• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Farms North of Grasmere () My SC4 MD Scrapbook

Started by Vizoria, October 08, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsocrates

Always a pleasure to stop in and admire your work. The level of realism is superb and rather rewarding to see. Truly magnificent.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

carlfatal

Fantastic Update!  &apls

I love that empty site of the former food processing plant with all the rubbish. It lloks like cut out from google earth.

And yes I see, you´re using some of Fasan´s techniques. To your question: Fasan is still active, but as long as I know, his RL doesn´t give hm time enough to present more gems. But I am sure, he will be back as soon as possible. I mean, he is a really devoted player...  ;)

noahclem

Great to see a new update here  :bnn:  Love the details of the countryside and city and the seemless transition from one to the other in the previous update. Highways look great and your work with industrial areas is outstanding  :o

Vizoria

Replies:

manga rivotra: Thanks a lot, the railway oil depot is one of my favourite railway station BATs.

belfastsocrates: Thanks, with Annuq I used more mods and techniques to improve the realism, in particular rsc204's NAM terrain grass mod -- the one with the Euro textures -- and the Sudden Valley base texture replacements to better integrate the city with the terrain mod.

carlfatal: That is a nice compliment, also I am glad to hear that Fasan will eventually be coming back.

noahclem: Thank you, I nearly always do my best work with industrial areas.

{---}

Entry 20: A Trip to the Mall

South-east Annuq has many shopping malls and this area's motto is simple- shop until you drop. So let us say hello to shopping nirvana.

{---}

The crown jewel is undoubtedly the Halsure Shopping Complex.

Heblem outdid himself with the HBS Mall del Sur.

Without consulting the readme it is a real challenge simply assembling the mall in the correct configuration.

Another challenge is connecting the numerous transit enabled entrance points to the cities road network.

This mall has at least ten entrance points.

It would be one thing to simply add a perimeter of road around the entire BAT.

However some trees and filler space adds a lot more to the mall.

Deja Vu- a shop where you buy the same thing over and over again.

No shopping area worth its salt does not have an IKEA store. Of course the real IKEA stores are at least ten times larger than this one.

I added in a MAVE-2 entrance, unfortunately one cannot add in NWM entrances without at least one tile between the LOT and the road.

Roughly, in the centre top left, there is the Bastvell Police Station, before there were all of these malls there was the village of Bastvell.

Bastvall was quickly gobbled up by Annuq and only some of the village buildings remain- as clusters of holiday homes.

One could not shop without logistics and distribution.

Callor's Avenue- to the left and right are a great many number of carparks.

A more broader view of Callor's Avenue.

I still could not resist a bit of W2W.

Kingsley Court is home to many small and medium sized companies.

Where possible I added in proper entrances for the larger stalls which had car parking.

At the top you can see a small sliver of the military airbase.

Bosovo- a store for various paraphernalia which shall not be disclosed.

I love how Project Symphony highway so snugly fits into avenue intersections.

The car park is for employees who work in the offices of Stokesley Court. And yes, the buildings in Kingsley Court and Stokesley Court are identical.

Mention must be made of KingOfSimCity's (from Simtropolis) relots, he has created amazing office complexes.

{---}

Next time-

-middle class suburbia.

noahclem

Excellent work  &apls  You have quite the selection of big box stores and manage to fill other spaces around them with such natural fitting low density shops. Heblem's mall is excellently done and the AVE2 usage seems more at home here around the shops than I've ever seen it. I agree that an accurately-sized Ikea would be really nice. Whatever kind of paraphernalia that is it's in a pretty big store  :D

art128

This activity area is very well done. Everything is present from small to medium sized company buildings, to the giant mall of Overconsumption, this is brilliant. The Ikea store reminds me of the several smaller Ikeas we have here surrounding Paris. 
You couldn't resist the W2W strip and it is highly justified. It fits perfectly with its surrounding.

I am already eager to see what you have next for us, those medium wealth housing estates seems promising. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Fasan

Hi, I was long gone here.

Of course I will continue to build back to my country Krokanien, but I had my first time to take a break.
She was simply necessary, after my father had died in May.
Currently I am working on Clemont on and test the new ways of "der Gammler".

Now, to your wonderful pictures and great design.  &apls
The landscape and the handling of the MMPs is you very well. So what I like simple.
Your industry is consistent and with many details. Now, the new railroad tracks do not really like me. Since even small differences can still be seen, which are simply ugly.

A wonderful design and I look forward to the next pictures.  :thumbsup:

many greetings Fasan  ;)

romualdillo

I'm very sorry Fasan!!

The massive commercial area looks incredible!!!  It's not exactly my preferred urban model, but you've reproduced it perfectly to the smallest detail!!

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

carlfatal

What should I say now? The most realistic horror I can think of? The biggest dream of every shopoholic comes true here, and I am only happy to live in an area, where the biggest mall is like small ikea on your pictures (and I don´t go there for anything).  $%Grinno$%

Some of Heblem´s BATs are confusing, not only his mall, but you really mastered this piece of commercial destruction. I only miss some information signs, where to get a massive credit... And if I look to the rest of the former village: I think we need lots with houses for sale, and slums for all the people, who become poor while the owners of the malls get richer and richer...  ;)

Vizoria

Replies:

noahclem: Thanks, the AVE2 route popped into my head as I worked out to integrate that particular store to Annuq's road network. As for the store with the paraphernalia, well they mostly sell inflatable dolls... Ahem.

art128: Yep that's the idea- cover the commercial sprawl basis, so thanks for that!

