• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Boston Longfellow Bridge

Started by Neofita, November 05, 2009, 12:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neofita

As you know I'm from Polish and I live in Ireland.
However, my favorite city in spite of that he had never been there is the city of Boston in the USA
Do not write so I am fascinated by this place for too long that it lasted but I have a question for the creators of NAM.

Is there a possibility to make such a bridge which is in Boston and the name of the bridge is Longfellow Bridge.

I wonder whether it is possible to do such a bridge from the tram, train or inside the bridge as it is precisely in Boston

gardenwong

perhaps you can visit the "SC4D Bridge Engineering Department"
but if bridges contain two different types of traffic , they will easily bacome very crowd ;)
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

z

Quote from: gardenwong on November 05, 2009, 09:40:34 PM
but if bridges contain two different types of traffic , they will easily bacome very crowd ;)

Well, that's perfect for the Longfellow Bridge!  (Take a look in the distance in that picture.)

My first car lost its muffler on that bridge...  :(

woodb3kmaster

A GLR-in-Ave bridge would definitely be a welcome addition to the game, but is it possible? I remember that double-decker bridges were judges to be impossible, but since this bridge would have only one deck, I suppose it might be possible. The real question is whether a bridge can carry road and GLR traffic.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

choco

i should be able to answer many of these questions, hopefully soon.  I've begun experimenting with different exemplar combinations to see if there is a way to remove the congestion issue.  it'll be alot of work to hit every iteration, but i would hope to at least gain a better understanding of the limits of dual transit bridges.

the previous GLR-in_Ave bridge i worked on only carried car traffic, which i never found out why.  i figured i'd start with a 1-tile bridge first, which will be TRAM, GLR-in_Street, and another that i wont name yet.... ;D

i'll surely report what i find out..... :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

GLR in ave, or in road, bridge would be perfect! But I don't have any SimCity-technical knowlegde, so I'm sitting quiet  ;D
But maybe there is possibility to build two brigdes near each other, without one-tile gap?
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI remember that double-decker bridges were judges to be impossible, but since this bridge would have only one deck, I suppose it might be possible. The real question is whether a bridge can carry road and GLR traffic.

Actually... they weren't judged to be impossible; it was simply how the game behaved with regards to the Congestion data view that they couldn't be released. The Tsing Ma double-decker bridge (which was used for testing experiments) actually worked quite well - we have tried, however, for two years trying to fix this congestion issue. Avenue-GLR will suffer from the same problem though there is nothing stopping Sims from using it - they will happily use it regardless.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

z

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on November 07, 2009, 04:21:37 AM
Actually... they weren't judged to be impossible; it was simply how the game behaved with regards to the Congestion data view that they couldn't be released. The Tsing Ma double-decker bridge (which was used for testing experiments) actually worked quite well - we have tried, however, for two years trying to fix this congestion issue. Avenue-GLR will suffer from the same problem though there is nothing stopping Sims from using it - they will happily use it regardless.

It doesn't sound like the congestion problem for these bridges will be solved soon; from what I see here, it's not even clear that such a fix is possible.  Why not simply release the bridges with a warning about the congestion issue?  This way, people can decide for themselves whether or not they want they want to use them.  I would imagine that a lot of people would want to use them in any case.  And if they don't, what has been lost?

gardenwong

good idea :thumbsup:
because I think people always want the double deck bridge for decoration and more reality but not for functional :P
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

emgmod

Quote from: gardenwong on November 09, 2009, 10:12:36 PM
I think people always want the double deck bridge for decoration and more reality but not for functional :P
How about a lot that acts like a Tram in Ave/Road to Subway but looks like a normal stretch of tram track? The trams go in the subway under the bridge instead of the actual bridge.

choco

its pretty easy to reproduce.... &mmm

i have no idea what this is actually doing to the simulator, but i'll run the simulation awhile and see what happens....

gardenwong

is it because of the fix capability of the bridge but we need the bridge carry 2 types of traffics and double the burthen of the bridge? &mmm
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

z

Quote from: choco on November 15, 2009, 08:45:01 AM
i have no idea what this is actually doing to the simulator, but i'll run the simulation awhile and see what happens....

You're apparently getting traffic, so most likely what's happening is that speeds are being reduced by 70% (the maximum reduction) due to the congestion.