• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westamastaflash

What would it take for a cosmetic RHW-2 neighbor connector piece?

I like to place a HOV lane for buses in between my RHW-4s (and larger), and right now the only way to get a working neighbor connection for me is to plop the RHW-4 neighbor connector piece over top of the RHW-2 (and connect them using invisible loops).

In addition, it would be nice to have some neighbor connector RHW loops for other networks as well. In particular, GHSR, Rail, and GLR would be nice, so I could run my commuter rail in between my highways.

GDO29Anagram

@westamastaflash: I believe that request (Network under RHW loop connector) was made some time ago, but I haven't seen any such pieces in development yet. One option is to use the old-school loop connector setup for Rail/HSR/GLR/ElRail, though your setup for RHW-2 seems to work already.

By the way, Blue Lightning has a set of <a href="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/24184-rhw-hov-lots/">HOV lots for RHW</a>. I recommend you use those instead of using the Road HOV lot. (It looks a lot better that way.)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MandelSoft

These pieces might be very usefull...

*NOTE: currently, it's no more than just textures, but who knows... ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

pierrebaptiste

Hello

These pieces for a tollboth :

It's only a trying to the moment .

riiga

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on May 30, 2011, 12:19:57 PM
Hello

These pieces for a tollboth :

It's only a trying to the moment .
Why have you copied my not-yet-released textures and changed them without my permission?  :thumbsdown:

j-dub

QuoteWhat would it take for a cosmetic RHW-2 neighbor connector piece?

It always takes time, because the regular RHW-2 connected as normal, the possibility of realizing it would be in the middle between two other parallel RHW that needed loop connectors must have been overlooked. The RHW 6c is being set up for HOV lanes for the center, but that takes up 3 tiles wide instead of tiles.

Don't know the story behind that, but riiga that is really wide. I am assuming you came up with that based on your real life? I don't see them designed that wide in the US as much anymore, between they realized too late after that they were dangerous with the trucks and it made no sense to slow traffic down with the passes, but since wider RHW now a days, I am wondering if that idea should even be done with such a severe merge.

westamastaflash

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on May 30, 2011, 10:04:03 AM
@westamastaflash: I believe that request (Network under RHW loop connector) was made some time ago, but I haven't seen any such pieces in development yet. One option is to use the old-school loop connector setup for Rail/HSR/GLR/ElRail, though your setup for RHW-2 seems to work already.

By the way, Blue Lightning has a set of <a href="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/24184-rhw-hov-lots/">HOV lots for RHW</a>. I recommend you use those instead of using the Road HOV lot. (It looks a lot better that way.)

Thanks - This is a fine workaround for now. I tested the loop-connector method (the old way) and it worked with the rail intersection, so I'll be using that technique for now as well.

Thanks for the HOV tip - I pulled those down and will be replacing my hov lanes shortly  :). I also grabbed your NWM traffic restrictor lots - they look useful!

jdenm8

@j-dub nah, Riiga came up with the originals which were only about 4 lanes wide if I remember right (I was making an LHD version of them with slightly different lane markings I think)

@mrtnrln  :o Me wanty! :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

ivo_su

Today I discovered that there RHW-8c which has my favorite T21 optional tower lights and barriers  in the middle.  For this brave old highway destroyed by type 8S and began her commute with 8C. Huge mistake - it turns out that this otherwise  not so beautiful  network  of overpasses AVE-4 and rails over it. Ipravih to such difficulties  is that you have a poor imagination. It turned out that all of the Maxi's Road (AVE, road, one way, rails, etc.) which have elevated parts can pass on any network of RHW except the RHW-8C.
For this I pray, I implore not to make these overpasses over RHW-8c because the difficulty  is really great. Ai if by chance there pieces of HRS which pass over RHW would be great.

Ivo

Tarkus

We'll be addressing that with the next release.  The 8C will be getting some much needed TLC . . . the new specs on the textures means no more overhang, and it'll have diagonal functionality as well.

-Alex

TEG24601

I'm also hoping there will be a quick converter from RHW-8C to 6C, and perhaps a shorter transition between RHW-4 and RHW-6C.

ivo_su

Quote from: TEG24601 on May 30, 2011, 08:39:22 PM
I'm also hoping there will be a quick converter from RHW-8C to 6C, and perhaps a shorter transition between RHW-4 and RHW-6C.
they exist now and I use them to solve some of my problems. 100% sure that there is a splitter from 8c to 6c.

Wiimeiser

Will there be a one ramp variation of the new SPUI?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

MandelSoft

Yesterday these were mere textures, now they are full-blown puzzle pieces:

Pathing:

The mirrored versions are also available, in case you're wondering.

From time to time people ask me: "Hey Maarten, how long does it exactly take to create a puzzle piece?"  Well, it depends on the puzzle piece. These pieces and their mirrored versions took in total 3 and a half hours to complete, excluding texturing, including pathing, adding overhang models and RULing. Well, you get the idea about how long it takes...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Exla357

Hey guys, IDEA!

When I build interchanges it bugs me that I can't drag EL RHW stuff over on/off ramps and certain diagnols. So do you think there's a possibility to develop, like, a StraightFLY? Like the FlexFLY but straight? Would that work?

Sorry if I sound overeager haha.  ::)

-Alex

legoman786

There should be puzzle pieces to take care of (I think) what you want. I'm assuming you've been through them and couldn't find adequate pieces to achieve your goals.

Tarkus

That conundrum is something I'll be looking at going forward.  We could just set them up like normal diagonals aside from the weird way the Individual Network RULs function for same network intersections involving diagonals.  I'm not sure a Flex setup would really do the trick there, however . . . even with the trick part of a Flex, you're still going to be running into the INRUL same-network wackiness.

-Alex

Opkl

Quote from: legoman786 on May 31, 2011, 11:01:44 AM
There should be puzzle pieces to take care of (I think) what you want. I'm assuming you've been through them and couldn't find adequate pieces to achieve your goals.

No I think he means ElRHW over an interchange piece (on/off ramp starters). There are no pieces for that currently, but I like this FLEX-straight idea!  ;D It would make many interchanges more compact. Exla357, that was a great idea there. I don't think it would be impossible to create.