• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on November 28, 2008, 02:13:50 PM
1) Will there be RHW-2 curves in v3.0?

There are no new smooth curve puzzle pieces added in 3.0.  I attempted to make some textures for RHW-2 curves during 3.0 development, but they didn't come out so well, so they are on hold until a later version.  

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on November 28, 2008, 02:13:50 PM
2) How about diagonal overpasses? (I can't find which page overpasses were talked about on...  &mmm)

There are a series of Diagonal Road/RHW-4 overpass pieces in 3.0.  That's the extent of the diagonal overpasses, though.  

I probably should put together a new feature list, though, so here goes nothing:

-RHW-2 and RHW-4 bridges
-RHW-6C, RHW-8, RHW-10, Elevated RHW-4, Elevated MIS (15m) networks
-RHW-2 Ramp Interfaces (A, A-Dual, B, B-Dual)
-RHW-4 Ramp Interfaces (A-Diagonal, A-Wide, A-Inside, Dual-MIS Splitter)
-Elevated RHW-4 Ramp Interfaces (A)
-RHW-6S Ramp Interfaces (A, B)
-RHW-6C Ramp Interfaces (A, B)
-RHW-8 Ramp Interfaces (A, B, Dual RHW-4 Splitter)
-RHW-10 Ramp Interfaces (A, B)
-Road, OWR, Avenue and Rail-over-RHW-6S, 6C, 8, 10 Overpass pieces (all orthogonal over orthogonal)
-Diagonal Road-over-RHW-4 overpass pieces
-Draggable Elevated Light Rail and Monorail-over-MIS, RHW-6S, 6C, 8, 10 Overpasses
-Draggable Elevated RHW-4 and MIS over Road, One-Way Road, Avenue, Rail, RHW-2, RHW-4, MIS Overpasses (all orthogonal over orthogonal)
-Draggable MIS-One-Way Road transition and MIS-Avenue transition
-Draggable RHW-2 and RHW-4/Draggable GLR at-grade crossings (all orthogonal/orthogonal, RHW-4/GLR puzzle piece now phased out)
-Draggable MIS Tight 90-Curves
-Draggable MIS/Road Diagonal Intersections (none for OWR or Avenue yet)
-Draggable MIS/RHW-2 Intersections (all orthogonal/orthogonal)
-Draggable MIS Y-Splitters
-Draggable RHW-2/OWR Roundabout Intersection (orthogonal)
-Starter Pieces for all networks
-Ground-to-Elevated and On-Slope transitions for MIS and RHW-4 (orthogonal-only)
-Transition Puzzle Pieces for MIS->RHW-4, RHW-4->RHW-6C, RHW-6S->RHW-8, RHW-8->RHW-10
-Diagonal functionality for RHW-6S (through Puzzle Pieces)
-Elevated MIS/Avenue Intersection Puzzle Pieces (all orthogonal/orthogonal)
-New texture set
-Empire Builder, Inc. Elevated RHW-4 and MIS Models by Swamper77
-A surprise . . .

I count 60 61 new puzzle pieces, though some of them required extra work (pathing) for the reversed versions, so really, you're looking at technically about maybe 90 or so new pieces.  Not to mention the draggable stuff. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Edit: Forgot one two. ;)

Andreas

Looks like that custom member label is well deserved... :)
Andreas

A200

oooo what is the surprise??? *is interested*

for RHW10, 8 and 6 Bridges, would we need to split it into smaller RHW networks to make the bridges, or are there bridges for RHW 6-10 included?

Tarkus

Quote from: A200 on November 28, 2008, 04:29:57 PM
for RHW10, 8 and 6 Bridges, would we need to split it into smaller RHW networks to make the bridges, or are there bridges for RHW 6-10 included?

There will not be RHW 6-10 bridges in Version 3.0.  Still need to get the details worked out as to how those will be implemented in-game.  So in the interim, with 3.0, you'll need to use RHW-4s in some way.

