• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Quote from: star.torturer on December 12, 2007, 08:14:17 AM
hmmm... the lack of a monitor doesnt suprise me... but a mouse ?? lol

it's because Wouanagain just looks at the tower and sees into it.  no need for a monitore, and then it does what he wants, so no need for a mouse.

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Jim94

Quote from: RippleJet on December 12, 2007, 02:55:34 AM
And I'm still pretty sure you still haven't written the readme! :D
I think I should stick a post-it note to your monitor saying writeme... ::)

Regarding those necessary dll's, read this post and Wouanagaine's reply to it: :thumbsup:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=236.msg13499#msg13499

thnx u finally, i can work it now.

Jim94

*.html  not present
*.htm  not present
*.jpeg  not present
*.jpg  not present
*.txt  not present
*.sav  not present
*.gif  not present
thumbs.db  not present
*.doc  not present
*.rtf  not present
*.zip  not present
*.xml  not present
*.iit  not present
*.exe  not present
You seem to be up to date with needed dependancies

wat do i do with those things?

wouanagaine

Nothing
If you had missing dep it would had told you with link to the dep
If you had outdated files, it would had told you ( somefile.xml found for example instead of *.xml not present ) and you would have to hit the 'backup' button

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

SC4BOY

There seems to be an endless loop formed if you try to meet the requirements of Cleanitol Mega Pack SG.txt.

The initial state of my system is a clean bill of health from BSC Megapak V2 (and also the Mega Pack Common and Mega Pack NAM)

If I run the SG pack, it says I need SG Farm Fields Revised Ok, I download and run that. Afterward, if I run the packs above, they remove some files. After I "backup" via cleanitol on those and run the SG file again, it again says I am missing the same file.

There is probably just some revision level or typo error I expect, but I don't have the knowledge or expertise to say what is right and what is wrong.

Anyone able to sort through this and let me know what I really need to do?

Thanks

edit: All of the above files are contained in Cleanitol Master Files.zip which I just downloaded fresh (in order to be sure that I just didn't have an old file) so they should be all the latest available.

wouanagaine

yes, I've just PM'ed Capo about that one

He will correct the list soon

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

TheSanderson

Today,i install the cleanitol,and put it to work...i locate files,and,before,click in the backup button with 2,2 GB of plugins,and it have 5 hours,and it do not stop...i really have fear to stop it and lost all my plugins.I obsereve it work,and i discover somethings:The archives have been moved(and are moving or not,i really dont know.Cleanitol says theyre moving,my computer sad they moved).
And now,the cleanitol is working in a file,called "cleanuplist_result_result".It dont stop to grow,now it have 3,276 KB,really big for archives of this type( Attention ,or notebook,or note pad).
I stop or wait?
Waiting for imediatly answers!
Really thnks!
Sry about the english.

SC4BOY

You can Cntrl-Alt-Del cleanitol and "end task".. it will cause no damage. Cleanitol has some minor problems in determining certain timeout conditions. All file will be recoverable, though you may have to do some hand file moving. I've stopped it before (though I've never had it run for 5 hours.. hehe) Wou (the author) can help you more when he gets on line. The only time I had this problem was when I moved a file while it was working and it could not locate the file to write the result.. just stop it I'd say.  If you absolutely cannot take a risk, just let it run until Wou can answer you (or someone more expert than I am)

TheSanderson

I stopped it,thnks.No damages,except it move all files and unorganize all,i have to organzie it again.Really ty!

pocheese

Not sure if this is the right area, couldn't find a special forum for Cleanitol itself.  Haven't been able to use it yet, have installed twice, downloaded from the Lex here.
Here is my log.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance.

P4 1.7Ghz  512K ram, WINXP  GeForce5600

Merged in that thread ~Wouanagaine~

wouanagaine

There is an undo.bat in the backup folder that will put your files back ( edit it to see if it looks ok as you CTRL-ALT-DEL, it may be corrupted )

QuoteAnd now,the cleanitol is working in a file,called "cleanuplist_result_result".
however it looks like you did not use a valid cleanitol file but the result of a cleanitol file. "result" is added to the filename for a log file, so 2x "result' means you used "cleanuplist_result.txt" as input instead of "cleanuplist.txt"

New Horizons Productions

wouanagaine

Quote from: pocheese on December 26, 2007, 07:14:35 PM
Not sure if this is the right area, couldn't find a special forum for Cleanitol itself.  Haven't been able to use it yet, have installed twice, downloaded from the Lex here.
Here is my log.

Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance.

P4 1.7Ghz  512K ram, WINXP  GeForce5600
-First you should read the readme I have not write ( and this is not an excuse )
-Second you should read and post to the support thread http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=236.0 where the solution to your problem has already been posted
google and download for MSVCP71.DLL and GDIPLUS.DLL

Merged in that thread ~Wouanagaine~

New Horizons Productions

Paris

Hi,

Great tool, save so much work, thank you.

Does the issue with auto install to a default location still exist? Like many others the only thing that gets near my C: drive is the XP operating system. My Documents, Documents and Settings folders etc are all relegated to other drives, as is all my software - they are spread out over 3 other drives. Knowing I was going to do a system install at xmas time I installed BSC Cleanitol to C: drive and gave it a run, which is how I know it works a treat.

Now that I have a fresh operating system it is time to install BSC Cleanitol again and this is the reason I ask about the default install location. I've read the posts in relation to this issue and with an undated BSC Cleanitol available I was hoping there had been a solution offered. If I install BSC Cleanitol to C: and then move the entire directory to another drive, as I did last time, everything still works correctly, including undoing the backup files which put paid to the explanation that it has to be C: drive else it won't work.

Is there a non-auto-installer zip that can be downloaded, thus eliminating the install location issue? Simply installing and then moving it is not very practical or efficient for keeping an optimised and very secure operating system. There are registry entries, add/remove programs and default path entries, boot files, HIPS configurations and OS user privileges that have to be dealt with when doing this.

Once again, thank you for the time and effort that went into creating this wonderful tool.

Cheers,
Paris

wouanagaine

Frankly you can move the folder without any trouble

The reason behind the default install location was to be able to access it from .bat files that can be run from installers. An option finally not done by authors.

New Horizons Productions

SC4BOY

I am not sure this properly belongs in the CLEANITOL forum or elsewhere so feel free to move it if this is the wrong place?

Hmm.. I have a problem. I don't know if it is a "missing dependency" problem or a cleanitol problem. I ran cleanitol and it removed the files listed at the bottom of the page.

I attach the list here, as I don't know a way to find out which "remove file list" for cleanitol produced the "archive file" function which moved those files (maybe an "next release item"  .. though I am not sure it would be useful. Most people who include a cleanitol file DO NOT name it in such a way that you could trace it back to the actual download anyways).

I am GUESSING based on the files listed, that it was files moved by the cleanitol for BSC_essentials but I don't really know. Anyway, the issue is that when I get the lot Kensington Manor Bldg C$$$ 100 (Kensington BATS) growing in my city, I get a missing dependency (bldg model?) as shown by this picture:

Missing dependency?.

When I go back to the docs for the Kensington Manor, the only dependency for the lot listed it the SPA_Essentials file shown in red below. So I conclude that either the file which moved that file is not truly a replacement OR that the original docs did not in fact include all the dependencies needed.

EDIT: Ok, I placed the SPA ESSENTIALS lot back in the folder and the missing dependency went away.. so this means that the download who's cleanitol removed it does not in fact cover the dependency for it. For this reason this may more properly belong in the BSC Dependency HELP messages. Oh, and I looked up the BSC SPA Essentials.dat file on the DEPENDENCY LIST by Diggis, and it does not show a replacement for the file.. so something goofy is going here, but I'm not sure what. It would seem that if a file is REMOVING the file, IT should be listed as the NEW DEPENDENCY for the lot (ie it should be cross-referenced in Diggis' list)

Sorry for the L O N G message, but it was my best shot at the moment.

Cleanup
BLS GA Farm Field Essentials_v2.dat not present
BLS_Essentials.dat not present
BLS_Farm_Essentials.dat not present
BRT_Essentials.dat (BRT_Essentials.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins
BSC SPA Essentials.dat (BSC SPA Essentials.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins
bsc_Essentials_OG.dat (bsc_Essentials_OG.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins
CAMEssentials.dat not present
csx_Essentials01.dat (csx_Essentials01.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins
csx_FieldsUI.dat (csx_FieldsUI.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins\BSC\Farms\CSX\Extras
csx_WFK_Essentials01.dat not present
D66_Essentials.dat not present
GC_Essentials.dat (GC_Essentials.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins
MBEAR_Essentials.dat not present
sam_essentials.dat (sam_essentials.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins
SG_Automata.dat (SG_Automata.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins\BSC\Farms\Simgoober\Extras
SG_CrimeAutomata.dat (SG_CrimeAutomata.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins\BSC\Farms\Simgoober\Extras
SG_CrimeAutomata.dat (SG_CrimeAutomata.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins\simgoober\Extras
SG_LandfillProps.dat not present
SG_MassTransitEssentials.dat not present
SG_NewsTickers.dat (SG_NewsTickers.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins\simgoober
SG_RLS_Extras.dat not present
SG_RLS_Props.dat not present
SNM_Essentials.dat (SNM_Essentials.dat) found in \SimCity 4\Plugins
12 files have been moved to C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol\20071206_05

xxdita

In Windows, you can Search through all of your documents to find if a Cleanitol has done this. Simply open the Search window, set your Search Tools/ Search Options to Always Search File Names AND Content, click on the Documents tab, then point the Directory Path to where you store your Cleanitols. But checking the BSC Spa Essentials in Reader, only UI and png files are included, so that's not the problem. Is this a new problem with a lot you've used, or a new lot creating a new problem? Whatever the case, you're missing the building model itself. If it came in an installer, I'd suggest re-installing. If it was a zip file, it's possible you missed copying the model over, or that it was never there to begin with.

BarbyW

As xxdita pointed out the Spa Essentials only holds information on queries so replacing that would not solve the missing model. In fact spa posted a Cleanitol file to help with his updates but it should be used ONCE and before installing the updates.
As spa posts his models with each upload rather than in packs it appears as though you have removed the model file and then replaced it if the building has returned but it is certainly nothing to do with the Essentials file.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

SC4BOY

Umm... good point.. in fact after i wrote that (just now in fact) I had taken it back out and gone back in to look at the lot. I couldn't find it.. I have to conclude that I had allowed the emulator to run for a bit and that during that time the lot had "grown" to a next stage. I could not find the lot.. So I guess I have to say that I cannot any longer confirm what the missing prop is. It certainly would appear from the picture plus the picture in the doc's of the "correct" lot that the building model is what is not there.

Are you saying that there WERE more dependencies and that I ran some cleanitol that removed them? I'm afraid I don't understand why the lot would have a missing model? There was no lot listed as a dependency. Am I misunderstanding you?

XX.. I DID do the search.. of course I did not know (and still don't know) what I was looking for. I searched on "essential" since that was the only listed dependency. Are you saying that another cleanitol has removed a model or some such? I also searched on "Kensington" and found nothing moved. If it is there it doesn't have that in the name. As I pointed out, it is not possible to tell WHAT moved the file. I KNOW it was cleanitol as I keep all the moved and .bat files isolated for all my cleanitol moved under their original folder names (which of course is just a date reference)

As it is a grown lot, this is the first I have noticed it and I cannot confirm that I have ever seen it complete.

I will try to find the "Spa cleanitol" and see what files it may have moved if I happened to do it out of order somehow.
edit: I just did a search on my cleanitol archive and no "spa" name is contained in it other than the essentials file.

BarbyW

As the model was included in the upload installer it would not appear as a dependency even though technically it is. Normally only external dependencies are listed and this is not external, having been installed with the lots.
It appears that you used the spa Cleanitol file AFTER updating his lots instead of before and so have had the model removed. spa made a lot of updates and corrected some of his early BATs so the old models need removing but the new ones do not. This is spa's description with his Cleanitol file:
QuoteThis is the cleanitol file that when used with the cleanitol program will purge your hard drive of my old files. Use it only ONCE before you install my updated files. If you use it after having installed my newly released updates, Cleanitol will delete both the new and the old files. This is because the desc and lot files of the old and new are the same (kept the same names to avoid having to delete all past instances of each bat already in place in a built city). So again use it only ONCE and do so BEFORE you install my updated file.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original