• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Zero7 - BAT studio

Started by zero7, July 07, 2007, 04:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zero7

I'm quite taken with the idea of creating a whole load of buildings before Xmas and releasing them in a prop pack.  To that end, here's the start of another building - this time a German kindergarten from Hannover.  Roof, windows and wood cladding are the main features needed to complete the basic building.

Leatherworks is virtually complete, though I'm going to look into dirtying the roof a little. In the previews you've seen the material blend isn't behaving itself so the dirt isn't showing up properly.
Call me Richard

zero7

Update on the kindergarten:

Building has now got its wood cladding.  Roof interest will be in the form of skylights and solar panels.

For those who remember 'Cathedral Street Studios' - I'm going to remove the studio portion and render the Georgian house as a standalone building.

Call me Richard

alj

Releasing a whole load of buildinbgs before Christmas? Sounds great.
The Kindergarten is coming along nicely. I especially like the wood cladding. The roof tiling does look a bit unfamiliar at first, but I guess it's the same on the original building. Speaking of which: A Briton BATting a Kindergarten from Hannover... interesting, where people get their inspiration from.

zero7

Quote from: alj on November 20, 2010, 02:21:31 PM
Releasing a whole load of buildinbgs before Christmas? Sounds great.
The Kindergarten is coming along nicely. I especially like the wood cladding. The roof tiling does look a bit unfamiliar at first, but I guess it's the same on the original building. Speaking of which: A Briton BATting a Kindergarten from Hannover... interesting, where people get their inspiration from.

In this case I saw the building in the "Phaidon Atlas of 21st Century Architecture".  That's where the Hermes Leatherworks building came from as well.

As far as the roof is concerned, the current texture is just one I've got in my default scene.  I don't know what the roof really looks like so I either need to find the building on Google/Bing maps or come up with my own design.
Call me Richard

metasmurf

I really like the modern design on the kindergarten building  :thumbsup:

zero7

Quote from: metasmurf on November 21, 2010, 02:32:41 AM
I really like the modern design on the kindergarten building  :thumbsup:

Thanks metasmurf.

Time for another teaser for the Xmas pack ... a 3x2 corner w2w apartment building (shown unfinished, obviously).  Something pretty generic ...

Expect a mirrored version for the opposite corner as well.
Call me Richard

psander5

Wonderfully generic!  It looks great.  I like the random arrangement of windows on the ground floor.  It looks quite contemporary.  I hope you haven't forgotten about the entrance though... I can't see one on this side side :D

The kindergarten looks like a nice one too!

zero7

psander5 - Thanks.  The random window arrangement has been nicked from a real building.  As far as an entrance is concerned - there are two ways in.  One is on the shorter side on the outside of the block; the other is at the bottom of the stair block on the inside.  The thinking being that you can get into the block from the main road or the garden/car park.
Call me Richard

Lilith

Quote from: zero7 on December 04, 2010, 02:28:49 PM
Thanks metasmurf.

Time for another teaser for the Xmas pack ... a 3x2 corner w2w apartment building (shown unfinished, obviously).  Something pretty generic ...

Expect a mirrored version for the opposite corner as well.

I like it, how far you let the limit, 1 meter?

noahclem

Nice W2W apartment. Looks a lot like what we have everywhere around here! Glad you'll be doing a mirrored version as well.

serebii666

Its good that you're doing a mirrored version; it'll add to its versatility. :)
"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

zero7

Lilith - I set my w2w buildings 2m from the edge of the lot, though with the overhangs this will probably work in either a 1m or 2m row.

noachlem, seribii666 - These apartments are on the Lex along with the mirrored version for the opposite corner.  Hope you find them useful.

Call me Richard