• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Samkir--Update Two (3/28)

Started by TheSixCents, March 19, 2008, 09:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSixCents

It Means "Great and Fair Republic".
Please leave me alone, though.

EDIT: OK, I think we've exhausted the debate on the correct usage of Russian, Azerbaijani, or any other alphabets. TheSixCents has explained his reasoning for using the alphabet that he has chosen and, since it's his MD, is free to use any alphabet he desires. Let's move away from this, shall we? - Dustin (thundercrack83)

CabraBuitre

I think your city is great 6cents, no matter where it is!  Keep up the good work!  I really like the vivid colors!

Check out Abelfarei!

Glenni

It's pretty good actually, nice lotting work! :thumbsup:

paroch

Great update there SixCents.  I've been to the "real" Yerevan in Armenia and they have (or had, it was 1997) LOTS of grey buildings, but some pretty amazing large squares/plazas.  I think many of your pictures capture this, particularly the last three.  I seem to recall the trams they had were big very grey looking things!  I am sure things have changed now though.

Really like the multi-coloured dome building and the use of diagonals.  And the embassy is pretty cool as well.

And don't worry about what people say about the writing/alphabet, you are developing your own style MD here and it's a good one.

Keep it up SixCents and you'll have a popular MD on your hands  :thumbsup:

bigberta

Hehe, just read your reply to my comment, that's really flattering :) I'm glad you like my MD and I must say that I really like yours as well. The saturation reminds me alot of our friend iamgoingtoeatyou. And that is not a bad thing mind you. Keep it up!  :thumbsup:

panthersimcity4

I love this! Very Central Asian/Eastern European. Yjerevan reminds me a bit of Warsaw with the buildings, and the canal/river reminds me of Berlin.  ;D Keep it up!

Mulefisk

Great update. Great photoshopping and good layouts. Turning down the saturation a bit on a couple of the pictures gives a nice atmosphere.

Looking forward to the next update.

TheSixCents

Update Two:
Авеню Республики, or Avenue of the Republic, is another main thoroughfare in Yjervan City.
It runs through South Yjervan, a district that has shown alot of growth recently.

That's all for today, I will show single pictures of the area tomorrow or Sunday. Cheers!

CarmineHilton

Very sexy mosaic SixCents! Great use of buildings and OH MY GOD I love the canal ;)
It all fits perfectly =) Well done!!

Heblem

Thats a great euro mosaic, i like the avenue with the dividers, also the canal its interesting  :thumbsup:

BigSlark

Great MD, TheSixCents. I really like the Eastern Europe redeveloping feel of your cities.

Cheers,
Kevin

kwakelaar

Samkir is now a free nation, ruled by God and his Prophet,  Archbishop Suren Akopovich.
Quotethe  Fashion Capital of Samkir.
Sorry but I can't help myself, I find this quite funny,... what kind of fashion statements do we get from the Archbishop, another Nun's habit in black this spring?  :D

I really like the images you have presented to us so far, lots of strong colours and a nice mix of old and new buildings. The Grand Avenue is looking magnificent.

bat

That new mosaic is looking wonderful there!! Great work on the avenue! :thumbsup:

Pat Riot

great mosiac, how do the boats get through to the other side of the canal though? shouldn't that be a bridge?

metasmurf

Now that's what I would consider a splendid mosaic. :thumbsup:

Simpson

Very good I want more  :thumbsu ;Dp:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

callbat

Excellent work, this is one truly stunning mosaic  &apls

CabraBuitre

Can't wait...  I really like this MD!

Check out Abelfarei!