And the surprise will likely remain closely guarded until release. ;)  It's already in the current Alpha Build the testers have, though.

-Alex (Tarkus)

metarvo

I read the list, and it makes my mouth water.  &mmm  Delicious.  As for the surprise, I'm sure it's going to be well worth waiting for.  After all, I like surprises, as long as they're good.  :)  There's no doubt that this one will be.

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

kj3400

Quote from: Tarkus on November 28, 2008, 04:36:45 PM
There will not be RHW 6-10 bridges in Version 3.0.  Still need to get the details worked out as to how those will be implemented in-game.  So in the interim, with 3.0, you'll need to use RHW-4s in some way.

I think I have a plan for that.... ::)
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

nerdly_dood

Dare I predict the surprise? Nahhh... it'll probably be wrong... besides, a ploppable cloverleaf defeats the purpose of the MIS, doesn't it? It could definitely be something else...

Euro textures by ShadowAssassin? But it's already in the alpha version, and Haljackey's highways have yellow lines on the inside shoulders...

I hereby cease all speculation as to what this surprise is... or at least I'll try to... :D

EDIT: Oh, I think I know what it might be! But I won't tell you what i think it is... Or maybe I will... It's a new RHW-6S/FHW conversion model that actually fits!!

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

pagenotfound

Quote from: nerdly_dood on November 28, 2008, 05:07:29 PM
I hereby cease all speculation as to what this surprise is... or at least I'll try to... :D

You are not alone  $%Grinno$%
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

metarvo

I have a general idea... but my lips are sealed. ()stsfd()
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

deathtopumpkins

Thanks for the answers, Alex, and that list is very helpful.  ;D

And in regards to bridges for RHW 6-10, for -6 just downgrade to RHW-4 and/or upgrade to FHW, and for -8 and -10, just split into two RHW-4s. Not a very high priority feature for me.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Kitsune

A surprise? Maybe we'll end being able to do stackable interchanges...... nah I'm prolly dreaming  /wrrd%&
~ NAM Team Member

jgehrts

Tarkus, do you and/or the testers ever sleep?

Ryan B.

BigSlark

NAM Associates sleep? What a foreign concept...

Cheers,
Kevin

Swamper77

I know I've been up late a few nights with GMAX the models that I have been working on ::)
Those are under the Empire BuilderTM header in Alex's list, which should actually read as: Empire Builder, Inc.

-Swamper

Fixed. ;-) -Alex
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

SusanMarie1956

Can the RHW-4 bridges be placed side by side? Or do they need a one tile gap, like that on OWR to work when crossing a body of water?
-Susan Marie
-Susan Marie

Swamper77

The RHW4 bridges will require a 1-tile gap between them, like any other bridge.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Tarkus

Quote from: jgehrts on November 28, 2008, 08:26:58 PM
Tarkus, do you and/or the testers ever sleep?

Good question. A little every once and awhile.  :D My addiction to White Chocolate Mochas, along with some Dr. Pepper and the occasional Red Bull help me get by.  :)

Quote from: SusanMarie1956 on November 28, 2008, 11:39:54 PM
Can the RHW-4 bridges be placed side by side? Or do they need a one tile gap, like that on OWR to work when crossing a body of water?
-Susan Marie

As Swamper mentioned, they need a 1-tile gap, but there are future plans to have some sort of setup like the 2-tile network bridges, though.  

Quote from: nerdly_dood on November 28, 2008, 05:07:29 PM
Euro textures by ShadowAssassin?

Already confirmed in the FAQ. ;)  

It's a mid-size surprise . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

allan_kuan1992

I thought I heard that Red Bull gave you an increased risk of heart attack =O

Dr. Pepper might not be as helpful either... (I do have a CocaCola in my room but shh... xD)

Good work so far, although I'd appreciate more pictures on RHW or actually the NWM progress.

- Allan Kuan

darraghf

I can't wait tarkus. Is it close to being released??????
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg