• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Roskilde Cathedral

Started by vester, March 30, 2008, 03:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

Hi Arne,

It's hard to say anything other than - WOW.

This really is an amazing piece of work.  The brick texture you've got there is divine.  And the level of detail on that last zoom in pic is stunning.

This is one I cannot wait to see in-game. 

Now, will there be somewhere to park the tram  ;) $%Grinno$% ;)

Great work,

Paul

vester

Thank you, Paul.

Here is a little update:

Done with the walls on the towers. Still need to get the roofs and foundation in place, but that will have to wait for later.
Need to add some details on the crowns (the top of the walls, just below the roofs.)

EDIT: Just looked up the word. It's not crowns but battlements. Kroner is translated to crowns as well, but not in this connection.

kimcar

&apls &apls Great progress on your work Vester . Can`t wait for the final result . :thumbsup:

vester

Thanks kimcar.

A restoration work is going on, so the back side of the cathedral is closed off until some in the autumn :(
I will try to get as long as I can with the rest. Then do the last chapel when the open the area again. The last chapel really have some details going on:

BTW: There is a lot of "small" differences between the two towers.
Can you spot some of them ?

paroch

Hi Arne,

Great work there - I'm sure that only took you 5 or 10 minutes  ;)

I think I spot some of the differences on the towers.  Some of the windows are slightly different sizes, including the circle ones at the top.  And some of the bits that jut out have one "triangle" on top anf others have two.  (You can tell from my detailed architectural terms that I am an expert!)

If there is an advance list of testers for this amazing creation, put me on it!!

All the best

Paul

Diggis

Can't wait to see you tackle that last chappel.  :D It's absolutly beautiful.

The rest of the cathedral is coming along nicely.  &apls

krbe

I took the trip yesterday, (my Unesco Heritage Site day $%Grinno$%) and boy is this beautiful. A little cleaner than the original, but still. :P

threeswept

Oops...excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor! The brick detail is pretty incredible...love it!

vester

Thanks for the all comments. They are appreciated.

Started working on the Magi Chapel on south side of the church.

paroch

It is great to watch this beauty develop here Arne.  Magi Chapel is looking sweet.

Good luck with the next phase - and please keep the pics coming, I am enjoying follwing this. :thumbsup:

Paul

vester

Here is an update just for you Paul:

The roof texture is still not the final, just a test one. It's either going to be replaced or reworked.

paroch

Nice one Arne.  The small bit next to the Magi, I wonder what it is.....the vestry maybe???

I assume the roof texture will be a bit more green, like a lead roof?

And I'm looking forward to see the domed roof to the right of the Magi take on its texture. :thumbsup:

vester

Quote from: paroch on June 09, 2008, 02:19:07 PM
The small bit next to the Magi, I wonder what it is.....the vestry maybe???
Nahh, its a porch.

I assume the roof texture will be a bit more green, like a lead roof?
Green like lead ? Copper is green, lead is green. This is zinc roofs. Its not going to be green.
Not sure lead has been used as roofing. More for fittings around the edges.

And I'm looking forward to see the domed roof to the right of the Magi take on its texture. :thumbsup:
Ahh the Chapel of Frederik V. So am I :P

Diggis

This is turning into a stunning building, and taking a lot less time for you to do than the 800 years it originally has taken (so far  :D)

The roof is a little bright though, maybe some good ole industrial revolution grime will help.

vester

Have been working a little on a new texture for the roof:

It's cut out of picture of another church here in Roskilde, the church of Our Lady.

kimcar

I prefer from far this new texture. Great choice &apls &apls Just a question, what`s happenning with your little boat , is this project is on side for the moment or what ? Thanks for youjr answer and your work  :thumbsup:

paroch

Hi Arne,

I agree with Kim, new texture looks better  :thumbsup:

Good luck with the next phase.

Paul

flame1396

The skill showcased in this bat is undeniable. Wow.  &apls
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Earth quake

Wow, Fantastic

Excellent work and there texture, I love.
This Cathedral is realy wonderfull.

vester

Thanks you both for your comments.

Got back batting:

I got started on the Christian IV's chapel: