• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ichigamin

Started by projectadam, July 11, 2009, 11:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

projectadam

Oooooooooooo, we are getting close to actually doing some development in the region. The second tile's network is almost completely laid out and now I just need to level out the surface and it will be completed on the terraforming front. I actually finished it a couple of days ago and I was hoping that I would have two tiles to display but I still have about 150 tiles of coastline to create on my third tile. With any luck and no major setbacks, I believe we will have development start around 08/16/09. A little bit of housekeeping, I have not had anyone recommend:
Waterfront/walls

Here are a couple of pictures to document the progress on the second tile.

Northwest side of the city tile.

Southwest side of the city tile with the bottom connecting to the first tile.

Northeast side of the city tile. The large gap is going to have a very small river running through it and I have not quite decided on using plop pieces or the in game water, any thoughts?

Southeast side of the city tile plus...

A zoomed in picture of the southeast, which highlights what I think, will be the most interesting area of this city tile, a marina.

And of course, the signature traffic view of the city tile.

Thanks for stopping by and as I said, with any luck things should get a little more exciting when development hits this week! I am hoping that the release of the new Madden does not slow down my SC4 playing time too much :D Until the next time, how about some...

REPLIES:

Luke09: You guessed correctly, a river that will provide excellent areas of recreation and some expensive waterfront property.

chasespncr: Welcome to the grid! Also, welcome to SC4Devotion and I am honored that you would make one of your first posts here, please let me know if I can help you here at SC4Devotion in any way.

jimbo_jj: Thanks for the compliment and it is kind of a weird way to design a city but it is working for me, so far... The same goes for you, thanks for making one of your first posts here and please let me know if I can help you here in any way.

Driftmaster07: Thanks for stopping by and I will echo the thoughts on your MD Atrubia. If you have not stopped by, I would highly recommend checking it out. As it says, just click on his pic ;)

djvandrake: Thanks for coming by again and I hope that the growth of the region does not disappoint.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Albus of Garaway

Have you tried Marrast's seawalls? I'm not sure what kind of feel you want for the city, so it's difficult to suggest certain lots. There's a wonderful collection of waterfront lots, including some buildings, in the "WFK" section of the LEX. You should definitely take a look there, if you haven't already: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/fr_main.htm

Good luck! :)

-Jason

djvandrake

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the marina.  I seem to struggle with those so I'll be watching with much interest.  :)

Luke09

Jeronij Seawalls
Marrast Walls
Peg Seawalls

i recommend these...i just do not have links,but jeronij you can find easily here in SC4.And nice terraforming  :thumbsup:
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Scarton

My, what an unusual way to terraform and put in the road network. That must have taken hours. Great job! :thumbsup:

projectadam

Chapter I

Important Characters:
Charles X Gustav, King of the Swedish Empire from (1654 - 1660)
Gudbrand Magnus "God's Sword"
Nils Magnus "Victor of the People"

Act I: Faithful General
We catch up with our hero Gudbrand, who has just been called to meet with the King of the Swedish Empire, Charles X Gustav. The year is 1659...

Charles X Gustav: "I have been keeping a close eye on you most faithful Gudbrand. You have learned a great deal about life and war, from your earlier days as just a page to King Gustavus Adolphus, to your later teen years under Lennart Torstenson. You also fought very skilled and ambitiously at Riga."

Battle of Riga(1)

Gudbrand: "Thank you Majesty."

Charles X Gustav: "You have also learned a great deal about people serving as Lord High Constable and have demonstrated excellent leadership ability. The reason I have called you is that we have lost our standing in the New World. I want you to lead a group and explore the Americas."

Gudbrand: "Yes Majesty."

Charles X Gustav: "You have been a most Faithful General. Prepare for your leave."

Act II: He ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
Gudbrand is preparing his men and supplies while discussing the future with his younger brother, Nils.

Nils: "If you believe that I am going to stay behind in the shadows of Gabriel De la Gardie, while you are off creating history, I guess I do not even know my own brother."

Gudbrand chuckles: "Nils, I know that you are the wisest man in the world when it comes to domestic and foreign affairs. If Gabriel De la Gardie was not the King's brother-in-law, we both know who would be the most trusted advisor. Besides, you have an excellent diplomatic relationship with the French and we will need to rely on their help if we want anyone to remember us in history."

Nils: "Oh, so I see how it is. I am only invited because YOU get something out of it."

Gudbrand wraps his arm around his brother and smiles: "Of course that is the reason Nils, plus you will be good company."

Act III: Journey to the Unknown
The Docks, summer of 1659

Gudbrand: "Brother, if you have any doubts, now is the time to speak up."

Nils: "I believe the time to speak up would have been several weeks ago. No doubts, I have lived for this day!"

Gudbrand's Ships Sailing to Sea(2)

Gudbrand and Nils would sail and land in the New World. With an already great relationship with the French, Nils would come across the stories and travels of Étienne Brûlé. This would lead our heroes to establish a fort and trading post in current day Michigan.

Map of the New Settlement Circled in Red, New Stockholm(3)

REPLIES:

First, I hope you have enjoyed a slight change of pace from the design aspect of the game. I would also like to draw your attention to the first post, which now includes a proper introduction. Before I get to the replies am I forgetting anything... Oh yeah, THANKS FOR OVER 1,000 PAGE VIEWS!

Driftmaster: Thanks for the compliments and for stopping by.

Jason (Albus of Garaway): Yeah, I started thinking that just asking for seawalls without giving any idea of how they might be used leaves the door wide open. I have done several searches on the LEX but for some reason never recall seeing Marrast's seawalls until you called my attention to them. They will look great in certain areas of my region and I also stumbled across a lot of Marrast's stuff on the STEX which I think will make an excellent contribution to my region (but the dependencies and files are a little harder to figure out but I will work it out). Thanks for the excellent recommendation and hope you drop by again.

djvandrake: Thanks for stopping by and I hope that the development of my marina will inspire you in the creations of yours.

Luke09: Thanks for the recommendations and all three creators you listed are now found in my plugin folder.

citycapitalizer: Thanks for the compliments on the transportation network and you are correct, it takes a long time. I am applying the rules of carpentry "measure twice, cut once" and hoping that the extra time upfront will pay off in the end.

Once again, I would like to thank those that have left their comments and the readers that have put Ichigamin over the 1000 mark. Hope to see you all back here soon :)

References:

(1)Lemke, Johann Phillip. Battle of Warsaw. 1656.
(2)van Diest, Willem. Ships at Sea. n.d.
(3)Bernou, Claude. Map of America. 1681.

calibanX

And the suspense builds. Your highway networks are very well built. You're approaching the part I like best, the city building. This is a great project.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

shaylan221

The suspense is killing me. I'm ready to start seeing some roads.
Come check out my new exciting MD:

"The Life of a Tour Guide"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11351.0

Luke09

Good...I think we will see some development soon  :thumbsup:
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

KoV Liberty

Quote from: shaylan221 on August 13, 2009, 04:18:45 PM
The suspense is killing me. I'm ready to start seeing some roads.

Me too! And don't 4get the buildings! ;)

Adrian, I miss you man.

djvandrake

Time for some popcorn,  :D this is getting good!  ;D

Battlecat

That is a huge terraforming project!  Very impressive. 

Even better, some story to go along with it, looking forward to more! 

Tomas Neto

Woww!!! Amazing update!!! Awesome!!!  :thumbsup:

tooheys

You do have a unique method of terraforming and while I myself couldn't work that way, the end results are very nice indeed :thumbsup: (I'm just not that patient I'm afraid  ;) )

Looking forward to the upcoming development and to see what you do with the areas you have created. Good to see a background story as well.

Cheers

Dave

projectadam

Welcome back to Ichigamin. Sorry it has taken me a little longer to get a reply out than I was expecting, development in the game has slowed a little bit but I wanted to let everyone to know that I am still plugging away on the region and you can call off the search party.

One reason that things have slowed down is that I am accepting a new job and this means relocation back to the state I grew up. Our (my wife and I) families still live back in Nebraska so it will be nice being 4 hours away from my family and home (opposed to 13 hours currently) and just an hour drive to the In-Laws. The big start date is on the 8th so I am doing some minor packing and just trying to tie up as much as I can here before I take off. Unfortunately this means my wife and I are going to be apart for a little bit until I get established in the new city but I plan on staying cheered up by spending time with my SC4Devotion family (and I am guessing a ton of free night minutes on the cell phone with my wife).

Anyways though, how about we take a look at a couple of teaser screenshots of what is in store about 20 years from where we last left off in the story.

Oil on Canvas, Gudbrand Castle (1)

Small Farm and Lumber Production

The storyline is always going to follow chronological order (I think) but to keep things interesting, I will display pictures from anytime during the founding of Ichigamin to what it looks like present day. I am one tile development away to starting some work on the Ichigamin International Airport, which I think should make for some great pictures. Until then,

REPLIES:

Geoff (calibanx): Thanks for stopping by and for the words of encouragement. It is not full-blown city building yet but hope that you do not have to wait too much longer.

shaylan221: There is a couple of roads in this update but not too many. Thanks for making one of your first couple of posts here at Ichigamin.

Luke09: We are getting there, thanks for sticking in there since the beginning.

Driftmaster07: A couple of buildings have been spotted.

djvandrake: Coming across your reply, I am thinking that popcorn sounds like a good late night snack right about now.

Battlecat: Glad you liked the change in pace with some of the historical story side being explored last update. Thanks for coming by and for this being a "huge terraforming project", everyone is just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Tomas Neto: Thanks for taking the time away from being in the OSITM to visit Ichigamin. For those of you who have not had a chance to visit Vale Paulista yet, DO SO NOW! It is okay, Ichigamin will still be here and if you are lucky, djvandrake and I will save you some popcorn ;)

Dave (tooheys): Thanks for stopping by and I wish you luck on the start of your new region Clontarf. I can say the same about your MD in that I am excited to seeing the upcoming development.

References:

(1)Artist Unknown. Gudbrand Castle. 1700

KoV Liberty

Looks great! I wish you guys safe travels...

Adrian, I miss you man.

sumwonyuno

&apls

That is a wonderful transportation planning strategy.  It gives me inspiration and ideas for what I can do.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Tomas Neto

This is a beautiful effect, of the first image in photoshop! And I'll be here following the next updates! :thumbsup:

woodb3kmaster

After helping you out in your search for info on Heathrow, my curiosity about the wider context of your planned airport got the best of me. I have to say, I admire your terraforming and planning. Ichigamin looks like it will be wonderful once it's developed, and I can't wait to see your airport. I wish you a safe journey back to Nebraska and look forward to what's next!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8