• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travismking

im confirming that I have indeed seen most of the bugs jdemn mentioned, all but the LHD transitions and the el-rail one

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 15, 2010, 05:09:26 AM
Texture issues:
I had several texture issues, most of which I repaired myself (an out-of-date file) but others have arisen.

All MIS to EMIS transitions (including the curving one) appear to have no textures in the preview but do after they have been placed. (Another user has confirmed this bug in an RHD game)
Picture available in this post: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.msg339767#msg339767

That one seems to be the result of a fix to eliminate the sidewalk bug that was happening on the MIS Starter and Filler pieces.  The IID got changed on the preview texture, and it appears the transitions didn't get changed to reflect that.

On puzzle pieces (I can't remember which ones), the shared inside lane texture on RHW-6S, RHW-8S and RHW-10 is missing in the preview but appears to function normally in-game. I don't know if it is related to those mods.

Same thing as above--preview texture IID change to eliminate sidewalk bug.

Pathing issues:
An FARHW-4 pathing issue I reported earlier doesn't seem to have been repaired. I still can't UDI past that point and Automata still don't use that lane (normally).

Could have sworn that one was fixed.  Don't know what's going on there.

General issues:
The advertised small 90 degree EMIS curve doesn't seem to want to work. It just reverts to RHW-2 past where the EMIS begins its curve.
Image: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jdenm8/RHW/Bugs/hunters_straight_13_jul_5211281863820.png

Yeah, it looks like the RULs didn't make it into the release build of the controller somehow.

I remember there being a Starterless ERHW-4 to RHW-4 transition but I'm not 100% sure. I think there was and if there was, it's missing now from the tab ring.

There never was a starterless ERHW-4-to-RHW-4.  Just EMIS-to-MIS.  We're planning on starterlessifying (?! :D) most of the ramp interfaces and transitions for Version 4.2, though, as the reception has been positive.

ERHW-4 Ortho to Diag doesn't have textures (still) in the same direction.
Image: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jdenm8/RHW/Bugs/hunters_straight_9_jul_5211281863803.png

I can't replicate this on that end.  I'd hazard to guess you've still got Blue Lightning's ERHW Cosmetic Mod floating around there somewhere, which is incompatible with the 4.x series.

Quote from: Korot on August 15, 2010, 07:48:41 AM
No matter what I tried, those two tiles refused to point in the proper direction. Well, the left one did a couple of times, but reverted back immediately I tried getting the right one to stand in line. Oh, and I've got the feeling the whole thing got a lot less stable with the new release, when trying to construct interchanges.

Probably the result of not being able to see the arrows there because of the IIDs not getting changed on the preview after the sidewalk bug fix.

-Alex

Blue Lightning

ERHW-4 Ortho to Diag doesn't have textures (still) in the same direction.
Image: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jdenm8/RHW/Bugs/hunters_straight_9_jul_5211281863803.png
You've got my old ERHW Cosmetic mod still. Throw it out.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Highrise99

I'm glad the "East Side Issue" is fixed, but where is the new FlexFly piece?  I can't seem to get A2 no matter how much I rotate the A1.  Is it missing or not compatable with LHD?  I am also wondering where the curved ground to elevated MIS transitions are.  Please help.  Thank you!

io_bg

Quote from: Highrise99 on August 15, 2010, 11:01:29 AMI am also wondering where the curved ground to elevated MIS transitions are.  Please help.  Thank you!
In the RHW Transitions tab ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on August 15, 2010, 11:01:29 AM
I'm glad the "East Side Issue" is fixed, but where is the new FlexFly piece?  I can't seem to get A2 no matter how much I rotate the A1.  Is it missing or not compatable with LHD? 

It's there--it should appear after 4 rotations of A1.  If it's not, you've got an outdated NAM Controller in your Plugins that is blocking it, which you'd need to remove.

-Alex

Highrise99

Quote from: io_bg on August 15, 2010, 11:02:38 AM
In the RHW Transitions tab ;)
Thank you!
Although, as I usually do, I forgot to include details:
I cycled through all the transitions, but I couldn't find it.
Quote from: Tarkus on August 15, 2010, 11:04:27 AM
It's there--it should appear after 4 rotations of A1.  If it's not, you've got an outdated NAM Controller in your Plugins that is blocking it, which you'd need to remove.

-Alex
Thank you also!
However, after four rotations, it didn't appear.  What file(s) should I look for?

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on August 15, 2010, 11:13:40 AM
Thank you!
Although, as I usually do, I forgot to include details:
I cycled through all the transitions, but I couldn't find it.Thank you also!
However, after four rotations, it didn't appear.  What file(s) should I look for?

That'd be another sign that you've got an incompatible controller around.  Both that piece and FLEXFly A2 were enabled with the new one.

Edit: And I've just checked the most recent LHD controller that went into the public build.  Both the Curved MIS-EMIS Transition and FLEXFly A2 are included in RUL 0x10000000 in there.

-Alex

Highrise99

Quote from: Tarkus on August 15, 2010, 11:16:46 AM
That'd be another sign that you've got an incompatible controller around.  Both that piece and FLEXFly A2 were enabled with the new one.

-Alex
Thx, but what is a NAM controller?  Also, what might the file name possibly be?
Just a note: I restarted my computer and opened an old city.  After that didn't work, I opened a new city, and the new plugins still weren't there.

