• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rady

Hi there,

did I understand it right that creating a RHW-6 over RHW-6 overpass is impossible without using avenue puzzle pieces for the overpass? Like in the following picture I would like to have an overpass between the two RHW-6:

or here

Thanks for your advice!!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

deathtopumpkins

Umm... those are RHW-4. Use the draggable RHW overpasses.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

u.mueller

Quote from: Rady on August 11, 2009, 12:34:32 PM
[...]

[...]

Hi,
may I take Rady's posted image as a queue for a question? Would it be possible to make filler pieces like the 1x1 filler pieces in the STR to deal with reverting back to RHW-2 pieces between to wide curve sections? Because I think right now it is a nightmare plopping a 90° curve...

Just a question! ;D

Cheers,
U.

riiga

Quote from: u.mueller on August 11, 2009, 01:40:44 PM
Hi,
may I take Rady's posted image as a queue for a question? Would it be possible to make filler pieces like the 1x1 filler pieces in the STR to deal with reverting back to RHW-2 pieces between to wide curve sections? Because I think right now it is a nightmare plopping a 90° curve...

Just a question! ;D

Cheers,
U.
Good suggestion, I could use them for sure!

Anyway,
here's what I've been making all day, a toll plaza texture for the RHW-4:

(click for full resolution)

The texture is based on an old texture I found browsing Haljackey's SC4 Archives.
Hopefully someone could make something useful out of the texture I made. :)

EDIT: There's now an additional texture with a truck/lorry lane.

- riiga

Rady

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 11, 2009, 01:24:33 PM
Umm... those are RHW-4. Use the draggable RHW overpasses.

Well, ähem .. you're right .. ;D It used to be a RHW-6 but since this is a intersection it changed to a RHW-4 after the exit piece ...
With "draggable RHW overpasses" you speak of the elevated MIS starter piece? Or the basic RHW-4 starter piece? 'Cause I tried both of them but didn't manage to cross BOTH parts of the RHW-4. It would work out for the first 2 lanes (e.g. that one heading to the left), but would create a normal crossing with the second 2 lanes.

I'll give it a try and provide a picture in case I fail again (which I expect to be the case, to be honest ..  :P)
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Blue Lightning

The draggable RHW overpasses would be the ERHW4 (15M) and the EMIS (15M). The transition pieces can be found near the end of the transition button and the starter pieces near the end of the starter piece button.

If the overpass does deconvert, simply place another starter piece and connect them.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Monorail Master

riiga : I like those RHW-4 toll plaza textures.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

j-dub

Rady,

In addition to what Blue Lightning is saying, none of this will work, unless there is the same opposing starter/transition piece on all sides after the intersection, and then when you drag over, they should be correct.

mrgisa

Hi Everyone,

I just started to get back into Sim City 4 again and I really love the RHW set!  It's great and adds a totally new level to the game that wasn't there before.

I have one small request to add and a problem which I was wondering if there was a solution to.

My request: possibly add a GLR/Avenue overpass option over RHW (for now I have to split off my GLR and do an elevated rail crossing which is neat but irritates my hurried passengers :D )

My problem is that I cannot seem to build a RHW 6S or 8S diagonal curve completely.  I mean, I can start it but I can not complete it and join it (ultimately making a 90 degree turn).  No matter what I do, I can't seem to get all the pieces to fit.  I've spent 2 hours at this and am wondering if I am doing something wrong.  If this is possible, could someone be so kind as to make a tutorial on how to do it?

If this is a limitation of the RHW that's okay but if it's not, would someone be so kind as to walk me through it.  I'm about ready to pull out my hair!

Gisa ^^

deathtopumpkins

GLR-in-avenue overpasses will most likely come eventually, but not in the immediate future. ;)
As for RHW-6S and 8 curves, according to the FAQs in the sticky post at the top, you can currently only do 45-degree or S-curves. The missing piece to complete a 90-degree curve will be included in the next release. However, there is a workaround out there, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

Rady

@mrgisa: you might check out these two threads:

1) http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6805.0

--> due to me beeing obviously numb I wasn't able two get this to work ... ;D  possibly yu will have more luck :thumbsup:

2) http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5612.0
View the "rhw curve 001" video --> this one worked out for me, but has a lack in terms of graphics, as you will soon discover &mmm

However, it works :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mrgisa

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 18, 2009, 07:34:58 AM
GLR-in-avenue overpasses will most likely come eventually, but not in the immediate future. ;)
As for RHW-6S and 8 curves, according to the FAQs in the sticky post at the top, you can currently only do 45-degree or S-curves. The missing piece to complete a 90-degree curve will be included in the next release. However, there is a workaround out there, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

Great news to hear on both accounts.  I really like the glr/avenue pieces and they find a lot of use (passenger wise as well) in my capital city.  Since I can't build tunnels with the RHW (yet? :) ) the only way to go is with overpasses but by all means, it's not a demand and I'll be grateful to see it someday, whenever that is.  Besides, I like having to branch out as it adds a challenge to the route (and makes it interesting when I drive them from time to time ;) ).

Quote from: Rady on August 18, 2009, 10:32:45 AM
@mrgisa: you might check out these two threads:

1) http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6805.0

--> due to me beeing obviously numb I wasn't able two get this to work ... ;D  possibly yu will have more luck :thumbsup:

2) http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5612.0
View the "rhw curve 001" video --> this one worked out for me, but has a lack in terms of graphics, as you will soon discover &mmm

However, it works :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TY very much for the links Rady!  I tried using google to find them but I was probably too specific.  What I might do in the meantime is just have the RHW convert to avenue (going from north to south) and then do the same on the RHW going from west to east and then have them link up near a downtown of sorts.  I could also use the ground/elevated highway pieces but that'd defeat the purpose of the RHW.  I'll check out those links now...

Thank you both for your help!

Gisa ^^

emgmod

I didn't manage to read all of the thread, and I want to know if there is a RHW-6S to RHW6C conversion piece being made. I hate narrowing my highway then widening it again.

deathtopumpkins

mrgisa

I was playing around with the RHW last night in hopes of making a huge highway system where a North/South and an East/West RHW would interconnect in a huge under/overpass.  The N/S would be 6S plus a 4w merge under a 4w overpass, but I couldn't seem to drag a highway over anything larger than a 4w.  Am I correct in assuming that it is impossible to have an overpass/underpass with anything larger than a 4w at this time?  I tried to look on the forums for pictures of these kind of interchanges without success.  I did see conversions to avenues...am I guessing correctly if I assume that's a temporary solution?  If it is possible, could someone kindly provide a picture (or shoot a link to one to me? :) ).  If it is not possible, will it become possible someday in the future (in that there be pieces made for these kind of interchanges?).  I really hope so as I know others like myself would love to make huge highway interchanges and it would look (and act) odd to have to merge a 8s network into a 4W network just for an under/overpass...

Gisa ^^

Rady

mrgisa

Hi Rady,

Talk about under my nose!  Thanks, I'll try that out later tonight. :)

Gisa ^^

Rady

Quote from: mrgisa on August 20, 2009, 01:57:52 AM
Hi Rady,

Talk about under my nose!  Thanks, I'll try that out later tonight. :)

Gisa ^^
Gisa, obviously we're battling the same problems at the moment, it's just that I'm a few minutes in front of you  ;D

mrgisa

It seems that way.  Makes me feel kinda stupid though... %confuso

Thanks for your help.  I hope to play around some more with the RHW tonight.  Might have to wait till the weekend...

Gisa ^^

secretformula

I have a rhw issue that I hope somebody could help me with. Nobody uses my rhws unless their is no othway to go to work. I use traffic simulator Z