• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Have started to work on a few train mods:

First I have start updating some of APTX train mods:

The first four is update versions of APTX train mods.
The last one is a reworked models of APTX models and the skin is my work.

The mods is made up two files:
1: Engine and car (without a pantograph)
2: An extra additional car with a pantograph, optional.

Have also had a look at one of Kenworths model: BR143 / DR243:

I have few more on the way.

DAB_City

Nice! I'll probably be downloading these  :D
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

vester

TY, DAB_City.

Part of what I have been updating, is adding night light and
and made mods for both EL and passegner rails.

Have turned down the saturation of the blue roof.

banditp61

Is it possible to see what the RTD light-rail trains would look like?

vester

maybe if I knew what RTD was ?

toxicpiano

I seem to recall seeing you did a really great London Overground (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_overground) livery for the GLR. Would it be possible to do one for heavy rail?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

joelyboy911

Hi Vester - this is a little off topic (I really like these new trains, by the way), but I thought this was the best place to share. I was doing a little train modding myself, and managed to learn something from one of your trams that I downloaded.

I made these:

Using Rivit's NSW Train set, and a piece from your tram set (that I modified slightly), in order to produce the articulated look of the joins between the carriages. I don't know if that's realistic for the exact train I modded, but in many cases it is possible to walk the length of the train (perhaps not so much on commuter rail). This may be worth doing for some other mods (the TGV mods for HSRP and Heavy Rail spring to mind also).

I guess what I really want to say is thanks for showing me how to do it! I learned how to insert the extra model by looking at your work.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

vester

Thank you, but due credit should go to Vil, another BSC member.

It do looks good with that articulated section.

vester

Done another Train from the Greater Tokyo.

The Toei Subway togther makes up the Tokyo subway.

Here is a images of the lines in the Tokyo Subway:

Noticed all the narrow lines. That is also railways.

vester

Here is another couple of trains from the Greater Tokyo area, this time from the private company Keiyu:

The blue train is a bit different from the RL one. It has the blue color, but has blue side panels and blue and white front.
Thought that was a bit boring, so I used paint scheme from the red one.

For the first time I used a program called TextureRipper for the front. It came to good use.
PS: You will need to install Adobe Air, which btw is free.

art128

These are some absolutely great train skins, Arne! I think i'll change mine to one of yours!

Arne, I know it's not one of Greater Tokyo train lines, but would it be possible to make a skin for Tōhoku Main Line ? wikipedia link

More precisely this one:

Sorry for polluting your thread, but I had no idea where to put this... ^_^
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Terring7

Beautiful trains, keep it up :thumbsup:. It's very interesting to have the same train in different rail systems, especially if you connect those systems :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

vester

TY both for your comments.

Quote from: art128 on January 24, 2012, 10:53:24 AM
Arne, I know it's not one of Greater Tokyo train lines, but would it be possible to make a skin for Tōhoku Main Line ? wikipedia link

Its more or less coincidence that it has been trains from Greater Tokyo area.
Did think that the Y500 wasn't one, but reading a little more....

I might do it, no promises.

Thinking of doing the London Overground. The underground has been done before.
Also the modernized Prague Metro trains: 81-71M.

vester

Stumble over this picture:

Someone played around with colors, but...

Not a lot of green trains out in the real world, here goes:

banditp61

Quote from: vester on January 20, 2012, 01:18:43 PM
maybe if I knew what RTD was ?

I'm sorry I didn't explain it. RTD (Regional Transportation District), it's the transportation department for Denver. Most of their light rail cars have adds on them.

I.e.

http://www.inside-lane.com/2010/03/03/rtd-first-exterior-ad-on-light-rail-train-is-part-of-3-3-million-ad-revenue-guarantee/

art128

That last skin looks great Arne! ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

banditp61: Sorry, at the moment I do not feel like do more of the white American streetcar/lightrail trains.
Did two already: Calgary and Pittsburgh
PS: Noticed link to patch/fix.

If you are up to it, you could change the texture yourself.
Here is a tutorial on Automata Modding
Read the sections: Program and Replacing the model and textures.

TY Arthur: Found a few trains very similar to the ones you posted, on a google search for Senzan Line

art128

Actually, this line pass not far away from the  Tōhoku Main Line! And yeap, very similar indeed. :)

Oh and, you must see this, it's a very  interesting webcam in Aizu Wakamatsu train station, in Fukushima here

Edit, it seems off right now though..

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Hope you don't mind I'll ask here, since this seems to be the most active thread, but how do you actually create skins for automata? I want another ferry you see and I've already replaced the 3ds model. Only thing left to do is create a fsh texture but how?  ()what()

To be clear, I'm not asking how to replace a skin, the point is I don't have anything yet to replace it with. In other words, I want to know how to create a texture that contains all the views (front/back/side) from the original 3d ferrymodel.

Hope you can give me some pointers, there seems be relative little information on this subject.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Kind of ignored as we have pretty good area for it: MODding Automata Tutorials

Still not sure what you are asking.
Maybe you could use LithUnwrap to do a base UV-map.

The original ferry is made up of a lot of small textures, so you will have to extract each texture.
Extract the texture from the FSH into PNG.

Then copy all the texture into one file.
After you have place all the textures into one texture, you can use LithUnwrap to move the UV-mapping around to fit the new positions of the sub texture.
(LithUnwrap don't read PNG so you will need to save a copy of it as jpg)