• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

As far as that bridge goes, I have to give my most sincere thanks to smoncrie, who figured out how to fix the start/end piece mirroring problem I was facing, and to boot, made the bridge interface far simpler than what I had (1 bridge dependent on drag direction, as opposed to 2 separate bridges).

-Alex (Tarkus)

rushman5

^^^ You know something is amazing when the response is censored to show the word "stimulating"  Haha!  Good to see the bridge building is simple, it adds a lot less confusion into the production, I can imagine. 

SA, lovely euro textures as usual

nerdly_dood

SA:  That is WICKED, can't wait for it in-game, Euro or american textures i really don't care right now XD this is AWESOME!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

rusummer1

Thx everyone who responded to me. I figured it out. Sorry for the late replie though.
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

thundercrack83

Stunning work, SA! Just stunning, my friend!

deathtopumpkins

I'm glad the RHW bridges are working now!
I'm excited.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

JoeST

LOL thanks for censoring my post... tho all it really is is more suggestive lol

its damn brilliant in here... every time you update i nearly fall of my chair backwards...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

godjcjk12

If wider bridges are possible i will definitely pass out again like i did now. Great job Smoncrie/Shadow Assassin and keep up the good work.

ma360

Yes, bridge for RHW-6, RHW-8 and RHW-10 could be interesting

TEG24601

I was curious if there was a technical limitation preventing RHW-6 from having curves?  I was experimenting with creating a mega roundabout around a lake with 4 Freeways connecting to it, and I wanted to use the two lane exits, but couldn't because there was not enough room to convert ther RHW-6 to RHW-4 before the turns.

TEG

Tarkus

Well, I'm not quite sure how the wider RHW bridges will work out--I have some ideas, particularly now after seeing how the RHW-4 bridge is working.  ::)

By the way, I should re-iterate that all credit for the bridge goes to smoncrie. :thumbsup:  Neither SA or I can really take credit for it. 

In case you were wondering, here's what the new US textures look like on it.

There will be a matching RHW-2 bridge as well.

TEG, fortunately, there's no technical limitations involved there.  The reason why the RHW-6 doesn't have curves is merely because they're not done . . . yet ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)
hehe

deathtopumpkins

(hint, hint...) I'll be definately looking forward to those RHW6 curves.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

toxicpiano

will RHW 6+ have puzzle pieces to make it diagonal?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Tarkus

Quote from: toxicpiano on June 03, 2008, 04:09:22 PM
will RHW 6+ have puzzle pieces to make it diagonal?

Actually, it'll be a draggable system, which is kind of the tricky part.  Once I get that figured out, the rest of the project will be relatively simple. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

etherian

The bridges look great! You guys just keep on ticking those boxes, well done :thumbsup:
Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida

Starmanw402007

Tarkus, That RHW-2 Bridge is look Awesome!!, Keep Up the great work with all your projects!!
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

MandelSoft

Nice pictures, SA and Tarkus. I can hardly wait for v21. Those RHW-bridges look good.

::) Speaking of highways, look at this:

Inspirered by the RHW, I started three days ago with restyling the Maxis Highway. These images are not photoshopped. The project is in it's early stages, so it doesn't look very good now, but you get the idea.

Best
MRTNRLN
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

The REAL Tolsome

WOW!  :)
After all the time, now do someone something for the Maxis Highway! *My new God^^*

So, here is a little preview for the HERHW exit:

cape44

My first tutorial on TSC.com Beware in french language!

Have a look at the NAM Thread ==>  NWM
My région : San Francisco & suburb... coming soon on tsc.com