• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plug-In 699213727

Started by 911Diva, January 31, 2023, 11:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

911Diva

Back to building after a 2 yr hiatus!   :bnn:  :bnn: Got a message 'Plug-In 699213727 is not present' I have tried to search for all dependencies/Plug-Ins that coincide with any files I have recently installed, unable to find any.  Searched for the specific Plug-In and no results.

Any one got a clue???

911 Diva (Cindy)

Tarkus

When it gives a number like "699213727", IIRC, it's typically a decimal conversion of the hexadecimal Instance ID (IID) of the exemplar that references a Prop or Building exemplar.  "699213727" converts to an IID of 0x29AD279F.

The issue then becomes "what plugin has a Prop/Building exemplar with an IID of 0x29AD279F?"  Unfortunately, there's no index of these, so unless you happen to be really good at knowing the IIDs of ALL the SC4 content that's out there (or know someone who is), it can be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. 

As such, sadly, it's an error message that generally isn't very helpful in determining a solution to the issue.  The only thing you can attempt to do is to comb through your Plugins, consult any documentation that may have come with them, and double check that you have the listed dependencies.

Edit: I've just DatPacked my entire Plugins folder and looked through everything in the Reader, to see if I had an 0x29AD279F anywhere and could maybe narrow this down for you.  Unfortunately, I did not.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

This is why a comprehensive omnibus of IIDs would be a handy feature. This and the utter incompatibility between the SPAM and BuildingProp...

Quote from: Tarkus on January 31, 2023, 05:05:20 PMEdit: I've just DatPacked my entire Plugins folder and looked through everything in the Reader, to see if I had an 0x29AD279F anywhere and could maybe narrow this down for you.  Unfortunately, I did not.
What exactly do you have in your plugins? I have several GB worth of stuff so I could have this missing object or even the same error.

EDIT: My error ID is 1003077135, and for some reason it's the Esso Service Center, that hasn't been having any issues until I switched driving sides. EDIT2: https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26962-dex-esso-service-station/
EDIT3: I even installed the only dependency and it's still producing the same error. Maybe the LHD version will work as before, but otherwise I'm lost.

To rerail the thread: @911Diva, make a backup of the city that's producing the area and do a binary search for the offending lot like I did. Then post your results here.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

mgb204

Quote from: Wiimeiser on February 03, 2023, 04:49:13 PMThis is why a comprehensive omnibus of IIDs would be a handy feature.

But the problem with that is the sheer number of objects that exist. Whilst I fully agree it would be great to have, - although if that existed then it would hopefully lead the creation of an automated Plugins Management tool, - because no one ever kept track, it would be a humongous task to start now.

For example, the SG MegaPack contains 556 items, that's simply 556 Exemplar IDs, not including the presumably close to that figure number of Model (S3D/FSH) IDs as well. Now expand that to say 20-100 of the larger packs and we're already talking about potentially 100,000 items. There are way more files out there too, even if some will be smaller, I've got to imagine 1 million existing objects is easily possible, maybe much more?

Quote from: Wiimeiser on February 03, 2023, 04:49:13 PMThis and the utter incompatibility between the SPAM and BuildingProp...

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, since the SPAM lots are just overrides of the Maxis content. Moreover, all Buildings Exemplars should appear in the BuildingProp list. I suspect you simply aren't looking for the correct Names, I've compiled a rough list of them here:

SPAM_BuildingExemplarRef.jpg

I checked in game and was able to find/plop a good selection of them, so I am pretty sure its not as bad as you think. Although clearly a few items exist that can't be plopped in this way, I suspect it's because those Buildings Exemplars don't link to LotConfigs, hence when you press Escape you get a Red Cursor because there is no list to display. Bear in mind you are using a Developer tool, that was unlikely to have included error messages or anything user friendly. There is surely a logical reason for these exceptions, but I had little appetite to start cross-referencing everything personally. The easiest way to build SPAM farms is to grow them, not to mention Plopping them like this won't allow for freight to leave those lots, which can have a negative effect on Ind demands.

Quote from: Wiimeiser on February 03, 2023, 04:49:13 PMMy error ID is 1003077135, and for some reason it's the Esso Service Center, that hasn't been having any issues until I switched driving sides.

I checked the lots with PIM-X and I'm sure the two cars on the outside of the lot are the most likely problem. You must install this specific version of the VIP Car Pack mentioned in the Download Description. Girafe_VIP_Vehicules.dat is the file that needs to be present for these vehicles to properly display. Note newer or remastered versions of this pack don't seem to contain this prop.

