• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Copenhagen Pictures

Started by vester, August 21, 2009, 01:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Thanks , Arne , to share with us these beautiful pictures of Copenhagen .  :thumbsup:

I use almost daily (and overuse ) Google's pictures to satisfy  my curiosity ( our time is living a true silent revolution  ;D ) , but I would like to see more threads like that at Devotion  from all these places I'll surely never visit myself . They teach me more surely admiration and esteem for the world & human kind than TV , at least there's nobody here to tell me what I have to think about before to quickly skip to something else .  :D

Beautiful european ( historical & modern ) city . Hope to see more pictures ( and more BATs  ;D) from Copenhagen ... :P

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

vester

Quote from: Jmouse on December 27, 2010, 05:53:50 PM
That night shot is absolutely breathtaking, Vester! Wish we had that building on the LEX **hint, hint** And don't forget to put the Christmas lights on it. ;)

Christmas light ? Ahh the star. Well most of the light is the all year round. Here is a summer shot:

Thanks Badsim. Sure more pictures are on the way.

vester

Went through the gate today. Here is a few from inside Tivoli.

Jmouse

I'm running out of adjectives, Arne. I've never seen anything like this latest batch, and I could sit staring at the monitor for hours. My daughter's new husband to be wants to live in Denmark. I can see why!

Is the last one an amusement park?

vester

All those pictures was taken inside Tivoli.
In the last picture, to the left of the chinese tower, you see a roller coaster making loop or two.

vester

Even here in winter time with snow and ice on the lakes, finds the bike the easiest way to got around.
Here we are back at Dronning Louise's Bro / Queen Louise's Bridge:

Even for gettinc the tree home:

These pictures are not mine, but from the blog: copenhagenize.com

jmyers2043

I like these pictures very much, Arne. I got a good chuckle from the thought of riding a bike in the snow. How hard is that I wonder?
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

vester

Well within the city, the bike lanes are cleared quite well. Still they can't be everywhere, so...

People tend to go slower when it snows, making it hard to stear.

It harder than on a clear road. I kind of like it.

Sciurus

Well, very nice pictures again! :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

vester

I stumble on these pictures in a photostream.

At the moment the preparation works for new Copenhagen Metro Cityring is going on all over the city.

So what do you do when you have to build a station where the allready is a building.
Well you move the building to the side for the time. That is what is going on in a corner of the legendry Cemetery: Assistens Kirkegård
(That history we can take another day with some pictures of my own)

Work well done. There the house will stand the next 4-5 years until the station is done.
Then the building will be placed back in it old place.

Getron

miraculous, but why do they want to keep this house? Why not simple breaking it down?  ()what()

vester

It a protected building so it is not allowed.

Here is a picture of it from the other side.

A little youtube of the move.

Andreas

Ah, that makes more sense now. From the other side, it looked like a random building, not really worth to protect. ;) Quite expensive "garage", that is...
Andreas

vester

Some of you maybe remember this building:

I was inside it today. Here is a few pictures from the 2nd and 3rd floors. Pictures from the ground floor maybe another time.

Time to take the stairs:

a view across the entrance hall

a few views from the Royal Lounge

what details the added to the columns

now we go one floor up to the arch

My favourite picture of today.

just a wonderful light

Time to take the stairs down:

Here is a model of the roof construction from the renovation after the fire in may 92:

Jmouse

Thanks, Arne. Wow, that staircase is awesome, and so is the rest of the church. And of course, the workmanship on the columns and upper walls is classic European (as opposed to what can be seen - or not be seen - on my side of the pond &mmm ). I always enjoy seeing your photos. Not only do you have gorgeous buildings and scenery where you are, you have an eye for dramatic angles.

And that dome frame is a fascinating study of the underlying architecture in its own right.

-Joan

vester

Thank you Joan. Glad you like the picture.
There is one way of get a dome like that on the other side of the pond:

One of my first bats.

Was visiting some friends who has moved to some new buildings.
Just had to take a picture of the stairs (again :P)

Here is a "self portrait" from 2 month ago.

More picture of the last "building" later on, as well as the the one with the stairs.

Been busy lately. Work way to many hours.

teddyrised

I travelled to Copenhagen recently, too. I didn't take too many close up shots of the buildings though - here are some of the photos from the CPH trip:

Christianborg Palace

View of smokestacks from a bridge in Freetown Christiania

The shopping street

Københavns Hovedbanegård (Copenhagen central station)

Jmouse

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, Arne. I was called away unexpectedly and, of course, returned to a mountain of work to catch up on.

I continue to admire your eye for dramatic photography. I especially like the last one. The horizontal shadows compliment the wood slats, and the shadow's interaction against the vertical slats adds yet another dimension.

As far as the extra hours at work, just tell the boss there's an American lady who keeps nagging you for more photos. And she can get pretty mean if she doesn't get her way! :D

Looks like you've grabbed some nice shots around the lovely City of Copenhagen, too, teddyrised. I especially like the first one. Somehow the near-monochromatic color scheme adds a patina of classic elegance and gentle antiquity. Great shot.

-Joan

[/font

vester

teddyrised: Some very nice pictures.

Quote from: Jmouse on April 08, 2011, 04:36:33 PM
I continue to admire your eye for dramatic photography. I especially like the last one. The horizontal shadows compliment the wood slats, and the shadow's interaction against the vertical slats adds yet another dimension.

Thank you. That last picture was take 2 months ago, where the days where still short and cold like ...

It was a bright and beautiful day I had gone for bike riding.

Some people enjoy the sun. A bit cold maybe !?!

Kastrup Søbad - Sea Bath
In the back you can see the Copenhagen Airport.

Next time I will show some more pictures from the same day, just 1-2 km north of this bath.

vester

Spring has come. Been out riding my bike.

Here is a sunset from Christiania:

Some might recognize the church spire from earlier.