• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim94

i have the link, but it doesnt show where to download it.
help me.  :'(   >:(   :angrymore:   ()what()   :thumbsdown:

wouanagaine

Quote from: Jim94 on December 09, 2007, 06:11:29 PM
i have the link, but it doesnt show where to download it.
help me.  :'(   >:(   :angrymore:   ()what()   :thumbsdown:
You have the link for what ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

JoeST

Uh just a quick suggestion for an update (even though it is an amazingly awesome tool as it is), how about associating a special file extention with cleanitol.exe (for example .sc4cleanup) ? as then you could just double click on the file (that's been written as a .txt file) and it opens cleanitol and scans your plugins... it could even theoretically have its own icon  :o  ;D

BTW it is currently an amazing program, just wish some creators wouldn't be as obscure (eg cleanitol.txt ???) so we can just unpack all to one folder and go through methodically :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Andreas

That's a great idea indeed - much more convenient and intuitive than manually open any "obscure" Cleanitol files. :)
Andreas

wouanagaine

you can specify any file, the extension is not really important for Cleanitol, now it is just authors work to rename the txt into something more specific

The only thing to be done from my side is the "running from the correct folder"

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

JoeST

I dont get what you mean there wou, if you mean we can open any old file then ok, but what about double click and open types? yeah i think i just realised what you mean, just right click on the filetype and "open with" > "select program" > "cleanitol"

EDIT: sorry, seems that the exe cant open files directly, is this what you mean when you said "correct folder" ? it comes up with this error whenever you try and open a file directly << from outside the cleanitol program files folder, I get you now... sorry for not understanding before LOL

I used a filetype .sc4cleanup, and made it open with bsc cleanitol tm.exe this works fine, would be nice if it  auto scanned.

I would suggest that the best place for the cleanitol files to be installed to would be the BSC_Cleanitol file in the mydocs file? makes a change LOL no other reason

What do you mean "from the correct folder"? doesnt it just open the txt file and then scan through the mydocs plugin folder? sorry if im wrong

Joe

Jim94

Quote from: wouanagaine on December 09, 2007, 11:48:02 PM
You have the link for what ?

the cleanitol thingy, but it doesnt show where to download it.

JoeST

To get it you need a SC4D LEX account which you can create here.
Then follow this link to directly download the files.

Hope this helps

Joe

Edit for url tag ~Wouanagaine~

Bluebeard

What is the difference between BSC Essentials Dat and BSC Essentials OG?.
   I just download the NDEX lots off LEX and according to the Cleanitol I'm missing BSC Essentials Dat but I have BSC Essentials OG.So is there 2 BSC Essentials?.Thanx

BarbyW

You should have BSC Essentials, BB, as without it you can't see many of the BSC lot queries. The BSC Essentials OG is an old file and you should delete it when you install BSC Essentials
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Bluebeard

Thanx Goddess.
   So if I do have the Essentials then why is the Cleanitol telling me to go it?.Thanx

BarbyW

I have no idea, BB,  $%Grinno$% Your computer and plugins remain a mystery to me.

Bluebeard

Could it be Vista?.
   Should I redownload the Essentials then dump the OG or leave it as is?.Thanx again Goddess.

BarbyW

Redownload the Essentials - linked in my post above and dump the OG one. Please don't move the installed files as they need to be where they are placed.

Jim94

Quote from: star.torturer on December 10, 2007, 10:43:30 PM
To get it you need a SC4D LEX account which you can create here.
Then follow this link to directly download the files.

Hope this helps

Joe

Edit for url tag ~Wouanagaine~

Thnx u, finally!
ive downloaded it.
Thnx u

Jim94

problem here.
it says when i run it on start > all programs > SC4 Utilites > BSC Cleanitol TM > BSC Cleanitol TM    then.....

"See the logfile "C:\Program Files\BSCCleanitol\BSC Cleanitol TM.exe.log" for details"

wat happened and how can i fix it?   ()what()   %confuso 

wouanagaine

Have you ""See the logfile "C:\Program Files\BSCCleanitol\BSC Cleanitol TM.exe.log" for details"" ?
Please dump its contents here, so I may help fix it

But first I'm pretty sure you have not read the readme and downloaded the necessary dlls

New Horizons Productions

RippleJet

Quote from: wouanagaine on December 11, 2007, 11:50:45 PM
But first I'm pretty sure you have not read the readme and downloaded the necessary dlls

And I'm still pretty sure you still haven't written the readme! :D
I think I should stick a post-it note to your monitor saying writeme... ::)

Regarding those necessary dll's, read this post and Wouanagaine's reply to it: :thumbsup:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=236.msg13499#msg13499

wouanagaine

Quote from: RippleJet on December 12, 2007, 02:55:34 AM
And I'm still pretty sure you still haven't written the readme! :D
So you're implying he has not read it because I have not write it ??? That is not an excuse

Quote from: RippleJet on December 12, 2007, 02:55:34 AM
I think I should stick a post-it note to your monitor saying writeme... ::)
I do not have monitor, only a keyboard, a mouse, and a PC tower  :P

New Horizons Productions

JoeST

hmmm... the lack of a monitor doesnt suprise me... but a mouse ?? lol

and yeah i dont think thats a good excuse either :p

now, I might be wrong, but when you scan and you have files that arnt needed (ie removables) it doesnt prompt you to remove them... it just says that there is no missing dependancies :( lol how hard would it be....

Joe