• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bipin's BAT Boutique

Started by Bipin, November 20, 2011, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nos.17

Looks great so far!  ;)

As for the storefronts, and keeping with the sort of dilapidated outdated theme, how about some cheap little restaurants? I can already imagine some sort of small family-owned Asian eatery (Bon's Chinese, Peking Garden, or Lulu's Rice & Noodles). Sorry for the crappy images...they're the best I could find quickly.  &mmm

Also, I agree with one of dyoungyn's posts: a 'For Lease' sign and an empty storefront would be cool to see too. Unfortunately, those are all too common.

metarvo

Almost every small town has at least one of these vintage shopping centers, and many larger cities have several at key intersections.  These older centers tend to have spaces which are either abandoned or filled with fly-by-night stores which no doubt replaced something better.  Alternatively, they may still have local hardware or drug stores, and the anchor store is typically a supermarket. 

It looks like the anchor is already taken here, so as such I will suggest "Barnes Hardware" (red on white) and "Wilson Drug" (black on orange) as potential tenant names.  Of course, the other suggestions are fine, too, including "For Lease."  :) 

Nice work, Bipin.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Bipin

Thank you for the kind words everyone. Turns out I've exported the building! :D

Here, we've got Fabland - the anchor store - which is either a grocery or a fabric store taking from the Fabricland and Foodland brands. To the left, we've got a Chinese market of some sort, and to its left we've got...

Well, I... I just don't know.  :D  :P For the next few buildings (this will be released as a modular set) I'll be sure to add some Chinese restaurants that failed to pass their health inspections, some drug stores with filthy washrooms, vacant lots for lease, and a Home Despot, err... I mean, Home Depot sort of store.  :laugh: Meanwhile...

Thanks to me, your overpasses are about to get renovated!

Thanks to Samerton and I, your MHW is about to as well!

Enjoy!  :thumbsup:

Catalyst

O yeah, the overpass I like a lot, well done  &apls

GameFrog

This overpass is sublime!  &apls

vortext

You got potatoes!  ;D

The new texture for the MHW looks a bit off the me though, the gradients especially. Why doesn't it have the same wear and tear as the overpass, that looks a lot better imho.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

reddonquixote

Ah, yes, classic Bipin :bnn: Please don't stop  ;D
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

belfastsocrates

Those look absolutely superb! I probably wouldn't use them as I favour asphalt (tarmac) for my roads but they do look absolutely fantastic.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Bipin

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'll be releasing the overpasses soon, along with some retaining walls and whatnot.

Quote from: vortext on December 31, 2015, 04:33:57 AM
You got potatoes!  ;D

The new texture for the MHW looks a bit off the me though, the gradients especially. Why doesn't it have the same wear and tear as the overpass, that looks a lot better imho.

The texture is close to being done, but it's still preliminary. Things like wear and tear on the edges of the road (currently visible on the inside shoulder) are still being worked out. What do you mean by the gradients though? I'm not sure if this answers your question, but since the left lane isn't really supposed to be driven in, except for passing, the right lane sees much more traffic, thus why its darker. Unfortunately I can't use the bridge texture since it is not tiled. The texture has been rotated or mirrored throughout the length of the overpass. Without these subtle changes, this texture looks quite bad when tiled. However, I do plan to add some grooves in the concrete, and separate it into slabs. :)

Vizoria

That's great news! One can never have enough grungy concrete bats and lots.

mattb325

These look brilliant - the grungy stores turned out brilliantly  &apls

kei00051

Looks brilliant! &apls &apls
Sorry if I'm talking like an idiot but can we possibly make "starter pieces" for those concrete highways?

romualdillo

Your last works look fantastic!  :thumbsup:

mgb204

Quote from: kei00051 on January 03, 2016, 02:26:57 PM
Sorry if I'm talking like an idiot but can we possibly make "starter pieces" for those concrete highways?

If by that you mean making them an optional override so multiple styles can exist, such as the SAM networks, then no.

Bipin

Quote from: mgb204 on January 03, 2016, 03:03:55 PM
Quote from: kei00051 on January 03, 2016, 02:26:57 PM

If by that you mean making them an optional override so multiple styles can exist, such as the SAM networks, then no.

Unfortunately, that is beyond our control. Now now, I know what you're going to say... Despite what you may think though, Samerton and I are not modding gods, we're geniuses at best.  ::) :D

This, however, is completely under my control:

So let me know what you think!

compdude787

Ooh, that looks like it's gonna be a nice, fancy, expensive house!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vortext

Looking at the textures quite a few times, it suddenly occurred what's nagging me: there're no discernible tire tracks, which incidentally the overpass does have. I get that the right lane gets more usage, however, atm it look like it's only driven on by huge motorcycles.  $%Grinno$%

Strangely the same issue (i.e. no tire tracks) doesn't bother me on the default RHW textures, probably because it's black-on-black and both lanes are equal in appearance. The light concrete in combination with the unevenly darkened lanes, however, make the texture seem unhinged to me. But that could be just me.  :D

New houses looks very nice indeed.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Girafe

New house sounds promising and quite luxury R$$$ as per their volume :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Bipin

Thank you for the kind words on the houses everyone. I am working on procedural shingles, and they're coming along well.

Quote from: vortext on January 04, 2016, 11:21:44 AM
Looking at the textures quite a few times, it suddenly occurred what's nagging me: there're no discernible tire tracks, which incidentally the overpass does have. I get that the right lane gets more usage, however, atm it look like it's only driven on by huge motorcycles.  $%Grinno$%

Strangely the same issue (i.e. no tire tracks) doesn't bother me on the default RHW textures, probably because it's black-on-black and both lanes are equal in appearance. The light concrete in combination with the unevenly darkened lanes, however, make the texture seem unhinged to me. But that could be just me.  :D

New houses looks very nice indeed.  :thumbsup:

Ah, good catch. I agree, something didn't look quite right with those textures. Tire marks must be the answer. Consider it done.

matias93

Consider also that rightmost lanes usually have more tire marks due to exits and cars stopping to the shoulders. It would be great (and most surely really difficult) to have random diagonal tire marks caused by emergency braking.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895