• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

OOPS sorry, RL bad mood

So just use the '...' button to browse to any supplied cleanitol text file and then click either on locate or backup ( locate will only tell you if you're uptodate or not )

xxdita, I suppose you have use the explorer option to add a rightclick command ? then you should specified that the cleanitol exe should start in its folder

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

xxdita

Wou, that's the way it's set, but still not working for me. Maybe it's not opening the lang file when I try to Open With, instead of just starting the program then opening the file from within. It's not a big issue, as I said, I keep all my cleanitol txts in a subfolder within the program folder, so they are easy to find. All I have to do is Sort by date modified, and even in my blondest moments, I know which file I need to check.

wouanagaine

Maybe in a future update :)

BTW, you can merge your txt files into one

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

SC4BOY

I have uncovered a minor bug.. I was organizing files while using Cleanitol. I put the cleanitol file in the load window and ran the trace and got back a couple of things that needed to be removed. All this is very normal of course.. :) While I was looking for  and organizing things, I moved the original cleanitol file to another directory. When I then told cleanitol to "Backup Now", it ran but then hung with the "action box" window showing and no action possible.

Of course I don't think this should be a problem.. After all I should not be moving files HEHE

HOWEVER.. the "hang" was permanent.. no error message and no timeout. Probably after a time, the program should timeout and reset or close with "file not found" or whatever error is proper.

Another thing for your "next release" list.. :)

Have a good day! And thanks for your SC4 works..

wouanagaine

Thx for the repro SC4Boy  :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions

SC4BOY

I've mentioned this somewhere before, but it always annoys me to have to find a cleanitol file, open cleanitol, use the (...) window to navigate through my HD to the file to be opened, then open the file and run cleanitol "find files" button.

I tried the "open with" and the "send to" options and could not make either one work, but here is a trick that DOES WORK! :)

Make a shortcut for cleanitol on your desktop (or in a convenient folder on your desktop). As you are working on your file updates and run into a cleanitol.txt file, do this. Just drag and drop the file on the desktop shortcut that you made *POOF* there is cleanitol with your file in the (...) window.. just hit "find files".. YAY 

&apls  :-\  &apls

Makes me a happy camper... hope you like it too.. might add this as a note to the bottom of the cleanitol doc's file until Wou gets around to making it possible to make the (...) open in a folder that you can set in the shortcut or whatever.  This is elementary, but some may not have thought of it.

ENJOY!

DFire870

Interesting find! I'll have to try that sometime. What you could also do is in the folder that the (...) button goes to, make a new folder that says "Cleanitol Files" or something, and put all of the Cleanitol lists in there, so you don't have to spend so much time navigating. ;)

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

SC4BOY

Moving the files would be about the same amount of work.. you'd have to drag and drop or you'd have to keep the folder open on the desktop or you'd have to navigate the "unzip to".. I just unpack (if needed) in the folder where I dl the file and execute the cleanitol check and install from that same folder.. I have low tolerance for repetitive work.. hehe .. and to work like you suggest your working folder would have to be the Program Files/BSCCLeanitolTM folder.. and I don't like working in a program install directory.

The method in Reply #145 is far and away the best method for me.. your milage may vary .. :)

The only NEGATIVE is that it ALWAYS opens a new instance of cleanitol, so you have to close it after each find and scrub operation.. just an "X" to me.. hehe (Sadly the running program won't accept a "drag and drop")

SC4BOY

OK Wou, enough resting!!!

Have you started the drop and drag tool for the new expanded menus subsystem? ;)

wouanagaine

Quote from: SC4BOY on November 29, 2007, 05:55:06 PM
OK Wou, enough resting!!!

Have you started the drop and drag tool for the new expanded menus subsystem? ;)

::)

New Horizons Productions

tkirch

Quick question... I am in the processing of moving some files to an external hard drive.  Could I run cleanitol on the external drive and the same with datpacker if I keep SC4 file son there till I need them?

wouanagaine

No, you could not, SC4DP and Cleanitol only look into the Simcity 4 folder in My Doc and in Program Files/Maxis ( cleanitol only )

New Horizons Productions

Bluebeard

Sorry if this has been asked but does the Cleanitol have a bug?.
   I just download the latest residentals from LEX and it came with a Cleanitol file.Well according to the Cleanitol it says I'm missing 2 files and after searching my folder I found those files.So nothing is missing.

capo

Quote from: Bluebeard on December 08, 2007, 01:40:15 PM
Sorry if this has been asked but does the Cleanitol have a bug?.
   I just download the latest residentals from LEX and it came with a Cleanitol file.Well according to the Cleanitol it says I'm missing 2 files and after searching my folder I found those files.So nothing is missing.

I don't think the program cleanitol has bugs, because wou is a true master :) so perhaps there's a typo in the added cleanitol file or something. What residential pack did you download exactly?

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

Bluebeard

Thanx.
   Yes I agree Cleanitol is greatest thing since slice bread but I just find this kind of odd.The Cleanitol in question came from Prepo Meritorni.Thanx :thumbsup:

capo

I ran the Meritorni cleanitol file and it indeed has one typo in it: BSC Essentials.dat should be BSC_Essentials.dat

Everything else in the cleanitol file seems correct. If cleanitol says you are missing 2 files, then I'm pretty sure that you are missing one dependency

I will msg prepo about the typo.

Bluebeard

Thanx Capo.
   I hate to bust your bubble but I ain't missing nothing.Thanx :)

BarbyW

The upload has been updated with a corrected Cleanitol. Hopefully it is now correct.

BSC are great at squishing bugs before wou's genius is uploaded. ;D :thumbsup:
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Bluebeard

Thanx Goddess for the fix and thanx wou for your genius. :thumbsup:

capo

Quote from: Bluebeard on December 08, 2007, 02:29:00 PM
Thanx Capo.
   I hate to bust your bubble but I ain't missing nothing.Thanx :)

Bust my bubble? I had to look up that saying and I wasn't very happy when I found the translation. Well if you know it all so well, then good luck with solving your problems in the future...you won't be getting my help. Why do you have to be so rude?

I ran the file, only found one bug...but you seem not to believe it. Very well, good luck with it then....

capo, I dont think there is rudeness in that post, and there is no rudeness from your part when you try to help without understanding the real need. Everything is a language misunderstanding. The typo is over thanks to Barby and that is the important thing.
All the posts related to this misunderstanding are being removed to keep the thread clean. If someone needs more explanations about this, feel free to post me. Thank you.

jeronij