• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pense; Quite Some Time Has Passed

Started by WannGLondon, January 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

rooker1

Congratulations for making it to The Best Seller section.  A very well deserved move indeed!

Congrats from The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

catty

I missed your last update   :(  but I'm back just in time for a region view   ()stsfd()  and some very nice looking terraces, I see congrats are in order as you have made it to the best sellers

&apls

I've been rummaging in the stex as I'm doing a plugins catalog for my website and came across this plugin and thought of you

Cozzle UK Style Market Stall Lots  http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21080-cozzle-uk-style-market-stall-lots/

if you do download it, you need gascookers market stall props which no longer exist as they were merged into a mega pack, the pack is on the LEX

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=397

Cathy
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

vortext

Congrats on becoming a best seller  &apls

Quote from: WannGLondon on May 10, 2012, 01:30:52 PM
Yeah, sorry about the waves haha, but the Thames is tidal  ;).

Actually meant the pixalation, like in the fourth pic this time around. And what's up with the support pylons on the elevated rail bridge btw  ;D

Anyhow, great progres thusfar. Pense already looks superb and glad to see some gas holders.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kelis

Quote from: RickD on May 11, 2012, 12:40:48 AM
You are the master of rowhomes.  ;D

Indeed !! You are doing a great job with the rowhomes and the surroundings of your city, i like it !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

WannGLondon

Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 10, 2012, 01:43:04 PM
Another great update... as always... I really like the hill picture, good job with the bridge... it gives you more freedom, since you dont have to go to ground level railway in order to do the bridge.. NICE ONE! Region is looking good... although the old Pense had more towers... didnt it??  ;D ???
Thanks buddy. But more towers to come  ;)

Quote from: WC_EEND on May 10, 2012, 02:05:43 PM
Really enjoying this so far, and I'm happy to see more region views :P

Also Warren, if you don't mind me asking, have you ever been to London yourself?

Xander
Thank you Xander. And yes, I actually have been to London, only once though. Vacationed there for a week and then stayed a week in Ireland back in 2005. London was gorgeous, unfortunately, I didn't have the love for London back then that I do now. I'd love to go back.

Quote from: art128 on May 10, 2012, 02:25:40 PM
Clean! I like it. We can really feel the British atmosphere from London.
Thank you!

A title I gladly accept  ()stsfd()

Quote from: rooker1 on May 11, 2012, 03:53:25 AM
Congratulations for making it to The Best Seller section.  A very well deserved move indeed!

Congrats from The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Thank you! Thank you!

Quote from: catty on May 11, 2012, 04:06:04 AM

I missed your last update   :(  but I'm back just in time for a region view   ()stsfd()  and some very nice looking terraces, I see congrats are in order as you have made it to the best sellers

&apls

I've been rummaging in the stex as I'm doing a plugins catalog for my website and came across this plugin and thought of you

Cozzle UK Style Market Stall Lots  http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21080-cozzle-uk-style-market-stall-lots/

if you do download it, you need gascookers market stall props which no longer exist as they were merged into a mega pack, the pack is on the LEX

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=397

Cathy
Thank you Cathy! Definitely check it out!

Quote from: vortext on May 11, 2012, 10:32:06 AM
Congrats on becoming a best seller  &apls

Quote from: WannGLondon on May 10, 2012, 01:30:52 PM
Yeah, sorry about the waves haha, but the Thames is tidal  ;).

Actually meant the pixalation, like in the fourth pic this time around. And what's up with the support pylons on the elevated rail bridge btw  ;D

Anyhow, great progres thusfar. Pense already looks superb and glad to see some gas holders.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I have no idea what is up with the pixelation? haha. Love those gasometers too!  :D

Quote from: kelis on May 12, 2012, 01:17:32 PM

Indeed !! You are doing a great job with the rowhomes and the surroundings of your city, i like it !!
Thank you!

Another update.

Just a region shot for you guys. I have really been growing Pense into the east. Would like to make a Canary Wharf kind of area at the curve in the river, just like London. I am also including more trees and open spaces between neighborhoods and 'villages' just like London and its other English sister cities. In the last Pense, it was looking more American, with not a lot of open space between different areas. Well, here it is and hope you all enjoy. And thanks for everyone who helped me achieve Best Sellers.

*Please leave comments or criticism below.
Call me Warren.

RickD

The new Pense is growing fast. Keep it up.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

cmdp123789

WOW! quite a nice expansion! keep it up Warren!

catty

Another regional shot   ()stsfd()

I see dobdriver has put out his new London Map  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2794

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

WannGLondon

Quote from: RickD on May 14, 2012, 02:18:03 AM
The new Pense is growing fast. Keep it up.
Thanks Raphael.

Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 14, 2012, 08:39:01 AM
WOW! quite a nice expansion! keep it up Warren!
Thank you my friend.

