• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ARIP (Airport Road Improvement Project) With Dark Base Texture

Started by omer584, April 21, 2014, 05:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omer584

Hello.

I was searching these mods. I found these mods with light gray texture but I need with dark base texture too.;

Thank you.

ElPhantasmo69

If you can't find them, they can be made very easily with the LOT Editor.

omer584

Quote from: ElPhantasmo69 on April 21, 2014, 08:00:25 AM
If you can't find them, they can be made very easily with the LOT Editor.

You are right I thought that too but, I need both, light gray and dark gray, versions because small airplane jetways like A320, 737, MD11 and so on are using light gray base texture, on the other hand B747, 777, A340/50, and some cargo planes are using dark gray texture.

Also dark gray jetway with light gray road, or reverse, looks so horrible and unrealistic.

EDIT: You can think that firstly use light gray road on airport then change them with SC4LotEditor to dark and after that use dark roads on airport. I tried this method on several other mods and in conclusion this create some glitches on game. Even sometimes it makes CTD.

art128

In the lot editor you can "save as" which create another file, instead of save. It'll create another icon in your menu for the lots you just made.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

omer584

Quote from: art128 on April 21, 2014, 08:25:03 AM
In the lot editor you can "save as" which create another file, instead of save. It'll create another icon in your menu for the lots you just made.

I think you are wrong because after I change base texture, it does not allow me "save as"

art128

Doesn't mean I am wrong though, there IS a save as button.
Uhm, strange that you can't use it though.

As a last option, you can always open a 1x1 park and edit it as the pieces you want.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

omer584

Quote from: art128 on April 21, 2014, 09:58:38 AM
Doesn't mean I am wrong though, there IS a save as button.
Uhm, strange that you can't use it though.

As a last option, you can always open a 1x1 park and edit it as the pieces you want.

I will pass over this option because I dont have much time for this project and my computer is not enough for this kind of project.

I will wait until someone create this mod separately.

ElPhantasmo69

The problem in this case is that "Save As" is unavailable because the lot itself is in the Airport menu. Create a new lot by using a 1x1 park as a base, remove all contents and replace the building with an RMIP Lot building. Use what ever base texture you want with the corresponding TMIP/ARIP overlay and then you can Save As whatever you want. After you've saved the first one, change the overlay texture to the next one in your list and Save As again.

Once you've got all your lots done, use the Reader to change the menu they appear in to the Airport Menu. For extra attention to detail, use the LEProp tool to apply custom icons and descriptions.

Total time required - a couple of hours.
Total experience gained - invaluable.
Sense of accomplishment realized -