• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AK's Custom Content Showcase

Started by Alek King of SC4, January 24, 2007, 06:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alek King of SC4

actually the pop on this large tile is now up to over 400,000, with over 550,000 commercial jobs.
I will get official region census numbers next time.

I haven't shown the other half of the tile yet which contains much more residential and no skrapers
Also i have removed all the scattered marinas and added them to a new marina area on the other side of the
bank, as well as added highway bridges instead of the big dig between sides, looks pretty cool.

dedgren

Alek-

That's probably the best thought through urban development plugins folder I've ever seen.  I'm thinking about how that info might be more widely shared.

'Course, you still have to be a wizard at urban design to put it all together.

I'm still looking, btw, at the RR station capacity issue.  I'm just slow, but haven't forgotten.

...so much SC4 to play, so little time...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Shadow Assassin

Very nice pics. Personally, I'm one of those people who prefer using Maxis buildings. Oh well, tastes can be different.

I especially like that mosaic of downtown that you posted on the previous page, it's quite awesome...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Alek King of SC4

I spent last night downloading like crazy about 10 more highrise towers, I should have enough now to accomplish my goal of no commercial highrise repeats, which i find to the most realistic, and i think just looks better.

I have also completed the new marina, and worked more on the second half of this tile, which is now about 20-30 percent done as well now  :D

My goal is to have another mosaic at the same zoom level as the previous but of the completed tile done by tommorrow night.  This area is taking longer because it has some natural elevation and instead of completely leveling it like i normally do  ;D I am trying to build into the terrain more.

NikNik

AK, I am loking forward to it.

For now take it easy and have a great weekend.

Nik-Nik

goin2chicago

i'm really looking forward to seeing the new work you've done. and another thing, DA BEARS!

Alek King of SC4

I am abandoning this region, I got a very strange glitch on this city tile where every time i save, all the props and detail dissapear from the bottom 10-15 tiles, I tried several remedies, demolishing rebuilding, ect, with no success.  &mmm

Sooooo, I hit the brakes and started something totally different and started a new much smaller region, hand drawn in SC4TF, quite hilly, removed all my highrise and hardcore urban buildings and have started my first rural region in a long time, early progress has been suprisingly positive and i should have pics tommorrow.

Glenni

Aw, such a shame :'( nice to see you still use my stuff though. :)

Alek King of SC4

Quote from: Glenni on February 05, 2007, 06:45:24 AM
Nice update alek and nice to see you still use my stuff ;D

are you kidding me  :D

Glenni

Sorry dude, i messed up with my forum profile preferances, like most recent posts at top, so i thought that was the most recent update and that the most recent post was the oldest &ops

Alek King of SC4

no Glenni  :P
the are you kidding me was in reference to you saying "nice to see you still use my stuff"
You have made some of my all time favorite BATs and i haven't built a Urban area to date without using my favorite glenni BATs.

and about the region, meh i guess i the change to rural feels good, gives me chance to use some stuff i haven't in a long time and show something really different.

goin2chicago

well thats to bad about your region but i'm looking forward to seeing the new one. and as for the bears, next year baby!

emilin

Sorry to hear about your technical problems. But I guess it can't be all wrong to turn the page to something else every once in a while. Good luck with your new project! Hope to see some pics as soon as possible.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Hey, Alek-

QuoteSooooo, I hit the brakes and started something totally different and started a new much smaller region, hand drawn in SC4TF, quite hilly, removed all my highrise and hardcore urban buildings and have started my first rural region in a long time, early progress has been suprisingly positive and i should have pics tommorrow.

This sounds great, can't wait to see it.  I'm guessing the extent of your dominion as king probably extends to the woods and fields as well.  What don't you do well, my friend?

...sigh...

Long live the King!

On another note, sorry about the Bears.  I feel your pain- I'm a diehard Sox [linkie] fan, and it was a mighty looooong time between World Series.

Be good (but we already know you will be, and more).

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Alek King of SC4

uuhhh, yeah you think you have it bad as a die hard sox fan, try cubs fan  :'( :'(

meinhosen

Quote from: Alek King of SC4
uuhhh, yeah you think you have it bad as a die hard sox fan, try cubs fan  :'( :'(

AK, let's not go there.  (We could always try the lament of the Chicago sports fan: "There's always next year")  I guess there's always next year.

Back on topic: I'll be interested to see the pics from your new rural region.  That'll be a bit of a change from what you've shown us recently.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Grneyes

What a bummer about your region! It looked great. Can't wait to see your new more rural cities.

MaryBeth

your_adress_here

QuoteWe could always try the lament of the Chicago sports fan: "There's always next year"

That's the Toronto Maple Leafs chant...
Bookah!

BourneID

Hey AK... the issue you are having with the bottom of the City bitmap in region view isnt saving....

It used to be thought that this was caused buy SC4 not supporting (becuase of error) 1600x1200 resolution but infact... is that your system can not deal with that much detail and info at the higher resolutions...  you are running out of Memory before the save image is complete...

I used to have this same issue... Now that I am runnning 4gigs I no longer have this issue.....  it isnt a game bug... its a lack of system resources...  sorry dude

Smile Y'all

Alek King of SC4

Quote from: BourneID on February 06, 2007, 05:27:34 AM
Hey AK... the issue you are having with the bottom of the City bitmap in region view isnt saving....

It used to be thought that this was caused buy SC4 not supporting (becuase of error) 1600x1200 resolution but infact... is that your system can not deal with that much detail and info at the higher resolutions...  you are running out of Memory before the save image is complete...

I used to have this same issue... Now that I am runnning 4gigs I no longer have this issue.....  it isnt a game bug... its a lack of system resources...  sorry dude

yeah i kinda figured that was the root of the issue, that is why i have skimmed back my plugins a lot and am playing only med and small tiles, should fix the issue.  The detail on that tile was sick though, ashame really.  Thanks for the reply though makes tons a sense, kinda broke though so don't see myself goin up to 4 gigs anytime soon.

Edit and just so there is no debate, "wait till next year" is the official motto of the cubs.

Millions have been born, lived to be over 90, and during their entire lifetime the Cubs have not won a single world series.  :'( &cry2 :( /sad¬¬ &mmm :thumbsdown: