• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Yoman

That will be great for desert MDists also David.

Looking great at the moment also, the sheer size of those irrigation machines is pretty awesome.

bakerton

Those Circular Irrigation fields and irrigation water machines are a familiar sight for me as I live in Wisconsin and travel to Nebraska and seeing them makes me wish that they are incorprated into simcity. I am glad that you are taking the adventure in trying to make them. Good Luck David. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

thundercrack83

Whoa!

I missed a ton of action around here over the Christmas holiday! Everything looks amazing, David! You're certainly doing some fantastic work here. I look forward to seeing more progress!

Take care, my friend!

Dustin

threestooges

Well, pending collaboration commencement I do have some time, and I am actually preparing to start a BAT thread (look out). If you can give me some dimensions of the irrigations sprinklers (I'll give a look too to see what I can find) I'd be happy to give it a shot. I've seen a fair number of the centrall pivot things around here too (California in general) but I can't remember where specifically. Good luck with the textures, they're looking pretty good so far. Looking back down the page, good work on the rail S-curve (and the other rail curves for that matter).

dedgren

Before I hit the sack, I'll show you all where I got to with the CPI textures.

Here's what I have right now.

Now, before you scan on down the page, let me tell you a little bit about what you're seeing.  That's a 1,536x1,536 pixel texture pic that will ultimately be divided up into 144 128x128 pixel texture squares.  Translating each square into a game gridsquare, which is about 50 feet/16 meters on a side, you are looking at one-quarter of a "crop circle" that will, when finished, fill a 40 acre/16 hectare field.  Our completed circles will be just under 1/4 mile/.4 kilometers across.  The irrigation unit, which Matt (threestooges) is working on BATting, is about 580 feet/about 175 meters long from center pivot to outer end.

The texture work is pretty major, too.  Here's a map I created to guide me in creating the new textures.

As I see it, 61 new textures will be needed to create 1/8 of the circle, then those can be flipped and rotated to build the rest.  The resulting lots, which I envision will have other stuff by way of existing props and textures on them, will be 24x24 gridsquares.  I only plan to use a few of these in 3RR, but I think the effect will be pretty neat.  They are also down-scalable as well.  With a few extra textures, I can do 1/2-size ones, which are not uncommon.

So, that's been the project for this evening.  G'night, all.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Silur

Hi, David ...
I'm crazy with Your circles ..., but I like Your roads too ...
YOU CAN DO IT !!!

BigSlark

David,

The textures look great, as a former Westerner I love to see projects like this.

My big question is will these simply be eyecandy or will they be functioning farms, albeit only offering a dozen or so jobs at the most?

Cheers,
Kevin

bat

Yes, very nice textures there! Looking forward to it.

Silur

I think with is a NEW step with SC4

This is unreal and wait for this ...
Thank You ...

dedgren

Sick as a dog today (and most of yesterday) with a cold.

I have a post that's been in the pipeline for a bit- it should be along later today.  For now, though, it's back to bed.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

douwe

Although any time is a bad time to be sick, this time is the worst because of the holiday season.  Hope you are well soon and back with more astounding 3RR content.

douwe.
"As 't net ken sa 't moet, dan moet 't mar sa 't ken"
Old Frisian Proverb

Pat

David get well soon and get lots of rest my friend!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

I'm getting there.  Here's a hint about what we'll be taking a look at next.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

dragonshardz

Wow, I seem to have missed a lot!

Merry Christmas, etc., and get better soon David!

thundercrack83

Looks like we're headed to the border, eh?

Can't wait to see what you've got planned for us, David! It's always a pleasure!

Dustin

mightygoose

i did bat a roundfarm.... however making the crops in vast numbers led to optical interference, ill try and find a picture....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Jmouse

Come on now, David, lawyers are supposed to be tough guys! :D Anyway, here's hoping you recover quickly because doing fun stuff beats feeling bad anytime!

Until next time...
Joan

Pat

David that anticpation is killing and the wondering by the overhead signage, That could mean anything from either that you are getting ready to get the colaberation underway or one more map to show off??? I dunno either way but I hope you are feeling better either way...

Shadow Assassin

Aw, Pat, you got 2400!

I was hoping to get it... LOL. :P

Anyways, David, good luck on the gigantic crop circles (however, isn't there something you're forgetting, something along the lines of runways? :P).
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!