I've checked with both the RHD and LHD variants and with only this single dependency (and the NAM), every object on the lot is there, so I can't explain any other errors you may have. Note PIM-X only loads the folders I'm telling it too, so only has access to the NAM, SimCity 4 files and the specific Car Park yet everything is clearly there. Again, just to be sure I loaded both in-game without issue.

:Update:
Your error converts to HEX 0x3BC9BE0F. I see the problem now, it's the IID of the Buildings Exemplar for the RHD version. This is coming up because the Model it points too only exists in the LHD package. Although I never get the same error loading only the RHD files personally, hence I didn't see it easily. So for this issue you can simply grab the file DEX_ESSOBLDG-0x5ad0e817_0xfa5703b2_0x4a0000.SC4Model from the LHD version, which should instead be in the DEX Shared ESSO PROPS folder (since both lots would use it). You should also delete the file DEX_ESSOBLDG-0x6534284a-0xfa5703b2-0x1bbde4b9.SC4Desc from the LHD files, since it's a copy of the one in the Lot file. Essentially this is just a blank model, so it doesn't obviously appear anything is missing if it's not there.

:2nd Update:
Having thought about why you saw the Missing Plugin error, but I did not, I think I know why this is. If you placed either the RHD or LHD version in a city, saved that city but subsequently removed the corresponding folder, that would explain it. It gives the ID of the Buildings Exemplar for the RHD version, because you've one of those in the city giving the error, but only have the LHD files, i.e. the Buildings Exemplar for the RHD version no longer exists in Plugins. To rectify this, restore the RHD files, open the city, remove any instances of the lot, replacing them with the LHD version instead. After saving you can then safely remove the RHD folder and this error should stop.

Tarkus

Quote from: mgb204 on February 04, 2023, 07:54:21 AMThis is why a comprehensive omnibus of IIDs would be a handy feature.

But the problem with that is the sheer number of objects that exist. Whilst I fully agree it would be great to have, - although if that existed then it would hopefully lead the creation of an automated Plugins Management tool, - because no one ever kept track, it would be a humongous task to start now.
The only way we could potentially pull something like that off would be crowdsourcing, likely in combination with the CSV exports of the Exemplars from SC4DataNode.  I've been able to sort out specifically down to Building and Prop Exemplars, run HEX2DEC on them in Excel, and was able to get a total of 23,791 such IDs.

-Alex

catty

Quote from: Tarkus on February 05, 2023, 01:43:07 AM
Quote from: mgb204 on February 04, 2023, 07:54:21 AMThis is why a comprehensive omnibus of IIDs would be a handy feature.

The only way we could potentially pull something like that off would be crowdsourcing, likely in combination with the CSV exports of the Exemplars from SC4DataNode.  I've been able to sort out specifically down to Building and Prop Exemplars, run HEX2DEC on them in Excel, and was able to get a total of 23,791 such IDs.

-Alex

When I shut my website down I transferred all the indexes over to the Simtropolis Omnibus and have in the past told people over at SIMTROP, that if anyone wants to re-use the information in the

CATALOGs - https://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/75099-plugins-indexes/
PLUGIN IDs - https://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/75264-plugin-pack-id-indexes/

They are more than welcome to grab the data, same offer applies on this site

:thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

nos.17

Quote from: Tarkus on February 05, 2023, 01:43:07 AM

-Alex

I'm a little late to this party but I want to lay out my approach I've been using so far to create the Prop/Texture catalog. Through my library for interfacing with DBPF files, I can iterate over an entire folder, and add items to a SQLite database. It's hardly an optimized process, but processing my stash of like 600 dependency files takes only a few minutes to create a database of 150k(ish) TGIs. I'd think this can certainly be scaled up, and theoretically combined with some kind of scraping/scripting to batch download, unzip, and process files from the STEX/LEX, it could be scaled to eventually cover every upload. I know that's easier said than done, but it's also further and more concrete anyone else has achieved that I know of.

Eventually I'd like for all of this to turn into some kind of comprehensive mod manager, but the foundation needs to be laid first.

911Diva

Thanks Everyone for the help!  This is just too way over my head!! &apls  &apls

mgb204

Well the short version is you are missing something, it's the what that is more complicated. If you have a brown box, you can query the lot to find out which lot is affected. Then you can double-check you have all the right files installed.

In fact if you can just tell us which download this problem is associated with, we'd be able to give you more specific assistance. As it stands, we'd need to have the missing dependency in our own setups to locate what was missing.