• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryBirdsFan436

So in the final release, will it be possible to build a 4 level stack or *cough* NAM 32 *cough*?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 24, 2013, 09:00:35 PM
So in the final release, will it be possible to build a 4 level stack or *cough* NAM 32 *cough*?

You could, but the footprint will have to be fairly large.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jcluvzgamez

We can easily build directional T's without left exits in NAM 31, right?
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

AngryBirdsFan436

What could be the estimated file size of NAM 31? 130MB? 80MB? 50MB?? Or 1GB? :P :D $%Grinno$%
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 26, 2013, 05:59:25 PM
What could be the estimated file size of NAM 31? 130MB? 80MB? 50MB?? Or 1GB?

It's somewhere between three and a half nibbles and 427 million exabytes. :P :D $%Grinno$%

(Real answer: Definitely more than 20MB; That's the STEX's filesize limit.)
<INACTIVE>
-----

MandelSoft

To give you a more proper estimation range. It will be larger than 100MB, but smaller than 1GB.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

AngryBirdsFan436

Yeah, that's the problem when you merge sister mods into the NAM Core. It will quadruple the size of the NAM core. It will be even larger when the NWM gets merged into the NAM Core. Presumably about 150+MB to 200+MB. I would rather download separate packages rather than waiting for 30 to 60 minutes for downloading the entire package. (I have a slow internet connection :()
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Tarkus

Well, given that you appear to be an avid NAM user who is going to be downloading most of them, you're going to spend the same amount of time.  It's possible you may actually spend less time with the combined package, as the compression algorithm on our installer package should be more efficient on a single package rather than several separate packages.

-Alex

MandelSoft

And I was actually talking about the uncompressed size. No idea how good the compression is to the filesize, so, who knows...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

teddyrised

This is probably when the new Mega cloud storage service comes in handy, no? :)

wschmrdr

One thing I noticed, at least with the FlexSPUI, is that U-Drive doesn't work properly when the SPUI is at a higher level than L0. I don't know if any consideration will be brought to this (or if it's something that could even be addressed), but it's something to keep in mind, especially if you want your city to have a spaceport, as you can't get the spaceport by conventional means on the easy level.

mike3775

Quote from: teddyrised on January 27, 2013, 05:44:09 AM

I hope not because I absolutely refuse to install their software which is required from what I read

teddyrised

Quote from: mike3775 on January 27, 2013, 04:28:25 PM
Quote from: teddyrised on January 27, 2013, 05:44:09 AM

I hope not because I absolutely refuse to install their software which is required from what I read
Sorry for going a bit off topic here - but I don't think Mega requires you to install anything, other than the latest stable release of Chrome because of webkit's HTML5 support.

On another note, excellent work, NAM team :D you guys are totally rocking &apls

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: teddyrised on January 27, 2013, 05:00:52 PM
Sorry for going a bit off topic here - but I don't think Mega requires you to install anything, other than the latest stable release of Chrome because of webkit's HTML5 support.

You do realise that you're forgetting the BSC LEX, right? The NAM's always been available there, and chances are, it may still be.
<INACTIVE>
-----

teddyrised

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 27, 2013, 05:05:33 PM

You do realise that you're forgetting the BSC LEX, right? The NAM's always been available there, and chances are, it may still be.
Ah, my bad. I thought I read about a file size limit on LEX, and realized that was about STEX :P

mike3775

Quote from: teddyrised on January 27, 2013, 05:09:23 PM

Ah, my bad. I thought I read about a file size limit on LEX, and realized that was about STEX :P

I also misread it  :)

Incidentally, even having to install just chrome, is not something I would do to get a file.  If Mega doesnt work with what I use(Firefox), I won't use Mega.

Haljackey

It's stuff like this that make me really excited about NAM 31.

As always from me, click for full size.

-Level 0 (ground level) road
-Level 1 (7.5m) RHW-8C
-Level 2 (15m, or the standard 'elevated' level) RT.

ivo_su

Beautiful photo Halyatskey and congratulations for your membership in the NAM team. I wish now we are on February 28th.

dragonshardz

Quote from: mike3775 on January 28, 2013, 04:18:05 PM
Quote from: teddyrised on January 27, 2013, 05:09:23 PM

I also misread it  :)

Incidentally, even having to install just chrome, is not something I would do to get a file.  If Mega doesnt work with what I use(Firefox), I won't use Mega.

Mega works BEST with Chrome, ie, most completely, but also works with Firefox and IE to an extent.

Anyway, getting back on track, looking forward to NAM 31!

APSMS

I know this probably won't be included in the next NAM, considering all the ground-breaking developments, but would it be possible to include a RHW10 to RHW8 and RHW4 F-2 exit. I'd like to make an eight-lane freeway, but any two lane exit I make leaves me with only a six lane highway left. There's RHW8 to RHW6 and FARHW4 but none like what I described above (nor is there any like the RHW6 to RHW4 & C2 exit for RHW8 or 10).

So maybe for NAM 32? Anyways, those draggable diagonal networks look great. And the monolithic NAM will be nice, since when I first started downloading the stuff it wasn't really clear to me why everything was separate and what everything did.

Looks Good.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation