• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Raymo on August 10, 2022, 10:39:37 PMHowdy. Do not receive an E-mail for password recovery and would appreciate some help.
Just did a manual reset for you--sending you the details via PM in just a moment.

-Alex

NCGAIO

Quote from: Tarkus on August 10, 2022, 10:49:16 PMJust did a manual reset for you--sending you the details via PM in just a moment.

-Alex

I'm having the same problem 
Can reset for me too
Tks

Tarkus

Quote from: NCGAIO on August 12, 2022, 04:53:18 AMI'm having the same problem 
Can reset for me too
Tks
Just manually reset your password and sent you a PM as well. :thumbsup:

-Alex

frugle

Hi team

I have trouble registering on the SC4DLex. Keeps saying I have an account. But when I login it doesn't login. Help !thanks

Tarkus

Quote from: frugle on August 24, 2022, 01:16:35 AMHi team

I have trouble registering on the SC4DLex. Keeps saying I have an account. But when I login it doesn't login. Help !thanks
I've just done some research . . . it does appear there is a Frugle account, but it appears to have been registered way back in 2013, and the account details (namely the email and the location of the IP address) don't appear to align with the account details here for your forums account.  I'd register another account with a different username.

-Alex

javilaz86

What's wrong with LEX? I can not access

Tarkus

Quote from: javilaz86 on December 04, 2022, 07:40:18 AMWhat's wrong with LEX? I can not access
Exactly what the messages on the LEX say--it's due to the combination of the traffic load and flaws with the LEX software's session handling causing the server's RAM utilization to spike.  When this happens, we either have two options: let the LEX crash the entire server, or intentionally take the LEX down until the server cools off, allowing the remainder of SC4D to stay online (and be able to provide a proper error message).

Once the server has cooled off enough, we'll have it back online, though as we don't want people flooding it as soon as it reopens, it's unlikely to be announced.  We have plans underway to replace the LEX software, and are still working through interim plans.

Alex (Tarkus)
SC4D Site Owner

whennthen

I have several files missing dependencies I have hunted a few down only to find the server down, I dont know any other way to get the files I need, is this going to be a long term issue?

Tarkus

This thread was intended more for the discussion of issues with LEX accounts, not issues with the LEX being down, but given that the existing account system is likely going to be deprecated as part of any long-term solution (we're still working through the ramifications), I may as well answer again here.  The official responses about the situation (which I would say are still applicable) can be found in the announcement thread here.

Quote from: whennthen on December 14, 2022, 06:59:06 PMI have several files missing dependencies I have hunted a few down only to find the server down, I dont know any other way to get the files I need, is this going to be a long term issue?
Unless all of SC4D is down (including the forums), it means the server is still up.  The recent outages have involved intentionally disabling the LEX software, in an attempt to prevent the LEX from causing the server's RAM usage to spike to a level that will take the server down entirely.  This more controlled outage allows us to relay that yes, we know the LEX is offline, rather than letting the LEX crash the server and letting people's imaginations run wild from the generic error messages that produces.

The periodic outages are going to continue to be a thing until we can replace the LEX software.  There's no ETA on when that will be, though it's almost certainly not going to be in 2022.  We do know the importance of the availability of files to the continued liveliness of the SC4 community, so rest assured, we will find some sort of solution. 

We're trying to avoid having any sort of "temporary LEX" beyond just a few key files (i.e. tools), because it would mean migrating 4000+ files twice in a short timeframe, which just isn't feasible.

Alex (Tarkus)
SC4D Site Owner

Koldkrush

yes I reset my password and still can't access this site Koldkrush

BruceAtkinson

Hello BruceAtkinson here...I have been having trouble getting on the download site.  Forgotton my password and ask to be re-activated, however my email address is now powered by google...so the original email address I used and still use is [removed so you don't get bombarded by spambots]--again, although it is @telus.net, Telus has given over their email program to Google, and I am quite certain this is where the problem is.
 Bruce (BEJA)

Tarkus

Bruce, welcome back!  I've just manually reset your password--I've sent the details via PM.

-Alex

BruceAtkinson

Again...thank-you so much!!  Read your PM and all is back to normal!!!
  Bruce