• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Riiga, I think your textures can't be made better than this!
I also like mrtnrln's idea, this will add realism to our RHWs.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

KoV Liberty

Yeah, great stuff going on here! Will all this be included in V4?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tarkus

Quote from: mrtnrln on July 20, 2009, 01:33:07 AM
How about puzzle-piece-based accelleration/decelleration lanes for the RHW, which you can plop on the existing RHW, just like Dedgren's Rural Roads.

Great minds think alike . . .

Had this sitting around as well.

I may add more dots onto the line, though.

riiga, those textures are looking superb as well!

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on July 20, 2009, 08:09:51 AM
Yeah, great stuff going on here! Will all this be included in V4?

Good question . . . I don't have a definite answer yet, though I am starting to get a clearer idea of what all will be included, and it's quite possible. :)

-Alex

just_a_guy

I like the SPUI! Are you going to add crossalks and sidewalks on it? Becuase the normal avenue bridge has sidewalks and it would look wierd if just the SPUI piece had them missing.

Great work everyone!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

zakuten

Is there a part to split a RHW-2 into parallel MIS's or have I just missed it somehow...? I was just wondering..
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

KoV Liberty

Quote from: Tarkus on July 20, 2009, 10:27:27 AM
Good question . . . I don't have a definite answer yet, though I am starting to get a clearer idea of what all will be included, and it's quite possible. :)

-Alex

Yes! All this would make a great addition!

Quote from: zakuten on July 20, 2009, 05:06:48 PM
Is there a part to split a RHW-2 into parallel MIS's or have I just missed it somehow...? I was just wondering..

Actually There isn't. Hopefully it will be included in RHW V4.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tarkus

Quote from: zakuten on July 20, 2009, 05:06:48 PM

jmvl made one a couple weeks ago--it'll be included in Version 4.

-Alex

asd195

i want to jump back to the multi rhw city connections. I tried to make the connection but it wouldn't let me go across the median so i didn't and it looked ok but the people didn't go to work. when i tried to get it across the median and it did work but then a rhw-4 went across with a rhw-2 on each side.   can some one give me a step by step tutorial
Live YOUR life

Tarkus

asd195, it sounds like you've almost gotten it.  You need to break the RHW-4 override before the loop connector somehow--I generally stick back-to-back RHW/Road transitions in, such that the roads going across the border are RHW-2s instead.

-Alex

darraghf

Whoa, I've only been missing for a very short while, and yet so much has happened it this thread. Well done guys on all of your advancements!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

kings_niners

has there been any progress made on elevated rhw-4 over say, an rhw-6,8 etc.?

Patricius Maximus

My previous post seems to not have made it through, so I reiterate what I was going to ask. I have been on vacation for the past few months, so I have been somewhat out of touch with this project. What is the progress so far on RHW 4.0? Could I have a list of the most important features to be included?

joelyboy911

Are the RHW-4 textures due to be updated in version 4.0? If so can I see the new versions, if not what is the IID of the basic texture? I am going to start work on a 6x6 roundabout.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Tarkus

Quote from: darraghf on July 23, 2009, 05:56:16 AM
Whoa, I've only been missing for a very short while, and yet so much has happened it this thread. Well done guys on all of your advancements!

Thanks for the kind words, Darragh!  I'm a bit amazed myself, even. :D

Quote from: kings_niners on July 23, 2009, 02:42:17 PM
has there been any progress made on elevated rhw-4 over say, an rhw-6,8 etc.?

I haven't started on that yet.  I'm still in the midst of a complete overhaul of the override code for the entire mod, so it may be awhile before I get to those.

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on July 24, 2009, 05:07:04 PM
What is the progress so far on RHW 4.0? Could I have a list of the most important features to be included?

Well, it's still very much underway right now, and it'll be awhile before I officially know what will be included.  There's a lot of different stuff being worked on right now, and the Override RULs and textures are being re-built from the ground up.  The SPUIs, the Diverging Diamond and more diagonal intersection/overpass stuff are very likely to be going in, though.  There may also be some turn lane stuff.

Quote from: joelyboy911 on July 24, 2009, 10:44:54 PM
Are the RHW-4 textures due to be updated in version 4.0? If so can I see the new versions, if not what is the IID of the basic texture? I am going to start work on a 6x6 roundabout.

Yes, they are due to be updated.  I've attached the new RHW-4 orthogonal below.

A few small developmental things underway . . .

I've managed to finish off the RHW-4/GLR At-Grade Crossings.  Orthogonal x Diagonal, Diagonal x Orthogonal and Diagonal x Diagonal are done now on the RULing end.

And some preliminary work on joelyboy's roundabout.

-Alex

Patricius Maximus

Ooh, looking good.

QuoteWell, it's still very much underway right now, and it'll be awhile before I officially know what will be included.  There's a lot of different stuff being worked on right now, and the Override RULs and textures are being re-built from the ground up.  The SPUIs, the Diverging Diamond and more diagonal intersection/overpass stuff are very likely to be going in, though.  There may also be some turn lane stuff.

That's the kind of report I was looking for. Thanks for that, and saving me the trouble of reading 50+ pages of this thread (which can be hard on the eyes). I've seen the SPUI from the previous page, and I am thrilled at its probable inclusion. And also diverging diamonds? It all sounds wonderful to me.

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

Shadow Assassin

My RHW Euro Mod has been in development hell for much of this year... it's been sitting on my hard drive for almost a year, so I blew some dust off the PSD files and worked on them some.

But hey... here are some new pics of what's been done tonight on the RHW-2 as it's the network in particular that needs harmonization with my mod.

Road transition and type B ramp.

Rail crossings were one of the first things done for the RHW-2 tonight.

A couple more rail crossings. It's obvious textures need to be done for more pieces.

--SA
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

kbieniu7

Yeah! I hoped you'll make your textures for RHW 3.0, and I was waiting. Great  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

JoeST

Good to see you SA, and great to see the Euro mod. It is looking fantastic :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Andreas

Neat! Looks like I can finally use the RHW in full effect soon. :)
Andreas