• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ichigamin

Started by projectadam, July 11, 2009, 11:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strategist01

Olympic Terrain mod. Nice! :thumbsup: So, social commentary pizaa equals gold...I'll have to remember that!

It's going very well so far! Out of interest, why is there a tiny island at the top there? What are you going to do with that? Doesn't look very usefull.

Otherwise, great work! &apls

dizflip

interesting!
surely it took a lot of work! can't wait to see its fruitation!

Please visit my MD! Also, come over to the League of Nations and be a part of it! We'd love to see you there!

Luke09

2 PAGES !
Hey Dam!Nice job with the city...wich water mod do you use?
And can you send your website's link?Its about what?Good Luck with the site and the MD
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

projectadam

Well, we are starting to put the final touches on the terraforming and transportation is starting to be placed in its final spots. I am just going to provide some little teasers on what is happening. Let us backtrack a little bit and examine a question that Luke09 posted after the second update.

"...On that big square in the center of the city, maybe a park there?..."

I believe that Luke09 was referring to this square:

Here is the before image:

and the after, a major intersection for the Ichigamin Motorway 43/94:

Finally a look at the progress being made with a look at the traffic view:

REPLIES:

Strategist01: I think this is the island you are talking about:

It is going to serve as just a little breakwater for what I have in mind for placing on the coast. As always, thanks for stopping by.

dizflip: Thanks for stopping by and I wanted to also compliment you on how great the Republic of Jiesan is looking. I love the emblem and might be sending some PMs your way to have you help me with mine.

Luke09: Thanks for the compliments. I believe the water mod I am using is dogfight's water mods and the specific one is muddy lake. It can be found here: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19058
In addition, the website can be found at www.bullocklongfuneralhome.com. As the name implies it is for a funeral home that is located back in my hometown.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

djvandrake

Wow!  Very elaborate.  I'll be watching this with a good deal of interest.   :thumbsup:

Luke09

Better than a park i think  ()stsfd() ,nice intersection,and thanks for the water mod...I think everything its getting in shape...good luck  :thumbsup:
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Battlecat

Wow!  This is some impressive pre-planning you've got going here.  Nice job on that interchange! 

Nexis4Jersey

wow, can't wait intill this becomes a full city :thumbsup:

Strategist01

Ah, a break water. I see. Veery nice work you have there! That interchange...is...amazing  &apls

projectadam

Well judging from the picture below, this can mean only one thing...

THE TERRAFORMING FOR THIS TILE IS COMPLETE!!! Wow, I did not have any idea that this would take so long when I started. I think this project will be around for about the rest of my life. Since I have only placed a couple of rail and water related buildings I think I will save those pictures until the area is developed a little more.

What I do have for right now is a look at the three major interchanges located in this city tile (thanks for reminding me of the word Battlecat. I came across a brain hiccup and could not think of the right word, intersection was the only thing that could come to mind). We have already looked at the off/on ramps for the IM (Ichigamin Motorway) 43/94 but here it is again just to refresh your memories.

This intersection splits IM 43/94. IM 43 continues to run toward the top side of the picture, IM 94 continues to run toward the left side of the picture, IM 794 is a new road designation which is used for the stretch that continues to run toward the right side of the picture, and the IM 43/94 off/on ramps that was featured in the last picture is located approximately 75 game squares further down from the bottom of this picture.

The last interchange we are going to examine at this time is the IM 794. This picture is rotated 90 degrees so the interchange that we looked at in the previous picture is approximately 100 game squares past the top of this picture. IM 794 comes from the top and follows the coast to the left side of this picture and shares off/on ramps with a Memorial Drive, which will be named later.

Finally, what would one of my updates be without the traffic view with the transportation options highlighted?

I do not know what the next step is going to be. The fun part would be to start building this city tile but I do not know if I should terraform the surrounding tiles first so that the city connections will be working before growth takes place. I also would like to take suggestions on a couple of things, I would like to get recommendations on what you think are some of the best:
road top bus stations
waterfront lots (I need to address the slopes of my canals)

Like I said, I do not know what is next for my region but I do know that the next thing in my post is:

REPLIES:

djvandrake: Thanks for stopping by, hopefully I have kept your interest at a point that you will be stopping by again.

Luke09: Thanks for the compliments on the road and I promise I will not disappoint by putting in some amazing parks (maybe one of them will even be named Luke Park).

Battlecat: As I mentioned in the post, thanks for the word I was looking for. I hope that the preplanning will make things easier in the long run, using the carpenter model "measure twice, cut once."

Nexis4Jersey: Glad that you followed me here from my previous MD Elizabeth County, which ended sooner than I was hoping to end it. Crossing my fingers that this one is around for the long haul.

Strategist01: I need to play around with the breakwaters a little bit but hopefully it will turn out the way I envision. Thanks for stopping by and the compliments on the interchange.

Strategist01

yeah, you might want to terra form the tiles around it, but I think that maybe give those a more naturalistic feel to make that the city centre, and the rest around it slightly less built up. Maybe the eight tiles around it, could be terraformed in this way, but then everything else would just have a go with the flow sort of feel to it? Just a suggestion :)

nice update there my friend, and well done on the terraforming  &apls

Splime

This is looking very nice! I love your highway interchanges, as they are compact and space efficient, something which I'm not so good at. I can't wait to see how this develops!

Luke09

Wow Dam,beauty intersections,its looking pretty good.One tile terraforming down...Good Luck,and do not procrastinate  $%Grinno$%
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

KoV Liberty

Looks good! :thumbsup: Will definately be sticking around!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

projectadam

Greetings all, just doing a quick midweek update. Terraforming has started on the second tile, located north of the first one. It is coming along slowly but surely, here is the current progress on the tile.

I had a good idea of what the back-story of the region was going to be but I continue to do research and improve the storyline. I am hoping that I will be posting the history of the region but wanted to hold off for a major update and also for some development to take place. In the meantime, I still am looking for some recommendations on road top bus stations, waterfront lots/walls and if anyone has any good readings on ancient town development around castles. Thanks for hanging in there and now time for some...

REPLIES:

Strategist01: Thanks for the words of encouragement and I agree. I am going to hold off on the satisfaction of development and continue with the terraforming.

Splime: Interchanges are hard to do. We still need some more puzzle pieces to make them look fantastic but I get a lot of inspiration from looking at interchanges in MapQuest and Google Earth and that usually tends to help a lot.

Luke09: No procrastination on the SC4 front, maybe a little in RL though $%Grinno$%

Driftmaster07: Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you around.

Luke09

Hum...A river....that can give some ideas  :)
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

chasespncr

that is one hell of a transit system!

jimbo_jj

That's a lot of work you did on the road network before you laid down any roads! ??? Nice job.
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

KoV Liberty

Looks good! Can't wait to see some development.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

djvandrake

Good progress.  Looking forward to seeing things grow.  :)