• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gln888

Hello!

I have downloaded and used cleanitol before and I must say I should thank you for saving us much time and effort... however, after I reinstalled my system and used SP3, I could not use cleanitol anymore.  I always get this message: Traceback (most recent call last): File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd Traceback (most recent call last): File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd Traceback (most recent call last): File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd Traceback (most recent call last): File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

I know others have similar problem as I do.  Please help! Thanks a lot! :)

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

cogeo

Hi again,

I have came up with an idea on making Cleanitol easier to use. It requires a small change in the cleanitol installer (not the executable).

Is it possible to add a command in Windows Explorer, to allow opening the text file directly in Cleanitol? I think it is, the user could right-click on the cleanitol (.txt) file, and this could start cleanitol with the textfile as a parameter. So users could run cleanitol without having to save the textfile first and then start the execitable and browse for or drag the textfile.

If you go further, you can make the cleanitol accept two kinds of files, ie .txt (for compatibility with older uploads) and a new filetype, named say .Cleanitol (extensions shouldn't necessarily be 3-character long); the contents would be the same, of course. There are many more things you can do with this "new" filetype, like assigning an icon, allowing players to run it with a double-click, or performing a "Shell Open" from within an installer. And the amount of work required to make these is minimal (testing, packaging, reuploading and documenting is comparably much more work). But I think it's something that you may want to consider making.

JoeST

hey cogeo, I have already tried that it is perfectly possible to open any plaintext file in Cleanitol, so you could rename your cleanitols to .clean or w/e and then make it auto open that type of file in cleanitol. its just that there is LOTS of files on the LEx that use .txt files. which are used by lots of other things and it would be unreasonable for most people to make all .txts open in cleanitol automaticaly.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

Very good idea

However as Joe said it should not be used as the default command on txt files
But you can add a 'cleanitol command'

I'll do a tutorial for that

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

cogeo

JoeST, I didn't mean make Cleanitol accept only the new (.Clean ?) filetype, and therefore have to change all uploads, but instead make it accept both (and this might not even require changing the executable).

It basically requires changing Cleanitol's installer (adding sth to the registry). Take as en example the image and/or html files. Right-clicking on the item causes a context menu to be displayed. These contain one "Open" command (in bold type) - which opens the file, just like double-clicking - and possibly additional "Open with..." commands. What I'm after is invoking Cleanitol from within the ZIP, without having to extract the cleanitol (text) file and run the Cleanitol (exe) externally; this would make Cleanitol much easier to use. The problem is that these "Open with..." commands appear to not work from within a ZIPped file (you can try images or html files). Do you know if there is a way to overcome this (I mean using Windows Shell techniques)?

Kitsune

What happens if Cleanitol detects the same file twice? Does it report both paths or only the first one it finds?
~ NAM Team Member

wouanagaine

I think it should report both, but I'm not sure

New Horizons Productions

sarjm

It detects all instances of a file when I use it.

Kitsune

good, as I ran the cleanitol after installing 300 megs worth of stuff and wanted to make sure it did do that.
~ NAM Team Member

gtaplayer

it may sound stupid but i can find the download link for cleanitol on the page of cleanitol

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions

jablme

so this doesn't work on Win98SE???

I have the required dll's, even copied them to the cleanitol folder, when I click on the exe the cursor spins a couple of times but nothing happens, no logs are generated either

()what()

wouanagaine

I'm not sure, but I've read that the way the exe is generated can't work with win98SE
You may need to run the w9xpopen.exe but I'm not sure as I don't have a win98SE at hand

New Horizons Productions

jablme

Quote from: wouanagaine on April 13, 2009, 11:29:36 PM
I'm not sure, but I've read that the way the exe is generated can't work with win98SE
You may need to run the w9xpopen.exe but I'm not sure as I don't have a win98SE at hand

I tried that and get the following message:

This program is used by Python's os.popen function to work around a limitation in Windows 95/98. It is not designed to be used as a stand-alone program.

So it seems Win9x was taken into consideration, but I can't make it work.  :thumbsdown:

wouanagaine

I'll try to find out the instruction to make a win98 compatible version

New Horizons Productions

jablme

Quote from: wouanagaine on April 14, 2009, 07:50:34 AM
I'll try to find out the instruction to make a win98 compatible version

:thumbsup:

tahill79

I ran Cleanitol today and found these 3 files as "MISSING".  The one below is a texture update from 2007.  My question is......is there a way to update Cleanitol to where we dont get files that are outdated to not come up when running the program????  Now in this instance there is only 3 files to look at but some times you get dozens and its really time consuming.

MISSING : zzz_RHW_TUM_v2.05.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1063

Now,  the 2 below are for some reason are the exact same file but both came up after running Cleanitol.  These are NAM March 2009.  I know for a fact that this is installed and working on my laptop.  So, why am I getting this on Cleanitol?  And, why are 2 of the exact same coming up? 

MISSING : NetworkAddonMod_ANT_Plugin_Beta.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=851
MISSING : NetworkAddonMod_ANT_Plugin_Beta.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=851

Thanx for answering the questions.  Cleanitol is a great program and coupled with LEX Downloader makes the game easier to play. 

sarjm

The Cleanitol file which I think you are using is -
Cleanitol Mega Pack NAM.txt dated 18 Nov 2007
The newest version is -
Cleanitol_NetworkAddonMod.txt dated 01 Jan 2009
which is in the - NetworkAddonMod_Setup.zip

The same file is showing twice because it is listed twice in the file.

twhite075

wbqd, I am having the same problem!

It won't finish the installation!
Somebody help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!