• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

European House Add-on (EHA) by Gn_Leugim

Started by gn_leugim, July 30, 2012, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

well, I was wondering in making some R$$ condos, and start looking for some in google maps.

I hava found this one: https://maps.google.pt/?ll=51.097186,2.579475&spn=0.001735,0.003449&t=k&z=18&layer=c&cbll=51.097219,2.578616&panoid=Nf9NGesEFlMOzdP4LOZ14g&cbp=12,344.46,,0,-24.08

but I have a small doubt... does it look R$$ or R$$$? XD

Also, if you have real life suggestion I will look into them :P

gn_leugim

gn_leugim

tetra post ftw!  :P

Progress:

Textures 95%
Modeling 95%
Lights 0%

All I have left to do is add some more details, texture them and add the lights.

Critics are welcome :)

FrankU

Nice condo again, although to my taste a bit too many small balconies.
But I'd say: go ahead!

gn_leugim

thanks. I just follow up the model. it is as it is :p (or kinda XD)

art128

Excellent work Carlos. This new model is wonderful.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

Thank you very much Art :)

And new update.

Yes, new windows, new textures and details added. Next step night lights.

gn_leugim

does it look better now?

:)

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

memo

I like it a lot. :thumbsup: There's not anything to object.

metarvo

Nice job!  I like those rounded balconies.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

gn_leugim

gn_leugim

For those who wonder, I am not dead, I'm alive and good. But as I got a job I have little schedule for Bating and for whatever do in SC4, I only play a bit here and there, but no much Bating. I got home pretty tired and I just don't fill like bating right then. I'll try to keep up with you guys on your threads andwho knows in the future :thumbsup:

metarvo

Don't worry about it, RL first and SC4 second.  It's just good to see you show up.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Diggis

Quote from: gn_leugim on February 28, 2013, 11:39:57 AM
well, I was wondering in making some R$$ condos, and start looking for some in google maps.

I hava found this one: https://maps.google.pt/?ll=51.097186,2.579475&spn=0.001735,0.003449&t=k&z=18&layer=c&cbll=51.097219,2.578616&panoid=Nf9NGesEFlMOzdP4LOZ14g&cbp=12,344.46,,0,-24.08

but I have a small doubt... does it look R$$ or R$$$? XD

Also, if you have real life suggestion I will look into them :P

Just saw this and thought I'd comment with some personal experience in being part of a design team for residential developments. In the last couple I've worked on the Market (R$$$) apartments were significantly smaller than the affordable (R$ and R$$) apartments because the affordable apartments were managed by a leasing company and had strict guidelines for sizes etc, where as the market ones could be whatever size the developer wanted and there is pressure on the architects to squeeze more apartments into a smaller space.

Added to that, from the exterior of these buildings it's hard to tell what value of tenants they're aimed at. Once the development is finished I'll post some of the images. I'd love a good Batter to have a crack at them, as they are very architecturally aesthetic buildings.

gn_leugim

QuoteIn the last couple I've worked on the Market (R$$$) apartments were significantly smaller than the affordable (R$ and R$$) apartments because the affordable apartments were managed by a leasing company and had strict guidelines for sizes etc, where as the market ones could be whatever size the developer wanted and there is pressure on the architects to squeeze more apartments into a smaller space.

But on the other hand, more space means more luxurious no? I mean, you pay for the extras, but also for more living room, a wealth person wants to live in a wide space where he has not to tackle other to pass by in the rooms. that's the idea I have for R$$$ buildings, less apartments per floor and it is the trend by my sides, here in Portugal.

QuoteAdded to that, from the exterior of these buildings it's hard to tell what value of tenants they're aimed at. Once the development is finished I'll post some of the images. I'd love a good Batter to have a crack at them, as they are very architecturally aesthetic buildings.

I can take a look at them, having them batted that is another matter, because, as you can read above, my time now ain't much. But I can't say I couldn't either  ::)

Diggis

Quote from: gn_leugim on May 17, 2013, 01:08:33 PM
QuoteIn the last couple I've worked on the Market (R$$$) apartments were significantly smaller than the affordable (R$ and R$$) apartments because the affordable apartments were managed by a leasing company and had strict guidelines for sizes etc, where as the market ones could be whatever size the developer wanted and there is pressure on the architects to squeeze more apartments into a smaller space.

But on the other hand, more space means more luxurious no? I mean, you pay for the extras, but also for more living room, a wealth person wants to live in a wide space where he has not to tackle other to pass by in the rooms. that's the idea I have for R$$$ buildings, less apartments per floor and it is the trend by my sides, here in Portugal.

You would think so wouldn't you. I wouldn't pay good money for some of these apartments. It's more because the affordable management and regulations have strict controls, whereas the market drives the more expensive properties.

Quote from: gn_leugim on May 17, 2013, 01:08:33 PM

I can take a look at them, having them batted that is another matter, because, as you can read above, my time now ain't much. But I can't say I couldn't either  ::)

Cheers, I'll put them one once the hoarding etc is down and i can get some better photos.

keepmada

I applaud the simple, yet uncommon concept of utilizing Maxis content to add variety while avoiding dependencies.  When I discovered that a few of the uploads in this project include CAM versions, I wanted to determine what made them special.  I looked at "Berto's Home" first and could find no differences between the CAM desc file and the normal one with ILive Reader.  So, I used WinMerge to compare them and was shocked to discover that the two files are identical!  The same is also true for "Bertos' Place" and the others!  This left me slightly disheartened and wondering if there really is anything unique about a CAM low-stage, low-density lot.
:-\

gn_leugim

hey there

first glad you liked my idea, I appreciate it :)

about the first releases they had a CAM version for two reason, one there was some talking about making a new version of CAM with revamped residents in small houses and two because I didn't know very well what I was doing back then...  :-[ &ops

So, in basis, yes, there are no differences, and in my latter releases you only find one version of it :)

gn_leugim

Hey, do you remember me? I hope so [:P]

Well, although work has not gave me a slack, (and hopefully it wont until December at least) I manage to get work done in gmax here and then. I have two currently undergoing... things...

The first one is a recycling of the tank I have made some time ago which ended up like this:

The second one is a regular thing on this bat, residential stuff, some R$$ apartments. Although I am not particularly glad with this one and I still have no idea how I will finish the ground floor (the purple area)

I will, hopefully be dropping some news :)

thanks for reviewing :)