• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bridges--i need help

Started by Neofita, April 21, 2010, 12:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neofita

I installed a new NAM and installed STR,HSR,SAM version 3,El-Rail Facelift Mod by MIncroabl
then installed El-Rail Bridge Pack by choco,Concrete Street Bridge by choco,HSR Bridge Pack by choco
Monorail Bridges by choco,Howe Truss Rail Bridge by Threestooges,Plate Girder Rail Bridge by Threestooges,
Wooden Trestle Bridge by Threestooges and I have a problem
No bridge is not visible and I still use Maxis bridge.
Fury is a mild term of my condition now.
For better understanding of the attached photo of my folder NAM
Pls help me. :)

choco

i suspect you have one of fukuda's bridges from the STEX inside that "plugins compressed" folder.....

the millau viaduct, steel pylon rail bridge, or steel arch bridge from teh STEX will cause all the NAM bridges to not function.

Gamma4815

I had this problem.
I played around with my bridge files in my plugins folder and the bridges all seemed to work if they are not in the NAM folder, rather they are in the plugins folder itself, not in a subfolder. I do have some of fukuda's bridges and with this setup all the other bridges work.

I use Datpacker and I didn't pack the bridge files, they are just in the plugins folder.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Andreas

You should simply delete any outdated bridges that were available on the STEX. If you download the current version from the LEX, everything should be fine.
Andreas

choco

Quote from: Gamma4815 on April 22, 2010, 07:03:52 PM
I had this problem.
I played around with my bridge files in my plugins folder and the bridges all seemed to work if they are not in the NAM folder, rather they are in the plugins folder itself, not in a subfolder. I do have some of fukuda's bridges and with this setup all the other bridges work.

those bridges from the STEX dont work in the NAM folder because they include a copy of the network .ini file; like the network RULs, a file that can only exist once.  fukuda released those bridges prior to the NAM isolating the network .ini file into the "bridge controller".  hence the reason why the file names begin with z_....it was necessary because Maxis never supplied additional IID's to add anymore bridges.

the bridges from the STEX are not NAMpatible, and should be deleted as Andreas said if you intend to use the NAM.  otherwise, like you experienced, they must load before the NAM bridge controller to allow all the other bridges to work. 

thats why it think the OP has one or more of them DAT packed, because the only way no bridges show up is when an old copy of the network .ini file is present (and loads after) the NAM.   

Gamma4815

Quote from: choco on April 23, 2010, 04:50:26 AM
those bridges from the STEX dont work in the NAM folder because they include a copy of the network .ini file; like the network RULs, a file that can only exist once.... otherwise, like you experienced, they must load before the NAM bridge controller to allow all the other bridges to work.

Correct.

I wasn't sure how I seemed to get fukuda's bridges and the other custom bridges to work at the same time, but now I know why.

Thanks!  ;D

Andreas

Yes, you can, if you shuffle around the files in a way that the NAM Bridge Controller gets loaded last. But as this is somewhat inconvenient, it's a lot easier to just download the updated versions of fukuda's bridges from the LEX and put back everything into the default folders. I sent updated files to fukuda back when we released the update, but he never bothered to update his STEX downloads, so the old files are still being distributed and causing this mess.
Andreas