walls and changed some textures.

Still not sure about the east facade.
Don't have any good pictures of the base of the east and north facade.

The size is now 51.6 x 71.7 m.

rooker1

Top notch quality Arne!!
I can't wait to try these out in game.
I'm really glad that you added that roof edge. 

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

cogeo

Superb work Arne!!!  &apls

All three power plants are gorgeous!

The small one is as good as its bigger cousin, and I'm sure it will prove very useful to players building small cities (and don't want to plop a bunch of wind turbines).

I have a modding suggestion, pls don't make outputs equal to the ingame one, instead make them quite different (and of course modify the other stats & costs accordingly), so that players have alternatives. Btw such a modding decision would be vastly useful to lots like police stations, which don't respond well to funding adjustment (you basically have to set funding to 100% - default). Eg it would be nice to have a police station with a coverage radius larger than the ingame deluxe station, another one between the large and the small one, and an additional with a radius smaller than that of the small, but larger than the kiosk.

Silur

vester

rooker1, cogeo and silur: Thank you for your comments.

Quote from: cogeo on October 21, 2011, 02:41:02 PM
I have a modding suggestion, pls don't make outputs equal to the ingame one, instead make them quite different (and of course modify the other stats & costs accordingly), so that players have alternatives. Btw such a modding decision would be vastly useful to lots like police stations, which don't respond well to funding adjustment (you basically have to set funding to 100% - default). Eg it would be nice to have a police station with a coverage radius larger than the ingame deluxe station, another one between the large and the small one, and an additional with a radius smaller than that of the small, but larger than the kiosk.

Will take that into account when I get to that part.

Haven't been working the Hudson & Manhattan Railroad Powerhouse, but have been finishing of some old bats.
One of them is the Swan Mill Powerplant, which now is ready to export:

Click for a larger version.

Click for a larger version.

rooker1

There is a saying...."Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
I say, I don't care who you are, this thing is a beauty for sure!!

&apls &apls &apls

Is this building about 4x6?  I hope it's big. ;)
Great work my friend, great work.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

vester

Quote from: rooker1 on October 25, 2011, 04:23:46 PM
Is this building about 4x6?  I hope it's big. ;)

Your wish is granted:
Quote from: vester on October 03, 2011, 02:46:16 PM
Not sure about the lot, the lods will be 83.1 x 180,8 m.
That is 5.2 x 11.3 tiles.

Might have to scale it down a little ?!? What do you think ?