Korot

Quote from: Alex
Probably the result of not being able to see the arrows there because of the IIDs not getting changed on the preview after the sidewalk bug fix.

The ramp is heading the way it is supposed to be, namely downhill. I might not be able to see preview arrows, but the description is still there, and I understand the difference between ON and OFF. That is not the problem, the problem are the EL-MIS over RHW-4/MIS Section right next to it, which are pointing in the wrong direction.

Here I've encircled the problem (click for full resolution):

@Highrise: Mine is called NetworkAddonMod_Controller_RIGHT_HAND_VERSION.dat, yours is probably called the same.

Regards,
Korot

Highrise99

Thank you everyone!
Really sorry, I forgot to install the new version of the NAM!  I'm just wondering if I have to uninstall the old version and reinstall the new version of everything like I just did a few minutes ago.  Can I simply install the new versions?  By the way, great work everyone!  I love the new versions!  I just rebooted and everything works fine, transitions and FlexFly.

Tarkus

Quote from: Korot on August 15, 2010, 12:18:57 PM
That is not the problem, the problem are the EL-MIS over RHW-4/MIS Section right next to it, which are pointing in the wrong direction.

Had missed the path arrows there on the EMIS bit.  I just attempted to replicate the issue on my end with a clean install, however, and was not able to replicate it. 

This worked fine, too:

-Alex

Blue Lightning

Maybe he has a stray starter laying around somewhere? The starters can reside on RHW x RHW overpass tiles. Try demolishing the two problem tiles and redraw it.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

sitejunction

Some of the Pieces that were, said to be included were not in the mod. Like the Splinters ,RHW TULEPS,and the curved transitions. Did i miss something?

jdenm8

The new splitters and RHW TuLEPs to my knowledge weren't to be included in this release.
The curving ramps are however included at the very end of the transition tab ring.

Quote from: TarkusThere never was a starterless ERHW-4-to-RHW-4.  Just EMIS-to-MIS.  We're planning on starterlessifying (?! Cheesy) most of the ramp interfaces and transitions for Version 4.2, though, as the reception has been positive.
I wasn't 100% sure there was but I thought there was one. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote from: TarkusI can't replicate this on that end.  I'd hazard to guess you've still got Blue Lightning's ERHW Cosmetic Mod floating around there somewhere, which is incompatible with the 4.x series.

But I like it sooooo much :cry: (and I left it in deliberately)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: sitejunction on August 15, 2010, 03:14:40 PM
Some of the Pieces that were, said to be included were not in the mod. Like the Splinters ,RHW TULEPS,and the curved transitions. Did i miss something?

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 15, 2010, 03:46:34 PM
The new splitters and RHW TuLEPs to my knowledge weren't to be included in this release.

jdenm8 is essentially correct.  There had been discussion some of those items being put into Version 4.1, but anything of that sort is usually rather tentative/subject to change unless stated otherwise in the form of an "official" feature list.  Additionally, what was originally to be Version 4.0.5 became 4.1, which changed things up a bit. 

The new splitters/transitions shown a couple months ago currently only have Euro textures, and as soon as they get default US textures, they'll get released.  Tentatively, they're planned for 4.2, though that is, of course, subject to change.

It's not certain when the RHW TuLEPs will get released.  It'll depend on how the texturing process goes, mainly.  Right now, there's just Road intersections.  Probably 4.2 or 4.3, though of course, that's subject to change.

As far as the fixes for the most recent release, I have fixed the affected preview models and am working on getting the EMIS sharp 90-curve back in and ready.  Once that process is done, the main download will be updated to reflect the changes. 

-Alex

Nego

It would be nice to have some inside type-B exit/entrance ramps and some Type-B diagonal exit/entrance ramps. I know there is draggable type-B inside ramps with the RHW v4, but what about puzzle pieces? Are they in the works?

mariuszd

I have got problem with 6c on the lower level of junction. This is probably caused by parallel mis. Is there any solution of this situation apart from erasing mis?

Tarkus

Quote from: Nego on August 16, 2010, 07:18:57 AM
It would be nice to have some inside type-B exit/entrance ramps and some Type-B diagonal exit/entrance ramps. I know there is draggable type-B inside ramps with the RHW v4, but what about puzzle pieces? Are they in the works?

Well, a puzzle piece version of the Type B-Inside wouldn't be particularly difficult to make.  I wouldn't be surprised if one popped into Version 4.2.  Type B Diagonal's been talked about since Version 3.0 . . . it is planned, but I'm not sure when it'll go into the mod.

Quote from: mariuszd on August 16, 2010, 10:30:26 AM
I have got problem with 6c on the lower level of junction. This is probably caused by parallel mis. Is there any solution of this situation apart from erasing mis?

It looks like you have a starter piece really close to the overpass on the RHW-6C there--that can sometimes destabilize intersections if they're made immediately afterward.  Try moving/getting rid of the starter and that may help.  If that still doesn't do the trick, you may have come across a setup that isn't yet supported.

Also, I've just made a slight update to the NAM and RHW files, so the preview model missing textures should no longer be missing, and the EMIS draggable sharp 90-curve should function more or less properly now (though like its ground-level brethren, it's not the most stable beast in the world at this stage).

-Alex

Nego

Does that mean that they are ready for download?