• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The_Hutt's Sacramento - a Recreation

Started by The_Hutt, November 22, 2007, 09:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hutt

Hello, folks. I'm embarking upon a quest to recreate of my hometown of Sacramento. Most likely, it will become a long-term project that will play out over the course of several years. Anyhow, I would feel like cheating if I didn't attempt to recreate some notable Sacramento landmarks. Of course, given that I am a newbie to the BAT scene, I don't expect much at first.

Here's my first attempt at a building - Wells Fargo Center. Standing 129 meters above Capitol Mall, it is the tallest building in Sacramento.

Here is my progress thus far:

I'll update this post periodically with my progress. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

kwakelaar

Welcome to the bat forum the Hutt.

If you are new to the bat, starting with such a big building is very ambitious. I would recommend you to try out some smaller buildings first. There must be some of those also in Sacramento.
I have seen a bit too many times someone new to the bat starting out with something big, and then it is never finished and the creator stops with the bat. I always find that such a pity.
See if you can find some interesting piece of architecture so you can try out some different techniques for modeling and texturing, and a big skyscraper will seem a lot easier afterwards.

Still best of luck with your project and I hope to see some more updates from you. :thumbsup:

Godzillaman

Tallest building in Sacramento? Seems kinda small :P

Good luck with it. ;)
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

The_Hutt

Just a little update on Wells Fargo Center, haven't had much time to work on it until the break today.

The real cigar

Front View

Side View

Diagonal View

I'm going to start on windows now, plus I need to figure out how to do the helipad on the top (between the two arcs).

- The_Hutt

TopCliff

Looking nice dude. What's next, Lot A or maybe Rennaissance Tower? Keep it going dude. Later.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.