• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rail Road

Started by tkirch, October 26, 2007, 06:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkirch

This is where I have so much trouble ... making realistic train intersections.  Let's hear what some of you would do in the following situation.

First an overall Picture.

Next two zooms

My plans are at the T-Intersection of the roads is where I will be building a small town.  Now I need the rail to possibly go west somewhere.  And I want to merge what I have already.  I have tried different things but it looks stupid.  I know I will need to add both freight and rail stations, but where and what is the best way to bring these three rails together and then take another route west or to the left.  Give me your thoughts people.  I love to hear what the experts in here think.

cogeo

In reality rail tracks have much higher radiouses for turns. This is not possible by using the draggable rail laying tool. The best I can think of is the puzzle pieces of the newest NAM. For freight it may look better laying a spur or siding; unfortunately no single-track rail in SC4/NAM.

empyreal

I am curious about the capacities required, in my traffic volume window its dark blue.  I have added additional tracks beside the original but im curious if its more effective to use that to bypass track intersections and stations?  How realisitic is the train system?  Whats the max cap and to have it function properly are the additional bypass tracks neccessary.   Do the trains only travel one direction / side of each dual track piece?

aaaling

Quote from: cogeo on November 01, 2007, 12:33:43 PM
In reality rail tracks have much higher radiouses for turns. This is not possible by using the draggable rail laying tool. The best I can think of is the puzzle pieces of the newest NAM. For freight it may look better laying a spur or siding; unfortunately no single-track rail in SC4/NAM.

In the RAM, there is Single Track Rail.