Fasan: It's good to hear from you again! Sorry to hear about your father; take that break from your MD. When you are ready then it will be good to see new entries since you have incredible style and taste. Thanks for the compliments about the industry and MMPs, those are two areas I put the most amount of effort into.

romualdillo: Thanks. I like to work upon areas I don't like to build: shopping areas, parks and so forth, and then integrate them with city areas I am good at creating such as industry, downtowns and railway networks.

Girafe: Cheers!

carlfatal: You have my sympathies.

{---}

Entry 21: Middle-class suburbia

Not much to say here except for this- enjoy the pictures of numerous apartment complexes, flats, green spaces and bicycle lanes with a few quirks thrown in to.

{---}

{---}

This Sunday I show to you something different- W2W areas with mixed commercial/industrial. Enjoy and have a good weekend.

manga rivotra

About your "shopping nirvana" update, you did a great loting job especially with car parks and not forgetting to reproduce spaces for deliveries.
The middle-class subburbia is very well too and the cycleways are a nice touch.
In each of your 2 updates you have a very realistic approach and it's always a pleasure to watch  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

After all that shopping - I hope I can still pay my rent...  :P

But again I am totally impressed. Particulary I love this small park with the huts and the pond in the middle.
And this L shaped two older buildings, seems, they were the first here. Must have been a very nice place to live before developing...  :D

But nonetheless another fantastic update! I am not able to build such a realistic scenery.  &apls &apls

art128

Impressive housing estates. Even when there's diagonal, it seems the blocks follow them smoothly, it's perfect.  The mix between American and European blocks is well done.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Replies:

manga rivotra: Thank you. However I have never done any lotting in my life, I have downloaded quite a few relots though!

carlfatal: Thanks a lot, I often spend quite a bit of time finding the right landmark or the right building to plop in.

art128: Thanks for the comment!

{---}

Entry 22: The Commercial/Industrial Mix

I must admit that a significant part of this entry is really an advertisement for T Wrecks (from Simtropolis) amazing IRM mod and his various expansions of it. So enjoy some more industrial grunginess!

{---}

Today we travel to West Annuq to see various industrial estates and retail centres.

The industrial estates.

And the retail centres.

I created a large part of these industrial estates with T Wrecks IRM W2W buildings/mod.

Combined with his IRM extension sets and the result is sprawling industrial estates.

But not all of the IRM W2W buildings are strictly W2W regarding the BATs. The LOTs are W2W though.

Black Hole Waste Management. What transpires beneath an event horizon? Decent people shouldn't think too much about that.

With some time and patience one can create rather elaborate IRM layouts.

Mix it with some grungy commercial and everything fits together rather well.

Last, but not least, add in some MMP cars, trucks and Sims to make the parking areas come to life.

rsc204's MMP Pack Vol1 comes in super handy for placing MMP trucks, trains and carriages in orthogonal, diagonal and FAR configurations.

It occurred to me to double up the wall parking pieces from T Wrecks IRM extension sets.

This is one hell of an old school factory.

The Bastvell Shopping District.

The Bastvell Shopping District has a higher proportion of shops to cater for wealthier clientele.

I just love plopping down rows of T Wrecks IRM W2W brick warehouses.

I am really getting the hang of fusing cycle lanes with car parks and roads.

Yet more relots from nos.17 (from Simtropolis). You've done great with these.

A JENX fire station, created by the incredibly versatile xannepan.

And to the left are Il Tonkso's W2W offices.

Il Tonkso's offices are great because they work in nearly any context: UK, European, American and even Japanese/Asian- I have seen from crop up in Oriental CJs.

In the very middle is Lakeside Place, this is a relot done by KingOfSimCity (from Simtropolis), and what a relot it is.

I love relots simply because I have never used the LE, plus I don't have the time to learn or use the LE.

The car parks are a little tight though in Lakeside Place!

{---}

And for the next entry-

A right mish-mash of the suburban, the urban, the low-rise and the high-rise plus there are other goodies to.

FrankU

carlfatal

Wonderful update again!  &apls

To be honest, I also thought, that you were lotting some part by yourself. On the other hand, your comment says a lot about the quality of lots in these days, although someone needs passion and a good eye for sceneries to create these scenes. A lot alone doesn´t do anything, that is, what I often have to face in my game...  $%Grinno$%

And TWrecks IRM - YEAH, I simply love it, and your pictures show very well how perfect this set is made. I really hope, that looking into these pictures here can improve my experiences with the IRM.  :thumbsup:

Also I like, how you use some good old maxis buildings as well!  :)

BTW, I have one download question. pic 23, the corner buildings with this "mamia´s" shop?

Keep the great work on!

Themistokles

Excellent work as always, and even more so, I think, given that you achieve this without the LE! And also, thanks for pointing out where the lots come from -- now I've downloaded a ton of ill tonkso's offices. :D A question: On the last picture, how did you get Sudden Valley textures on Paeng's parks?
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

art128

Indeed, relots are very useful when you don't want to bother with the LE. However for the IRM I find that I often have to go in the LE to add a piece or two to the set.
You've certainly showcased very well the different BATs and relots done over the years. JENX fire station fits quite nicely in this area.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

I think you really have a gift for choosing and placing building and lot in the best way possible, as your pictures are always very realistic. :)
Everything fits perfectly to the point that everything seems to have been relot  &apls
I never played with the IRM mod, but now I want  :D . I think it is not possible to make it better advertisement.
A superb update again !  :thumbsup: