• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Vandals Fjella

Started by Glenni, May 04, 2007, 09:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenni

Sorry for not updating a while.. and the fact that i let my MD just get in the inactive MDs section.

It takes some time with this city, just all the custom lotting alone does take much time. In addition school takes some time. But as you all probably know, what steals most of my SC4 time is BAT.  &mmm

But yeah, here it is. I'll also show some pics of areas that are still works in progress.

Vandals Fjella is and will most probably always be an unfinished MD. :D

First, the Peoples Republic of Sakhaliya   has just recently opened their new embassy in the city. The streets are somewhat quiet now, but this building might be a hotspot for protests in the future.

Unfinished work:

Out goes the wall to wall areas, and in come the box stores and other spacewasting things.

This will probably be surrounded by some more wall to wall houses, and then some grass. it's hard to make transitions between wall to wall to single standing houses. Because there's so few w2w's that are 1-2 floors.

And finally, some overviews:

Yoman

Great to see your still working on this Glenni, looking excellent!

Pat

Its real great to see an update from you Glenni!!! Just a small tip to avoid it from dropping into the inactive MD section just do some replies and throw in a teaser here and there to keep it going...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Nice to see a new update, Glenni!! And that's great work here! Wonderful pictures of your city! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next update...

Glenni

Got some news for ya...

My desktop PC (the one that i BAT and play SC4 on is dead, it won't start, all i get is a messagethat one of the Windows System files are damaged, and i should reinstall Windows XP, but won't that just wipe everything i had on the computer? So for now, this MD is dead , as is my BATting. :'(

All i got now is this crappy laptop, but that won't do well  for SC4, BATting, or anything related to that.

vester

That is bad news. Hope you find a way to recover your data.

I had a problem like that once. I bought a new HD on which I installed windows on.
Then I connected the old hd as well and got the data out of it.

Glenni

Well i do have this laptop i could store the stuff on, would that work?

Shadow Assassin

That might work...

By the way, you can do a repair install and not lose anything... but back it up just in case.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

You've gotten some good advice here Glenn and all I can do now is wish you good luck in recovering your stuff...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Glenni

Great news, folks! Vandals fjella, all my sc4 stuff + 3dsmax and GMAX is backed up, and copied onto this new pc.

I will sometimes continue to work on Vandals Fjella, but i am also starting a second MD, do not close this one though, moderators, i want to keep both, it should be possibly for these MDs  to coexist, what this new MD is, you'll see when i start it. It will remain a surprise to you for now.

Yoman

Glad your all set up again.

Glenni

Here's a lil piccie, to show you all's well...

warconstruct

splendid sight , the diagonal buildings are very well used !

I am in a hurry to see your next update !
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

penguin007

The master of diaganol buildings is back!! That pic is awesome and I cant wait to see some more close ups

Will