• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Sweet....  :D

Quote from: Tarkus on October 02, 2008, 11:45:56 AM

...And I rarely quote pictures.  Excellent work Taruks! 

As for the new poll, I am not going to vote in it, sorry!  ?=mad)=

RHW version 0.21 is looking amazing!  I am sure it will be released when the time is right.  As you always say: "We like to surprise people!".  If there was a "whenever" option in the poll that would be what I would vote for.  I've backed this project since day 1, and I will continue to do so.  Good luck finishing it, and release it whenever you want to.

Good things come to those who wait.  There is no exception here.

All the best,
-Haljackey

Patricius Maximus

It's coming.... I think for a Halloween trick or treat (in this case both ;))

deathtopumpkins

That summed all our feeling up perfectly, haljackey. Or at least I think so.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on October 02, 2008, 05:31:17 PM
RHW version 0.21 is looking amazing!  I am sure it will be released when the time is right.  As you always say: "We like to surprise people!".  If there was a "whenever" option in the poll that would be what I would vote for.  I've backed this project since day 1, and I will continue to do so.  Good luck finishing it, and release it whenever you want to.

That's the plan . . . the poll is just for fun, really--won't really have an impact on the release.   You'll all find out when it actually comes out. ;)

And thanks for the support, everyone!  It really means a lot to me, and I'll pay you all back with another teaser here in a bit . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Godzillaman

"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

metarvo

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

j-dub

Poll?! Thats it, just for that this movie is coming out SO early!

Tarkus

As promised, here's another teaser . . . the aforementioned MIS-to-RHW-4 transition piece.  Works really well for making Multi-RHW setups.

And we're already at 37 votes in the poll, too.  Interesting results, I must say.  Can't confirm anything, but we'll see. ::) 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Glazert

The MIS to RHW-4 piece looks very useful for slip roads that start as single lane and then widen to two. That is quite common in Britain.

Danthe

Excellent messages Alex, I have hope, that v21 will be soon :) And You foresee it can with distant about one tile from main road departure puzzles? It was one should was now do additional curves, in order to place was on embankment or excavation ( he need one tile from every side one - it is knew ;)). Puzzles RHW unfortunately not  "they arrange" oneself on slope, by what every interchanges have to occupy large surface.

eggman121

Well done Tarkus. Keep teasing us  :D

Hopefully RHW V21 isn't released too soon because i have to study for university exams!  ()sad()

bat

That stuff is looking really nice there in these teasers! Looking forward to the RHW v21! ;)

Patricius Maximus

There are many uses for that transition, especially with a heavy-duty RHW-4 to MIS splitter piece.

But I think I'll be sticking with the MIS Y-splits.

MandelSoft

Nice Pieces, Tarkus.

BTW, 53 votes on the poll
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metarvo

Again, I must say "teasing, yet pleasing."  Since I have a feeling that RHW v21 is just around the (RHW) corner, each pic must be bringing us closer to its release.  These transition pieces are fantastic, Alex! :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Simpson

Fantastic work Alex on the RHW. And also I vote  :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

EDGE4194

Patricius Maximus

nerdly_dood

Again I must agree - "teasing yet pleasing." The RHW-4/MIS transition used in that way looks A LOT like a multi-highway interchange in Christiansburg, VA except the RL one is more drawn-out. (But I prefer the shorter version - it's more versatile and easier to use in small areas - in C'burg there was a lot of room to build, apart from the HUGE car dealerships)

But naturally the Google Earth images are too low-res there to see anything... But I can at least tell that a cloverleaf included in the multi-highway takes up a chunk of land comparable (but not similar) to that of the developed areas of Christiansburg itself (as in, maaaybe about 10%, probably more like 5%) And note that the cloverleaf is on the very southern edge of town. (The interchange is composed of Interstate 81, US 460 bypass and US 460 business)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: Danthe on October 03, 2008, 03:59:26 AM
And You foresee it can with distant about one tile from main road departure puzzles?

If you're meaning MIS Ramp Interfaces with a one-tile gap between the main RHW line and the MIS ramp, there will be some of those included in the next version--at least for the RHW-4, but probably for at least a couple other widths, too.  Still need to get them in-game, but they'll be there.

Speaking of things in-game . . . a small little feature some may like.  The MIS can now intersect RHW-2s.  (Yes, I know there's a little pixel offset issue there--looks very Maxis-y $%Grinno$%)

80 votes now . . . not confirming or denying anything . . .

I will say I would like to get back to smaller, more regular releases after this one.  Version 21's been a long road, and I want to make sure that if there are things that Version 21 is "missing" in a lot of people's minds (it'll be a substantial addition, but not the terminus), it'll be possible to add those things in quicker.

(Puns partially but not fully intended)

-Alex (Tarkus)