• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TM question. Prop models missing?

Started by jplumbley, February 24, 2007, 06:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

Alrighty, since I am being a TM at the moment.  I have the CSX mega packs 1 to 5, CSX 2006b, SG mega pack and deadwoods mega pack installed right now.  I am in the process of creating my own lots from other peoples models.

I started tonight making some custom modular golf course holes for myself.  I used a couple CSX prop families for trees, the family IDs are:

0xa5a00119
0xa5a0011a

I get brown boxes in-game with these 2 families.  I dont understand how or why.  Unless there are prop exemplars within one of the CSX prop packs that are using models from outside the pack that I dont have installed.

Colyn, or whoever knows, could you please explain to me why these are coming up as brown boxes and where the models can be found?

Thanks for help in advance.
JPlumbley
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Colyn

Might sound sort of silly but I think Barby is better at this than me ;)
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

vester

Try run your lot through the dependencies scanner in SC4Tools. You should be able to see what is missing.

BarbyW

So far as I can see all the models for the trees for those two families are in CSX MEGA Props Vol03. I can only suggest re installing that pack as there are no outside models used in those two families.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jplumbley

Thanks Barbyw.

I will see what happens when I get home about re-installing the pack.  Its just kinda of wierd that I would get the Prop Families but not the models.

Who knew that could happen.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jplumbley

OK... now this is wierd.  I tried re-installing, it decided to do the same thing.  So I downloaded the new CSX Mega 3 and re-installed it again.  And once again it was leaving the same trees as brown boxes.  Barby you recieved the pics I took dor the lots I created, Im confused now.  There are essentials I have aswell in my Maxis\plugins folder.  Could there be a conflicting file in here?

Maxis Folder:

My Documents Folder:

Street Addon Mod - SAM

BarbyW

It might help if I could see the pics.

jplumbley

The pics have been fixed...  Thanks Barby

Street Addon Mod - SAM

BarbyW

I see you still have a copy of CSX BAT Props 16. This was actually incorporated into CSX MEGA Props Vol04. You also have some odd textures that have been put into BSC MEGA Props SG Vol01 and BSC Textures Vol01. Apart from that I cannot see any reason why the trees are not showing. Maybe you could send me one of the pieces so I could have a look and see what is wrong. I will PM my email address to you.