Quote from: catty on May 14, 2012, 10:20:05 AM

Another regional shot   ()stsfd()

I see dobdriver has put out his new London Map  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2794

-catty
Yes, I have seen. Thank you Cathy.  ;)

Another update.

Today I would like to present you all with the charming area of Chutney Village. Chutney Village is an expensive area in Northern Pense that overlooks the central area and came to be after Dorchester had his palace, Argetty, constructed here.

Starting off in lower Chutney, here is the southern part of Velling Heath. This heath has wonderful views of the central area and is a favorite place in the summer-time for locals to picnic. It was originally restricted to the public because the heath was actually part of Dorchester's property. Never the less, in 1788 it was opened to the public and the people of Pense have adored it ever since.

Moving a little more north, we come to Argetty, Dorchester's splendid manor. This manor overlooks Pense, but was built at a time when the city was just a small fishing port. Dorchester strategically located his palace here as to be as far away as possible from Pense's peasants. The area south of the palace was once filled with gardens and Dorchester's seven horses. His family would come out when the weather permitted and spend time in the wood that surrounds today's Velling Heath.

Moving even more north, we have some Chutney rows. These row homes go for a pretty penny, due to the greenery and clean air that surrounds the area.

And here we have Chutney High Street. It is just east of the Chutney rows and has small little shops that provide Chutney Village's wealthy residents with the best goods. Lately it has become a tourist haven because of the top class goods each store provides. Local residents were becoming fed up with outsiders coming in from horrible Hammerhill and weird Waymorrow that the residents were having a petition to gate each end of the High Street. Luckily for the rest of Pense, it never went through.

Moving out of Chutney Village and into the east, I would just like to show you the Bow Turnpike. This highway runs just north of the river into the east. It is the highway that is closest to the central area currently, so it is heavily used.
It is just south of Waymorrow and the eastern Pense hills.

Here we have downtown Pense. It has changed quite a bit with a few new towers adding to the skyline.

And lastly, here is a region view. Population has reached 550 thousand plus and there's no stopping there  ;). You can see Chutney Village in the north around Velling Heath and its large trees. In the east you can see the Bow Turnpike running though eastern Pense as well. Hope you enjoy!

*Please leave comments or criticism below.
Call me Warren.

catty

Looking good as always and region shot is   :thumbsup:

my only criticism is with the parks and that's more a personal preference on my part to fill up all the empty spaces with ploppable parks and woods like this one;

QuoteTypical of the many sprawling houses estates developed from the 1980s onwards in Britain, this small wooded pathway offers a haven for wildlife and a safe way for children of getting around the estate without having to negotiate busy roads.

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/11497-suburban-wood/

-catty

vortext

Amazing to see how fast Pense is expanding!  &apls

Love the burbs as always, though the pics themselves seems compressed a bit too much. And you might want to turn of the grid (press 'g') when you take them. Pet peeve really  ;)

Looking forward to the next update, keep it up  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

cmdp123789

I liked the update... pics were too compressed but that doesnt damage the essence of the picture itself. I like the expansion... and you add a couple new buildings to the downtown area which is good, I mean not because you have to fill everything with towers, but because now you have a well defined downtown.

I like also the rails in Pense... and what  you did with the seawalls next to the RHW... good effect

catty

Quote from: vortext on May 19, 2012, 10:31:16 AM
...And you might want to turn of the grid (press 'g') when you take them...

I think that's why I noticed your parks and suggested adding something ... without the grid showing they would have looked a lot nicer   :)

nbvc

Nice work. I like the row homes. :thumbsup:

apeguy

Great update, although I would suggest turning the grid off first. ;)

Looking forward to what's next! ;D ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

WannGLondon

Sorry no replies are going to be posted right now, but I would like to present you all with a quick region preview. Pense has reached a population of 612 thousand plus and I have expanded the Eastern Highway and started the new Callomine Int'l Airport in the south-west.

Call me Warren.

kelis

Beautiful region view my friend !! Are you thinking about to do some zones inspired in the financial districts of London?
I think London has one of the best financial districts in Europe it would be so great see them in your region ! As you know you've got a lot of buildings from Canary wharf or the City [ Square Mile ] so you can make your own Financial district.

Great job as always my friend, Keep up the good workd  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

cmdp123789

Looking good buddy... Although making the airport that close to the city?? I thought it would expand a little more... But I like the overall its amazing!!! I am so jealous right now... I havent had any time to play sc4 for the last probably 2 to 3 weeks... I think I opened the game once... and then I see this! GOD! I wish I could play at the same pace as you hahaha ()stsfd()

catty

Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 25, 2012, 11:10:05 AM
Looking good buddy... Although making the airport that close to the city?? I thought it would expand a little more...

that's how it looks in real life, see this map

http://www.mapsofworld.com/united-kingdom/london-city-map.html

looks good   :thumbsup: